Controlling Stroke length on OSR

Hoping for some advice. Recently bought the OSR2+ which I think is amazing. Using OTPlayer as it’s the only one I could get to work (I’ve downloaded MultiFunPlayer but despite playing around with it for literally hours I can’t get it to play videos and scripts).
Can anyone advise on how I can limit the stroke range. On the Handy, which I also own, it’s easy to control the stroke length, so that instead of 100% up and down movement you can limit it to say 80% of the full stroke length.
I can’t seem to find any way of doing this with OTPlayer. Can anyone let me know what I can do and how to do it?
Thanks so much.

What do you need help with in MFP? You could have just asked on the main thread, or dmed me here or on discord.
MFP by itself doesnt play videos, it connects to one of the supported video players.

Here is super basic how-to: GitHub - Yoooi0/MultiFunPlayer: flexible application to synchronize various devices with media playback
You probably want to start with mpv as its the simplest, if you expand mpv settings there is a button to auto download latest mpv release, after that just click connect and it will open mpv window where you can drag-drop video files to play them. MFP will load a matching script when you do so.

2 Likes

Thanks for the guide - I’ll give it a go.

Have you any suggestions on my main query though - controlling the stroke length when the OSR is in use? Can you do this through MFP?

Yes ofc, after you add serial or udp output you can expand the output settings and there you can find customizable range sliders for each axis.

Hi!

Apologies that its taken ages to resume this thread.

I’ve read through the guide, and I’ve got a fairly good idea of what I’m doing now, so thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. However, I have one ongoing issue which I just can’t seem to resolve which I hope you can steer me through. I can’t seem to connect MFP to the MVP player. I have installed both, but when I try and add MVP to the list of players I keep getting the following - MPV failed with exception:

System.Exception: Could not find mpv executable! Please set path to mpv.exe or download latest release from settings.
at MultiFunPlayer.MediaSource.ViewModels.MpvMediaSourceViewModel.RunAsync(CancellationToken token)

I’ve tried using the Media Path Modifiers tab, and gone through all the settings to see if theres somthing I’ve missed to link MVP to the Player but can’t find whats going wrong. Are you able to steer me in the right direction?

If you’d prefer I DM you or use another method to contact please let me know, but thanks for any help.

Expand MPV settings with the arrow button on the right side, and there you can find a button which downloads latest mpv and sets everything up.
Or if you want to use your own mpv install there is a button which you use to select location of “mpv.exe”.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.