Ayva Remote now FREE for everyone (+The Handy and SR6 modes released!)

I’ve made the decision to make Ayva Remote free and available to everyone! You still need to sign up through Patreon, but you can now join the Free tier and create rooms at no cost:

Free Tier Gif Video

While I can’t promise that I won’t add some premium features at some point (or rate limit, or run ads, or do whatever I feel I need to do to keep it sustainable), I can promise that the base set of features will always remain free.

I’m realizing that its much more important to me to build community and create a culture of abundance than it is to make a quick buck.

Its so easy to get sucked into the profit motive. I felt that happening to me with this software for sure. And boy was it stressful. It’s NOT why I got into coding.

I just fucking love to build shit and I want people to enjoy the result of my creative flow.

That being said, your support is really appreciated. Its less about the money and more about validation of my work. Be it Ayva Stroker Lite, Ayva.js, Ayva WebSocket Hub, or the OSR Wiki—I’m creating a lot of stuff and will continue to do so. Every time I see a new patron it provides a boost. So thank you! :blush:

The Handy Support

I finished and released support for The Handy! This was quite effortful—about a week of hacking.

With the OSR I can just send whatever the position is at whatever time and bam. Done. Live control.

The Handy, however, only allows sending a target position and the duration it should take to get there. There is also sometimes enormous lag with the way they implemented Bluetooth LE. So I had to come up with an algorithm that essentially predicts the next position based on the velocity of the motion.

I also created a mechanism that detects when the motion is faster than The Handy can handle (pun intended). It calculates the BPM of the motion and enters into an alternating strokes mode, where it attempts to maintain the same BPM, but lowers the range / speed so it can keep up. It will instantly go back into live tracking mode as soon as the speed lowers back to within The Handy’s capabilities.

Demo:

Challenging and fun to work through :upside_down_face:.

I will likely release the code for it as an extension to Ayva.js. Its not perfect, but honestly some of the imperfections add to the experience. I had NO problem achieving orgasm in my first test run with a cam girl last night :blush:, and I had a ton of fun!

Anyways, simply put your Handy into Bluetooth mode and select it from the Device Settings like so, and then click the connect button:

select-handy (1)

The 3D model is currently a black SSR1 (I wasn’t sure if I’m allowed to use the actual Handy model):

Handy Demo GIF

SR6 Support

I’ve added the SR6 model and created two new modes: Surge and Sway. They allow controlling the respective axis along with stroke. The pitch and role axes are also updated accordingly so its more organic (these are essentially 3-axis control modes):

Surge:
SR6 Surge Demo Remote

Sway:
SR6 Sway Demo Remote

SSR1 Support

SSR1 Remote Demo Gif

Finding Partners

If there is enough interest, I will likely create an Ayva Software Discord with a section for Ayva Remote to help facilitate finding partners. In the meantime, there are other Discords such as Handy Control or Sky Private. Though I haven’t used those yet myself so can’t vouch for them.

I tend to just go onto cam sites or ask friends of mine.

What’s Next?

I have a backlog a mile high, but support for the Keon and other toys is on there; as well as a mechanism I’m developing for controlling complex multi-axis patterns.

Stay tuned…

Happy Stroking! :heart:

9 Likes

I don’t see a free tier available

Will this work with the Kiiroo Keon too?

1 Like

Free Tier Gif Video

1 Like

Not yet but will eventually!

Lol sorry, I don’t use Patreon very often. But I mean, if this meets my expectations. I’ll definitely support the cause

1 Like

I’m messin around with it but it seems on the mobile version I can’t find where to type in my connection key

Currently you can’t connect directly to the device from the mobile version. You connect from the desktop version, and then you can go to the room link on your phone if you like.

On the desktop, the connection uses Bluetooth LE. So you don’t need your connection key. You just place your Handy into Bluetooth mode by holding the button till it turns blue, and then when you click the connection button it will scan and you’ll be able to find your device and select it.

This is after you’ve selected The Handy in your output settings as I show in the GIF included in the post.

This is all reminding me that I need to create a more comprehensive guide :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I didn’t see the guide and the other info you had posted. I’ll take a run through all of that so I don’t bug you too much lol. But it’s really nice to see someone create this function. I was an early adopter of the handy (I still have the same one since it’s release lol). This kind of functionality is something I have been wanting and waiting for from the very start. The Handy devs told me summer of last year this function would be released late 2022. Then internal issues occurred pushing it back to later this last Fall. So far, still no update on their end as to its release.

Then I came across your post. One dude… coding from bed… did what a large scale company, so far, has not been able to accomplish. I applaud you sir for your contributions! I’ll definitely be joining a paid tier when I can!

I just might have to invest in an OSR6 when funds become available too, it looks sooooo much smoother.

1 Like

I just started working on the Keon! Will post an update when I get it finished.

Released support for Keon!