DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

The grip clamp is the 300mm (= thightening space between grip.).

1 Like

Hi Lucifie, checkout my post further up thread i have designed a 3d printed part that gleshlight sleeves fit into where the handy strap can clamp much more, works like a charm. (if you have a 2d printer)

Huh, I’ve got that Stanley vice, but I never thought to attach it to another vice.

Sadly I don’t have such a printer :c But I have a mount that woks realy good. I was just trying out other methods.

So i have created a more, minimalistic setup.
I used a musicians beer-holder (yes music is a serious business :smile:), a gooseneck, a desk clamp, some thick foam i had lying around for the beer holder as padding (~2-2.5cm thick, its too big for the handy otherwise, attached to the holder with some zip ties), and a simple thin plastic wire for added safety to wrap around the handy (really thin, so thin the handy’s sleeve-holder slides right by it).
Do note that the desk clamp and gooseneck aren’t the ones i bought, those i couldn’t find on amazon, but they look very similar.
This is not the most stable setup in the world if you use the handy at its maximum length, but its really simple and doesn’t shake too badly.

2 Likes

I like the beer holder a lot. It looks like a good alternative to the setup I use which has the Handy zip-tied directly to the gooseneck.

1 Like

I started using a monitor arm for a hands free solution. Very easy to use and very sturdy as well and doesn’t require any 3d printed stuff.

You just need a monitor arm - costs like ~ 30€.
Two cable ties.
Something to attach the monitor arm on.

20220129_215607

@vrpicasso Can you list the parts in your version? Amazon links would be best if you can. Thanks!

handsfree handy 1 handsfree handy 2

Hello,

Thought i’d share my handsfree setup so here goes:

Its an old desktop lamp stand that i modified slightly:

1.removed the lamp cap
2.cut the wires
3.removed the light switch

might use caple ties instead of tape at some point but it works for now.

The base is weighted so it keeps it nice and sturdy in place, you can still easily access the buttons on the back aswell. The neck is able to tilt forward and backwards and with a little twist of the bolt at the base its very simple to lock its position.Its easy to pickup and put between my legs, and put away when done.

maybe this will inspire others with some new ideas, unfortunatly i can’t find the model of this particular lamp…

1 Like

My first version used a pole clamp - you can see the parts and my comment on what I replaced the pole clamp with here: https://www.reddit.com/r/theHandy/comments/ko4fi8/water_bottle_holder_pole_clamp_and_support/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The new clamp I mentioned above is: Manfrotto super clamp, attached to a manfrotto mini friction arm, with a Manfrotto 394 RC4 Low Profile quick release plate system

I have since iterated to my final design which is the same as above but instead of the small arm I use the much bigger Manfrotto magic arm for more reach and flexibility, with the 394 RC4 plate. It’s fucking pricey, but it’s shit I already had. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554345-REG/Manfrotto_244RC_244RC_Variable_Friction_Magic.html

1 Like

Hi, I’m looking to find a way to have hand free mount that can Work on all position. Was thinking of something with mic stand but how can I attach handy to it wondering if it will move. (Can add stuff to the Mic stand to make it stable. Thx for advise

Does someone can print this and sell it to France ? Don’t have access to 3D printer

Don’t have the Handy yet, but ordered one, so I’m looking into it.
Do you think this desk clamp cup holder would be sturdy enough? was thinking it might be able to be turned upside down to be used at the edge underneath the desk.

1 Like

I tried this, when the handy really gets going it will work its way out of the cup holder.

1 Like

If you want to wait it out someone from TheHandy (HandyAlexander) part of engineering said that they are releasing a out of the box handsfree solution in Q2 of 2022.

3 Likes

Here is another mention about it from the team. In the comments is a link to a YouTube video that shows it but the video is not about The Handy. https://www.reddit.com/r/theHandy/comments/sory1a/what_mount_for_the_handy_did_marc_rebillet_use/

Use a SLR camera tripod.
Attach by cable ties or insulation tape to the middle pipe.
Adjust the legs to correct height
Works well

Hi y’all! Here’s my idea for people looking for a lying-down solution! Has been working great for me and isn’t terribly expensive to craft and parts are easy to find, though you will need to have a few tools on hand.

Parts needed:
3 6 x 1/2 metal screws (can be found at Lowe’s or other hardware stores)
2 1/4" x 3/4" machine bolts
2 1/4" hex nuts (found these along with the machine bolts in a variety pack at Harbor Freight Tools)
1 4-inch corner brace (4 pack at Walmart)
4 zip ties (longer ones are better)
bike bottle cage (the one I used is from Walmart, called Zefal Pulse Handlebar Bike Bottle Cage)
2 2 lb dumbbells
plastic cutting board
crafting foam sheet with adhesive backing

Tools needed:
power drill
3-1/2" hole saw
3/32" drill bit
1/4" drill bit
screwdriver
ratchet set

Notes: You’re free to improvise with whatever materials you can find, but as far as the cutting board goes, stay away from the wooden ones unless you want splinters on your junk! It doesn’t even have to be a cutting board, but the plastic is much sturdier and can withstand the force of the Handy.

The procedure:
First you’re going to start by drilling a big hole toward one end of the long side of the cutting board using your hole saw and power drill. This is the hardest step and will be even more difficult if you have a weak drill! Make sure the hole saw you’re using is meant for use on plastics. Since cutting boards are supposed to withstand… cutting, it might take some time and effort, but hang in there! Side note, the cutting board I used was about 0.7mm in thickness, so the thicker the board, the longer it will take to cut all the way through. After you get the big hole out of the way, the rest is relatively easy.

Next you’re going to take your bottle cage and drill 3 holes in it with the 3/32" drill bit like in the picture. Afterwards, you’ll want to put your Handy with your preferred toy attached in the bottle cage to gauge how far to screw it away from the big hole. Once you find your perfect spot, remember the position and remove the Handy from the cage, then using the drilled holes in the cage, drill pilot holes into the cutting board using the same 3/32" drill bit. Afterwards, you can screw in the 6 x 1/2 metal screws in the cage and cutting board.

You’ll notice after the cage is screwed in that the spine kind of bends toward the big hole, which will lead us to our next step. The cage should have some knob in the back that would allow you to attach it to bike handlebars, go ahead and remove that by pushing downward and it should slide out. Take your corner brace and slide it into the opening where the knob went and keep the spine of the cage straight up. The tip of the brace should just barely be inside the opening, but it doesn’t need to be any further in.

Next you’ll need to drill some holes into the openings of the brace facing the cutting board using the 1/4" drill bit. Then you’ll insert your machine bolts from the underside of the cutting board and then tighten the nuts through the top. The purpose of this brace assembly is so that the Handy doesn’t wobble forward during use, which would create uneven stroking.

Now you’re going to notice that those screws you inserted through the cutting board will be poking out the bottom, which would not feel good against your skin during use, so you can simply cut a piece of your adhesive crafting foam sheet to cover the sharp ends. Don’t be too careless in cutting the foam since you’ll need more of it for this next part. To keep the bottom of the Handy sitting straight, cut a circular piece of foam to stick on the bottom of the Handy so that the screw heads on the bottom of the cage don’t rub against the Handy directly. Next you might notice that with your Handy sitting in the cage that the arms of the cage kind of get in the way of the drive path, so you can easily fix this by sticking some more foam sheet onto the sides of your Handy. I used four rectangular strips of foam, double stacked on each side so that the added width will bend the arms of the cage out more to allow the drive to move uninterrupted.

The last step is kind of optional, but depending on what toy you’re using, the weight of the assembly might cause the cutting board to move around uncontrollably. You can just use your hands to hold the cutting board down, but then it wouldn’t be truly hands-free. All you have to is place a 2 lb dumbbell on each side of the cutting board and drill some 1/4" holes around them. Then you just have to feed the zip ties through those holes and tighten them to keep the dumbbells in place. Snip the excess and voila! Now you can enjoy your Handy lying down without having to hold it at all!

As an added bonus, I’ll give you all a tip on a problem I’ve encountered. So I use my Handy lying down with a Fleshlight Go while wearing a VR headset, mostly for PMV’s and Cock Hero/Fap Hero videos, and through lengthy sessions the lube dries out and it’s a real pain to reapply when you have the headset on, and then it’s also a pain to unscrew the cap of the Fleshlight every time to put lube in it. So my solution for this is to remove the cap of the Fleshlight, and drill a 3/4" hole in the center of it. You can use one of those Christmas tree shaped drill bits for this. Screw the cap back on, and get yourself a small dropper bottle at Hobby Lobby and fill it with your favorite liquid lube. Depending on what brand of dropper bottle you buy, you might have to adjust the size of the hole you drill into the Fleshlight cap, but the caps of my dropper bottle fits perfectly into a 3/4" hole. On the cap of the dropper bottle, drill a 1/16" hole in the center and put it back on the dropper bottle. Now when you’re using your Fleshlight Go with your Handy, all you have to do is stick the bottle with the cap attached into the hole and it will stay in place. Whenever you need to reapply lube, just give the bottle a squeeze and you’re good to go! Make sure not to tighten the cap of the Fleshlight all the way or else the suction will cause all the lube to leak out of the bottle while in use.

Let me know if this has helped anybody find a solution!

7 Likes

IMG_20220301_134706

I use the model from defucilis: Universal Hands-Free Handy Mount by defucilis - Thingiverse
And a VESA 100 monitor arm with a C-clamp: https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=NIFXZNLC69ZT&keywords=BONTEC+Single+Monitor+Arm&qid=1646139456&sprefix=bontec+single+monitor+arm%2Caps%2C136&sr=8-3
Works fine for about a month now.

3 Likes

wow. this must be the best documented handy setup i have ever seen ! well done mate.

3 Likes