DIY Handy Hands Free ideas?

I am. They work great on sleeves with a case, I mostly use quickshots. The plastic looping part (idk what it’s called) may get in the way with non case sleeves.

1 Like

I bought a 70 mm camera ring but it doesn’t fit. Did you have to adjust it somehow??

1 Like

Yeah you’ll have to add something to fill the gap. I wrapped the bottom of the Handy with gorilla tape, it will take 2-3 passes before it’s thick enough to fill the gap.

1 Like

You and me both brother and I had the same issue it would still be too big

I was using black gorilla tape, but switched over to this rubber bracelet.

It’s a small bracelet, it needs to fit tight.

Place the bracelet around the bottom of the Handy.

Place Handy in camera ring and tighten into place.

The colored bracelet makes it easier to see if the Handy is in place.
Be sure not to place the Handy in the ring too deep, the slider will hit the ring resulting in a red light.
:+1:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time out and give detailed description… question…where did you get the plastic ring from?

1 Like

It was in the junk drawer, so who knows. I used tape for longest time and it works just as well.

I needed something for bed, but I wanted to be able to adjust the handy angle mid use depending mainly on how forward or backwards she was leaning.

So I came up with the following:

Foam covered bits on the bed and one hand control for the angle. Clamps allow for quick height adjustment or removal.

Anyone keen to know how I put it together or hand any questions let me know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I purchased a Multi-Angle Base Vise and it works very well if you are sitting at a computer desk.

This is my way of using a tripod.
By mounting a umbrellaholder on top of the tripod, i can angle the Handy in any direction that suits my needs……from vertical to horisontal.

This works perfect for both ”blowjob”- sitting down, and ”doggystyle”- standing up.

Highly recommended.

1 Like

This is my way of using a tripod.
By mounting a umbrellaholder on top of the tripod, i can angle the Handy in any direction that suits my needs……from vertical to horisontal.

This works perfect for both ”blowjob”- sitting down, and ”doggystyle”- standing up.

Highly recommended.

See it in action…works like a charm :wink: :

Thanks for this! I got this exact setup and it works fantastic!

Thats the same vise i recommend to people.

Also if you get a small ikea 3 legged stool, but only attach 1 of the legs to the seat. You can flip it upside down, put the seat part under your backside or upper thighs and use it in bed, either seated/laying down, or in a chair or recliner thats not near enough to a desk.

So… Today the Handy team mailed the news about their hands free solution and it’s open to pre-order and will be available in January. See here.

I am kinda disappointed. It’s just a cup, that you need to attach to a camera or microphone arm. So it’s useless, if you don’t have one of these or don’t want to buy one. I was really excited to see their hands free solution and thought it would be a true hands free solution. But it’s not. It’s an attachment and not a full hands free solution.

Maybe they declared it somewhere, that it will be just an attachment and that you need a microphone / camera arm for it. I expected a bit more and I am a bit disappointed. I hope there will something else.

I don’t want too talk negative about the Handy team though. They did so many great stuff after their release. We got many new really cool sleeves and we got a lot of firmware updates and overall improvements for the Handy and they are very active and close to the community. Most companies release their product and are done with it. Maybe because the Handy team did so many great things before, I expected a better hands free solution.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about it? Will you get one? Do you have an arm for it or are you planing to get one for this?

5 Likes

I think when they announced the delay they said that it’d be something compatible with 1/4" mounts. IIRC they said they intend to sell the cup on Amazon soonish and sometime next year sell the whole package (arm, clamp and cup). I don’t recall which quarter they were projecting for that.

It’s a bit disappointing we still have to do some diy stuff to make it work, but maybe a more elegant package is to come next year. (being optimistic)

1 Like

I am cautious on how that adapter and a tripod would perform in terms of stability and strength when playing fast scripts and tighter sleeves like the handy lips. No real knock on it yet since people haven’t tried it, so i’m going to wait and see what other people have to say in the future.

Would have been nice to have an accompanying video for a stress test in their ad.

2 Likes

Could someone please provide me some links from shops. For attachments and stands which are compatible with new Handsfree Cup. And it must be easy too install. Im not that Handy.

2 Likes

Tripods on their own are not very stable since the handy still makes it top heavy, you would need quite some heavy weights at the bottom to counter that, and even then depending on the tripod results can vary.

But if the tripod can get additional support (like for example a table on which can rest and avoid motion in 1 direction), its a relatively stable solution as instead of 3 points of contact, it now has 4 of which 1 is close to the device (giving a lot of stability). You can just have it rest passively, use tape, or attach it a diffirent way, depending on how solid you want it to be (for me passive resting is stable enough).

Shaking isnt even an issue since the tripod can effectively still move, but generaly just wont except some vertical shaking. And since its passively resting to the table, the table isnt shaking (and i have a rubber piece between the tripod and tabel to muffle noise).

I already use a tripod for the handy because i cant attach a clamp to the desk (its bottom surface not flat and cant clamp anything because of that). But the table otherwise still provides the extra stability.

Of the tripod 2 of the legs face towards you, and 1 of them faces away (the other way around it allows sideways movement, in this case the table would block that).

I hope this helps enough at knowing how stable it is.

Thanks that helps. I’ll stick with mounting directly to table in that case

https://www.thehandy.com/store/the-handy-handsfree-cup-3

1 Like