DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

Yes, it stays on the table very well. plus all buttons are open.

1 Like

Wotcha!

Just thought i’d let you all in on my little set up, and the one thing i do that might be somewhat novel!

So, when the Handy arrived, i knew that the standard (rest it on your pelvis) technique was not gonna cut it. i’m very much a long term edging kinda entity, so handsfree was an absolute necessity. Also, although my PC is downstairs, i much prefer lying upstairs in bed with the privacy of a locked door, so stand alone VR headset is da King for me.

Casting my mind around, i remembered that i had made some time ago a bath bench out of 2" by 7.5" pine that didn’t get used, so i modified that. i sawed one end up and shaped it to fit between my thighs, and mounted the Handy to the end. i also sawed the nearest leg down a bit to introduce a tilt towards me, and to make sure the Handy was as close fitting as possible. It ended up looking like this:

Yeah, check out the amazing spaghetti junction of random tensioners i used, like some crazy Heath Robinson invention. i will redo all that at some point, with a sexy cup holder or summint, or wait for Handy to get their hands free out, but for now, it works, don’t knock it!

There are some advantage that i imagine this has over some other methods. The weight is great, and centered below the base of the Handy, so there’s little movement of the Handy when engaged. By resting hands or feet on it, or gripping with thighs, one can change the way it reacts, and make it far more imposing. One can shift around, raise knees, etc etc, with no issue, so i’m more than happy with it.

The weird and maybe novel thing i do, is i use a device called a Suck-O-Mat 2 as the receiver. The Suck-O-Mat 2 is a blowjob machine, it’s basically just a pump that sucks and relaxes at whichever tempo you chose. There’s supposed to be some preset patterns, but the stupid machine can’t run them long with out going into standby. So, the way to use a Suck-O-Mat 2 on it’s own is to suspend the rather weighty TPE receiver from the ceiling, and use some sort of elastic band or something to allow the receiver to have some give, so it can bounce. i set it so the base is floating just above my pelvis. The receiver can then dance about and will edge you like a fiend when active. Good times.

So i had the brainwave of using the Suck-O-Mat 2 as my receiver in the Handy. The set up for that looks like this:

i left the string holding the O-Mat up, cos it takes some of the weight off the Handy, and keeps Handy’s cable out the way. Using both devices together is an absolute blast, the O-Mat has different speeds (i usually only use the bottom two or three with the Handy) so one can adjust a kinda background intensity with it. The fact that the suction is not scripted actually adds a random element to the funscript’s feel, as it interacts with the funscript’s motions.

Obviously there are many issues. Luckily i had the device already, as the combined cost of these two units is pretty much £500+ / $600+, at which point you may as well buy an OSR2+ or SR6, and get all the fun of the fair with them. The suction needs to trimmed and adjusted quite a bit as you’re going along, and having the strap wrapped round the TPE sleeve actually makes it too tight sometimes, i could go on, but do you know what? The first time i ever used it with a funscript, i nearly fucking cried it felt so good, can confirm, religious experience, mind blown, etc etc, (though aye, that was my funscript cherry too…) so yea, no complaints over here.

Improvements to the receiver coming, i only just found out in comments here that a Fleshlight Go will just fit within the strap for the Handy, so i’ve ordered one of them, and am gonna drill some holes or something and rig it to work with my Suck-O-Mat and the Handy.

Hope that helps someone, the bench idea works really well if anyone’s looking for something less… metaly standy… and more… woody…

Also curious if anyone else has used the Suck-O-Mat 2 in this way, and how they work with it…

Many thanks!

InfiniteFun.x

3 Likes

Hi,
I use Manfrotto tripod lighting stand combined with a Manfrotto umbrella adapter to hold my Handy and it works like a charm! That is if you prefer to stand up when enjoying the Handy.
This is an extremely sturdy setup that won’t move an inch even when giving it all you have.
Highly recommended!
You will also need a 26 cm long stiff metal tube (1 cm ø), two cable ties and some electrical tape.

Manfrotto equipment can be bought here:

Setup looks like this:
Pict 1
Pict 2

Pict 4

Good luck!

2 Likes

NIce one! Thx m8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been using the stanley vise for a while now and it’s worked really well. I made vise jaws to help hold thehandy and published it on thingiverse. I also added non-slip pads on the jaws.https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5495118

3 Likes

I went through lots of the suggestions here and thought, the tablet holder plus some way to fix the handy (or other device) to it would be easiest. The post I found linked to articles from Amazon US, if anybody reading this lives in Germany, here is what I think you should be getting:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GQDQCKF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just remove the front part of the device

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07M9PZBSQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For reusability. Otherwise use these one use plastic ties for cables and stuff

2 Likes

Have you tried it?

To be honest, no, as I am still waiting for my device to arrive. In the meantime I went through stuff and decided on this, because it also got some praise from some people - it was posted on reddit a while back.

The main aim of my post was provide with easy links for customers from Germany :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Also easier for customers from Denmark :slight_smile:

Was wondering if the tablet holder is rigid enough

According to the original post it must be…I mean, it is supposed to hold an iPad!
I have it ordered and will post an update here if I remember.

I think its the most minimalistic:
links:

Pros:
-Cheap
-feels premum
-looks good
-easy to make
Cons:
-makes scars on table(add cusion)
-the ring is a little big (add paper as shown in the picture)
-moves in fast movement scripts (wont happen if “in use” or just move it back)

5 Likes

Here is my resent hands free setup. This is a good one if you want to take things away from the desk.

Total cost around $46

Camera mount ring $20
Suction cup vise $20
L bracket $4
Ceramic tile $2

DSLRKIT Tripod Mount Ring A009 for Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 VC USD https://a.co/d/6wuELBB

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!!.. Nice setup bro I’m going to get the same exact setup

1 Like

Hands-Free Update
To everyone patiently awaiting news of our official hands-free solution release: we’re very sorry to say that we have taken the decision to delay the launch.
We hope that you understand our decision (not one that we would ever take lightly!) and that it will ultimately lead to a much better product.
The reason for the delay is because some of the accessories we have sourced for the complete kit do not meet our standards, so we are investing further time into making customised versions of these parts to ensure the best experience for all users.
However! The good news is that we still plan to release the main part of the hands-free kit before the end of the year. It will be a hands-free cap that can attach to either end of your Handy.
The cap will have a universal attachment (fits 1/4" screws) so many widely available accessories will work in conjunction with it, such as arms and clamps intended for mounting cameras. This will enable Handy users to set up their toy in any number of hands-free set ups.
As always, thanks for all your support and trust in us 🙏

this was in the lastest update from the handy team, looks promosing imo

3 Likes

I use a similar setup, but with a proper c-clamp and magic arm.

The biggest advantage of setups like this IMO is how easy they are to set up. It’s very compact and lightweight (not a fan of monitor arms). You don’t have to disassemble the whole thing in order to stow it away. It’s very versatile in terms of what angles/distances/positions it can support. And I think the clamp and arm could be reused for an OSR2/SR6 setup.

1 Like

There is already a 3d printable part that works really well. I had this part printed last June and it has served me perfectly since. In my opinion, this is hands down the most elegant and simple mount. I did use two ipad stands taped together for better stability since i use it with a FL. Instead of modifying the strap to hold the FL I simply extended the handy base by 6 inches (which rests on the stomach area) and use a waist strap around my back and the extension. Totally hands free and stable + you can change the angle, hold it down for more intensity, and as I mentioned in another thread, the bounce effect added by the ipad stands and the weight of the FL is amazing and adds a bunch of range. Takes 30 seconds to set up and break down. Hmu if you want more info on setting it up.

1 Like

Tape it to a broom stick, remove the broom, drill straight into the ceiling above you. Duct tape the handy around the broom. Find some means of securing the other end of the broom into the ceiling. Wala

3 Likes

Got this yesterday and gave it a try. Worked perfectly! Thank you. Always wanted a minimalistic solution I can easily store in a small locked box.

1 Like

@SlowScripter Are you using this? https://www.amazon.com/Stretchy-Anti-Slip-Silicone-Extension-Accessories/dp/B09YTVZL2J/ref=sr_1_13?m=A27EG86DQC8EEQ&qid=1666335738&s=merchant-items&sr=1-13
Any good? I wanted to order the Handy truegrip pro band but they are out of stock.