Can we get rid of the "Revive this topic?" nag screen please?

Let’s at least get rid of it for script categories. The scripts are timeless. It doesn’t matter how many years have passed, there’s no expiration date for showing your appreciation for a great script. I actually like it when older scripts pop up in the TL. It can be a nice trip down memory lane. It’s cool to see a script from those first few days of EroScripts, and go, “Oh yeah that’s a ‘so-and-so’ script! No wonder I like it so much!” If nothing else, it gives everyone a chance to check out something that’s been buried under an avalanche of posts that they may or may not ever search for.

1 Like

there’s no way to change this setting on a per-category basis unfortunately. It’s also just a disclaimer, it doesn’t prevent you from posting, so I don’t think it’s that much of a barrier

Would it be so bad if we got rid of it site-wide then? Most people spend their time in the script categories anyway. I think it’s safe to say that most of us have been using the internet for the majority, if not all, of our lives so we’re already familiar with the necro-thread faux pas. It’s just a disclaimer, but we’ll never know how many people it’s discouraged from posting.

1 Like

id want to get some other people to chime in before making a decision

1 Like

That’s fair, but I wouldn’t expect much feedback. Most members spend their time in the script categories and this post is only averaging about 40 views a day. It would probably be more informative to just disable it for a trial run, and see if the non-script categories get swamped with necro-threads. On the surface I doubt it will look much different either way.