Automatic recording of multiaxis scripts from Virt-a-mate

I’ve been toying around with the Eosin VR Recorder for Virt-a-mate, and while it was cool, I felt the whole experience wasn’t there as I then had to script things manually. There already is a TCode plugin by TempestMax, but it does not 1) record 2) support funscript.

So I spent a couple of days learning C# and tampering with the TempestMax plugin, and now I got some automatic multiaxis recordings rendered from Virt-a-mate. I’ll try combining this with a VR recording tomorrow.

For now, I’ve just posted the modded plugin on the VAM hub forums with some sample recordings. I’ll do more updates as the project continues.

6 Likes

I believe @Yoooi 's ToySerialController had this feature too. I couldn’t found it in stable release though.

Yea I forgot I implemented this…

Posted v20 on hub: Virt-A-Mate Hub
And pushed to github: GitHub - Yoooi0/ToySerialController

6 Likes

I actually implemented this yesterday for Yooi’s script too. Virt-A-Mate Hub

EDIT: I had a look at your code, and it looks a lot better than mine. Good idea to clean the curve by Ramer–Douglas–Peucker! First I hear of that algorithm.

I’m trying to figure out how to sync my screen recording of VAM with the recorded funscript data using the ToySerialController plugin. It seems the script is much shorter than the recorded video. I’ll have to do more tests but I’m starting to think that low and unconsistent framrates could be an issue. I’m usually around 35 fps.

Any idea if framrate is an issue with the current implementation of recording? Any idea how to stretch funscript data to fit it to the video?

Anyways thanks for the amazing pluign, I’m in the process of creating a great custom implementation for SuperVAMDeepthroat!

1 Like

Hmm yea, it should record on each frame, not on each physics tick.
Physics time can slow down if FPS is low. Thats probably the issue.
Should be easy to fix.

Added ability to choose when values is recorder and what time to use.
In your case you should switch to real time.

You have to change the plugin extension from .txt to .var bacause .var is not allowed.
Let me know if that helps.

Yoooi.ToySerialController.22.txt (272.6 KB)

2 Likes

Hello, I’m testing your plugin , on sr6 script works fine but on Handy/SR1 (L0) is very “vibrating” script especially on slow animations, do u think this depends on RDP EPSILON parameter or only solution is manually clean script in OFS?

Epsilon will change the number of points. High = less points, low = more points.
You can record the script with low epsilon and then create a the handy version in OFS as it also has Ramer Douglas Peucker algorithm so it would do the same thing.
Or you can record with high epsilon but you will lose fine detail on SR6.

2 Likes