ClipMash - Generate video compilations automatically (v0.21.0)

New release: ClipMash 0.14.0

New features

• Automated marker creation for local videos by detecting scene transitions
  • Added an (almost) lossless video encoding quality setting

Bugfixes

• Add encoding parameters (resolution and codec name) to clip filenames to avoid reusing already created clips with different encodings

Download the release here: Release v0.14.0 · soundchaser128/clip-mash · GitHub

2 Likes

:exploding_head: Out of town currently, but looking forward to testing some of the new features. You just keep killing it, my dude!

It’s pretty basic at the moment. It relies on the scene transition filter in ffmpeg and inserts a marker at every detected scene change, which usually translates to camera cuts, so for PoV videos, it probably won’t do anything.

1 Like

Well, there’s the scene transition detecting, the scripts working for local videos now, and a few other small things I haven’t messed with yet.

Love what you’re doing with this! As always, I’ll provide feedback when I do finally have a chance to test some of this stuff.

could you point me in the right direction on how to use the automated marker creation, as im having a hard time to figure it out, cheers!

Yes, so when you select local files on the start page, you click on the “Markers” button in the lower right of the card for the video. If the video has no markers already created, there should be a button next to the video player that lets you create markers automatically. It will take a bit, depending on the size of the video file and your CPU, as ffmpeg has to analyze the video, but after a bit, it should finish and show the generated markers. If no scene changes were detected, it will create one long marker across the entire video.

After creating markers

1 Like

thanks much appreciated

New release: ClipMash 0.15.1

It’s been a bit, but there’s also a fair amount of new features (and I have some other things planned… mostly, I want to unify the video library from Stash and for local videos, but I’m not 100% sure on how to do that yet)

New features

• Added beat-based funscript generator
  • Allow splitting markers in half for local videos
  • Added dark mode
  • Added Docker image at ghcr.io/soundchaser128/clip-mash
  • Improve progress handling, better ETA calculations

Forgot to link the actual release, here it is:

1 Like

Can a feature be added to remove a clip or rearrange clips manually at the ‘Preview Clips’ section?

That’s been planned for a while, but it’s more complicated when music is involved (and the cuts are sync’ed to the music), but I can probably leave out the complicated part for now and implement it for the regular case, that would be fairly simple.

New release: ClipMash 0.16.0

New features

• Allow removing and re-arranging clips (unless the cuts of the video are sync’ed to music, that needs more work)

@charz1060 give it a try if you get the chance.

The delete works fine but when you try to move a clip a dialogue box shows up saying

“You have made manual changes to the clips, this would reset them. Are you sure you want to re-generate the clips?”

Clicking “OK” resets everything, restores deleted clips and doesn’t change the order, clicking “Cancel” on that box gives the expected behavior. I think the same function used for the “Apply” button is being triggered here.

Hum, sounds like it! Guess I didn’t test that enough. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll take a look.

Should be fixed in version 0.16.1:

Fantastic tool, thank you for sharing this. Could I make a cheeky request if its not already on your roadmap?
Can you make it possible to apply a weighting system (or something similar) to indicate where each maker could appear throughout the generated clip? e.g. So you can make it start off with some softer markers and work into the harder content progressively, or stick to particular themes at defined intervals? Maybe you could limit the appearance of certain markers at defined points of time, you know?

Hopefully this makes sense!

Yeah, I think I get what you mean. I guess what could work is to have a drag & drop list of unique marker titles selected for the video that you can arrange in the UI. So, if you have, let’s say, 5 blowjob, 3 cowgirl and 6 missionary markers, you would have three unique labels that you can arrange via drag & drop.

Exactly! This feature would be awesome if you have the time and/or inclination to develop it!

Should be doable, made a ticket: Feature request: Allow specifying when a marker should appear in a video · Issue #55 · soundchaser128/clip-mash · GitHub

Is there any way you can implement creating clips losslessly without re-encoding them? It would be useful for combining videos together where they were originally the same resolution. I think maybe just the audio may have to be re-encoded in this case in order for it to fit into a single media track with ffmpeg.

Also, I found a pretty significant bug.
When you do a search and have more than a page worth of results, then scroll down and hit Next Page, it just loses the query.
So for example:

http://localhost:5174/local/videos?query=blowjob
→ click Page 2 at the bottom
→ it takes you to http://localhost:5174/local/videos?page=1

It should take you to:
http://localhost:5174/local/videos?page=1&query=blowjob
So that you’re on the 2nd page (page=0 is page 1, page=1 is the 2nd page) with the query included.

You can manually type the URL in and it works, but otherwise, you can’t access all your results.

From my experience, that’ll only work if the video parameters are exactly the same (so, encoding, encoding parameters, resolution etc.), otherwise it’ll lead to problems. I guess that could be implemented as an optimization eventually.

Thanks for the report, I’ll look into it.