Converting E-Stim file into funscript

Hi guys,

I am a complete newbie in this field and I have a question that may sound silly to you professionals: Is it possible to create a funscript from an e-stim file?
Simple “dots” or timestamps with the start/end of an intensity level would also suffice, as I am very familiar with Funscript tools and can use that as a starting point for my script. But I can’t read the audio tracks from e-stim…

There are programs that can do it the other way around, but I don’t know how E-Stim works and if there are “unique” points in the audio file that could be converted into stroking patterns.

Thanks to all!

You’re gonna need Audacity and Funscript Generator. Just search for the latter on this site. Import your file in Audacity and first run a normalize. Have everything checked. Then run amplify. Maybe around 2-3dB. You want a thin dark blue strip around the tops and bottom edges. Export into FunscriptGenerator. Extract peaks with a lowpass filter. Increase the peak scale and generate beat until you see a nice mountain range of blue. This is what generates the script action. Lower the peak2beat threshold to something real low like 0.01. Click generate beat again. The green is what the script is going to look like. Min command delay is the min time between actions. Export the funscript and then edit it manually to get rid of any gaps or irregularities.

I haven’t done this in a while had to remember how to do it. It gave me an excuse to generate a funscript for a file that I always wanted a script for. Which can be found here.

2 Likes

I think it should be possible for stereostim signals that try to make a stroking sensation. For this a triphase configuration us generally used with channel A connected to the head, channel B connected to the base, and the common of A and B to an electrode in between. From the audio signal, derive a third signal by adding A and B together.
Then calculate for all time points the amplitude of A, B, A+B. When A is the largest, that translates to a pos in between 70 and 100. When B is the largest, that is a pos lower than 30. and when A+B is largest, pos is in between 30 and 70.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll try your approach.

Your solution sounds also good, maybe with a little bit more tweaking and getting into it. But I’ll try both approaches.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.