DeoVR not sending funscripts to handy (PC, Rift S)

Literally from one day to the other, DeoVR isn’t sending scripts to Handy anymore. It connects to Handy (I am logged into SLR via DeoVR) and it says ‘Connected to Handy’.

When I loaded a video, it used to say ‘Sending script to Handy’ (or something similar) and after a few seconds it would work

Now it does not display the ‘sending’ message anymore and the script isn’t loaded.

Scriptplayer and HandyFeeling and Faptap work as it always did, so it’s not the Handy that’s at fault. Help?

An alternative VR player for PC is also welcome.

Please note I am on PC vr, not on Quest 2. Thanks!

1 Like

Same problem on Quest 3. The one video and script that I bought from SLR still load, but any I’ve downloaded from here don’t register.

same issue for me on both PCVR and Quest 2 Standalone. I did buy one script on SLR just to make sure that theHandy would work previously and streaming that script worked just fine.

maybe it now fully requires a subscription to be able to use local funscripts?

Thx for bringing it up. Dev team is looking into it. Will follow up shortly

same issue on Quest 2 streaming from PC via DLNA

Hi guys, could you please help me understand the situation better, so I can get back to the team with more info.
When the scripts stop sending to Handy, do you still see script “dropdown” in haptics tab? can you choose different script on video where there are 2 scripts available?
Or maybe when you open haptics tab you see “request script” button only?

I am talking about playing local scripts with local videos. They are not sent to Handy anymore.

The problem also exists with the Keon, when playing videos over DLNA and with the Keon connected, once I open up a video, there isn’t even an option to use a script, like the button is completely missing inside the player. And no script will play, I have tried multiple videos with assigned scripts, but nothing happens.

It’s most definitely a DeoVR problem. Got my quest 2 out of the cupboard and installed Heresphere, which works without issue. If it is SLR’s intent to drive me away from their ecosystem, mission accomplished.

Understood. Do you have premium subscription active or any scripts/videos purchased?

Could you let me know as well if you have premium subscription active or any scripts/videos purchased?

I have the same issue as the others in this thread. Using DeoVR on my Quest 3, logged into SLR so that I’m able to connect to my Handy (scripts have been purchased to enable this of course), it says it’s connected correctly in the haptics settings menu, but when trying to play videos with local scripts there’s no haptic icon present in the player menu and scripts never play. Seems something broke in the latest update.

1 Like

Not currently subscribed no, but have been and it has worked until the latest update last week. Did read on someone trying with getting a subscription and it still not working on local videos and scripts. As @WhyfuVR said, I am able to connect the Keon in the menu, but no icon is present and scripts will not play on local videos.

EDIT: I have been a previous subscriber with the Script bundle, if you need that information.

I have several purchased videos and scripts.

No active subscription, but have purchased a video and a few scripts from SLR site.

The purchased video still plays and loads the funscript. All local videos/scripts that had been working suddenly do not. The handy is connected, can go from running the purchased video/script to the local videos and there is no hint that the player looks for a funscript for the local video. No haptics buttons.

Not sure why this decided it was a reply to WhyfuVR, that’s not the post I clicked to reply to. Anyway…

Thank you for confirmation, we are looking into fixing this

So this wasn’t intentional?

If you have an active subscription or have previously purchased scripts/videos you should have the ability to access local scripts
If you have neither - then you will not be able to use this feature .

The team has checked and all should be working as intended now.

Still not working. I opened the menu and saw on the right pane the following error in red letters:

Handy error: timeout reached

Didn’t appear to be any updates to the app. Problem still exists. As stated previously, no active sub, but have purchased both videos and scripts in the past. Those still work as they should. Local videos do not.

My setup (quest 3) isn’t even trying to send a script on local videos to get a timeout.