Deovr causing videos to glitch

Whenever I try to watch videos on Deovr the screen starts to glitch. I can watching them fine in other apps. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this issue.

What kind of glitching? Have you tried “Direct Show” on/off in the settings?

The picture shakes, but only in 180 and when the menu is gone. I don’t see direct show in any settings.

I had the same thing happen. It’s like the left eye will be playing fine but the right eye will haves single flashing frames and it seems the glitching will switch back and forth. I’m on a Quest 2.

Do you have the correct codecs installed? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, try installing the K-Lite Codec Pack. If you do know what I’m talking about, that’s probably not the problem.

Do you have tracking turned off? If so, try using a stationary boundary instead of turning the guardian off.

This is a known bug with DEOVR on Oculus Quest 2. They need to fix it (and add that 90/120hz support)!!!
The temporary fix is to redo your guardian and go back into a DEOVR video BEFORE turning off any lights.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.