Codec Support with Programs

Codec Support:

Here is a list of audio and video codecs that are supported in the four main teledildonic programs used.

This is a wiki page so if you find a codec works (or doesn’t) in a program, you can edit the page, reorder the codec to one of the four categories and add your observations.

• ScriptPlayer - Only tested with the “Local” video player. You will have better compatibility when using MPC-HC as the video player, see the “HandyControl” section for those results.
  • HandyControl (uses Media Player Classic Home Cinema (from the K-Lite codec pack)) - Only supports certain audio files types (.mp3, .wav, .flac, .m4a, .ogg, .wma), only works on version 0.11.0 and higher
  • JoyFunScripter (JFS) - Only allows video files.
  • OpenFunScripter (OFS) - As of version 1.0.9, you can now load audio files without images attached

Codecs

Programs that do not support the codecs will have these signs next to said codec

:x: - Unsupported
:exclamation: - Has problems but can still be played
Nothing - Works fine

:green_circle: Works fine with most (or all) programs

• MPEG Video Layer 4 (.mp4)
  • MPEG Audio Layer 3 (.mp3)
  • WebM (.webm)
  • PCM Uncompressed Audio (.wav)
  • Matroska (.mkv)
  • Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) - :exclamation: ScriptPlayer (not officially supported but loads)
  • Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac) - :x: ScriptPlayer (inconsistent on whether it loads or not. The best luck I had was loading the file after starting the program, position jumps forward when seeking)
  • Advanced Audio Codec (.m4a) - :exclamation: ScriptPlayer (not officially supported but loads)

:yellow_circle: Works with some programs fine, and/or has minor problems

• N/A

:red_circle: Causes major problems with programs or is unable to be used in any program

• N/A

:question: Untested

• Opus (.ogg) - Vorbis and Opus have the same extension, use MediaInfo (tool) to know if it’s one or the other
  • Apple Lossless (.alac)
  • Quicktime (.mov)
  • Flash Video (.flv)
  • Audio Video Interleave (.avi)
  • Windows Media Video (.wmv)
  • Windows Media Audio (.wma)
2 Likes

HandyControl itself does not use any codecs yet. The app just analyses the filetype and if it’s a video then it is used. In theory I could enable support for any format that MPC can play. I just have to add them to the white list.

White List
“.mp4”, “.avi”, “.mkv”, “.wmv”, “.mpg”, “.mpeg”, “.webm”, “.m4v”, “.mov”

Edit: Next version will also support: .flv, .mp3, .wav, .flac, .m4a, .ogg, .wma

Can’t reproduce that :confused:
It works for me. If you have “force hardware decoding” enabled try turning that off.

My bad, it wasn’t the codec that was causing the problem, it was OFS itself.

Audio files have to have a picture/cover attached to them, or else it breaks OFS

Since version 1.0.9 you can load audio files without images. :sunglasses:

Next version will also support: .flv, .mp3, .wav, .flac, .m4a, .ogg, .wma

Its released now.

Got it, will update the post soon