DO NOT BUY the Syncbot - Durability is awful & Very expensive to keep using

Its the best hardware from an experience standpoint.
It is not durable however.

Its a tradeoff, do you want the most advanced best feeling? Understand you are rolling the dice on it breaking fairly easily.

2 Likes

Mine broke too, but they sent me a new one, it got overheated and the up and down motion stopped working, I usually leaving it to charge until next use maybe that’s why? They really need to do more testing and update the user manual, maybe sealing the scabbard somehow to prevent liquid from going into the electrical parts, overall I like this product I wish just that it had more range of motion I am not big guy, but this thing goes up and down for like 3 inches against the handy that you have a full 7 inches of movement.

1 Like

SR6 is obviously a more interesting and potential toy than syncBot. It is just that SR6 is too complex. It is very difficult and time-consuming to create scripts for SR6.

“Random” interpolated strokes from the stroke axis in MFP solves this. Can barely tell tbh

3 Likes

as scripter this makes me sad :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Is that program available for public or is it only with purchase of a syncbot?

thanks for the reviews everyone, helping me to make a much more informed purchase

1 Like

Warranty period is 180 days.

Support wont replace a scabbard that came broken.

1 Like

Sadly adding in that my experience was similar. Loved it for about 4 months until it started falling apart. I emailed customer support and never even got a response. Looking more and more like either no one is in charge over there, or the people in charge don’t care.

2 Likes

DM a mod at the discord. They respond within a day there, and it seems to be their primary platform to resolve customer issues and spread news.

Word. I can’t get myself to enable random motion because I work too hard trying to get all axes perfect and want realism above all else. That said, I think we could have some presets for certain positions that would work to enable not-so-random motion on the other axes. E.g., if you send the position to MFP, the pitch axis would respond differently based on if it was cowgirl vs reverse-cowgirl.

1 Like

I have configured a hotkey for that before in MFP. Say if I press and hold “C” it will automatically change the settings so that a up-down stroke becomes inclined forward at the top.

Took me half an hour to set that up but sadly lost during an update.

That’s smart. I need some time but want to automate this to work with existing funscripts and metadata. Just need to read the positions from bookmarks and then generate the source script for pitch and possibly surge (L1, aka near/far). Think this would make multi-axis scripting a bit easier if you could just generate a base for pitch or pitch & sway.

can you convert these AI scripts to funscripts? Is there a tool to convert syncbot scripts to funscripts ?

No. It is designed to be one-way - you can convert funscript to syncscript but not the other way around.

Agreed, I had one, I really enjoyed it, but after tearing THREE scabbards and having to replace the base unit once because it developed a DANGEROUS fault. I’m not giving them any more money.

They’ve also gotten increasingly shady with their software, you now have to pay for even the AI scripts in syncbrowser, and they are only accepting crypto for payment.

2 Likes

rule of thumb is, they allow other features into their environment, but never the reverse (e.g funscript > syncscript is okay, sync to funscript is not, buttplug io devices work in syncbrowser, however syncbot does not work in the buttplug io (or any open source connection) situation).

while im not inherently anti-closed environment (although I would prefer for it not to be) my problem is that the thing has a severe lack of options on how you can use it, because of the refusal to implement intiface functionality.

2 Likes