As many of you know, I’ve been very thankful to the wonderful community of scripters that makes this entire hobby possible. I’ve been passionate about helping out in any way I can with video hosting and cleanup. I unfortunately don’t have the time to script myself, but am continually thinking of ways to help that is less time and talent intensive as script authoring.
A few months ago, I jumped into 3d printing and have gotten to a place of decent success. I am not an expert by any means, but I’ve been thinking of an offer that can help the community, myself, and reward scripters at the same time.
- Any scripter on Eroscripts with at least 3 posted quality scripts (no glaring unfixed errors or user feedback).
- Scripter’s scripts can be for paid, free, or streaming videos, and scripts can be hosted here or linked to a paid site (SLR or RealSync)
- Scripter to choose 1 video from a MEGA folder of proposed clips and complete a quality script
- Proposed clips will be from a variety of actresses and genres to align requests with scripters’ tastes as much as possible
- I will try to keep the scriptable action to between 15-25 min per clip
- If a clip cannot be found that matches scripter’s tastes, then we will work together to find one
- There is no time requirement or due-date for scripters that decide to participate
- Upon completion of script, I will ship OSR2 parts kit to the scripter via USPS Priority mail
- Shipping will be free within the US, International shipping will need to be covered by the scripter
- Script to be posted to Eroscript directly (not linked to a pay script site)
What is included in the “parts kit”:
- All 3D printed parts required to build an OSR2 (printed in PLA+ in either white or black based on what is in stock - scripter will not be able to choose)
- Pre-programmed ESP32 board (WiFi setup will be required by end user)
- Screws, grommets, washers needed to assembly the OSR2
- Power button and jack will be provided, installed, and wired
- Fleshlight compatible mounting ring
- Basic documentation on completion of kit
What is NOT included in the “parts kit”:
- Servos - these vary widely in price ($30-$200) and quality. They also can break - this is not something I want to take responsibility of providing. Most users utilize cheap ones from Amazon without issue. You’ll need 2.
- Power supply (available on Amazon for $15-30)
- Servo Wiring
- Mount - OSR2 is VESA compatible, so mounting options are plentiful
- Setup assistance - I’ll help where I can, but do not want to become full time tech support. Supporting Tempest on Patreon will get you access to a very helpful Discord community
I also want to stress that I am not positioning myself or this offer as a professional-quality one at all. This is a DIY kit, I have no plans of becoming a storefront or selling any parts or services. This is truly an effort for me to get some awesome OSR2 kits into the hands of awesome scripters.
What do you all think? If there is interest, I’d like to open this up via a soft-launch to only 3 scripters. Based on that, I will make bulk orders for parts/hardware and get to printing. I’d estimate I’d be able to start shipping out kits within 3 weeks of soft-launch. After that point, I’m estimating I can open in batches of 5.
If this sounds dumb and ridiculous, let me know as well - I can take constructive criticism well (might cry a bit, but I’ll live).
Also, if there are any scripters that have jumped from a Handy, Launch, etc. to an OSR2 and have feedback to give - please do so. It’s hard to quantify how much better the OSR2 is than those devices, so impressions + testimonials may help.
Edit - 2/12 - expanded program to include tiers to allow scripters to work up to a full kit.
1 script - OSR parts kit (as described in original post)
2 script - OSR+ parts kit
3 script - Fully assembled OSR+ unit MINUS servos (I can install servos, but scripter pays for them when I’m ready to ship and provide full pictures of unit)
4 script - fully assembled OSR+ unit with servos included (75$ value servos with no warranty)