[Game Integration] Modding Tyranoscript Games

MountBatten has been posting dev updates on their Ci-en. It looks like they’ve implemented english subtitle to the game. They also replied to a comment in English.

I’m not sure if there’s a chance of gaining their applaud on integrating scripts to the game. Just having video export of the scenes will make things easier.

1 Like

Yeah hopefully this sequel will include a English version.
It would be great to have videos, or at least the full models for the Live2D scenes, because as it stands right now, they’re a real pain to script.

I think I found the way.
There is a tool called CubismViewerGems, which can convert motion files into video files.

1. Load *.model3.json file (ex. data\others\plugin\live2d\model\Doris_ride\Doris_ride.model3.json)
  2. Load *.motion3.json file (ex. data\others\plugin\live2d\model\Doris_ride\motion\4_1_1_2.motion3.json)
  3. Select motion and click Record Animation button.

That’s all, there will be a .mov video file in the viewer directory.

2 Likes

Great find!
I actually used the official Live2DCubismViewer to play each motion while recording the screen. Then I split the video into all the animation segments.
The build-in recorder here is definately an improvement. Just the resulting recordings where pretty big .mov files and wouldn’t play properly for me, so I used MediaEncoder to convert them into H.264 .mp4 and that works great.

2 Likes

Hmm. If it outputs a “compilation” video of all animations, then EDI may do the trick here…

You still have to detect the end of each motion and play the next one manually, which of course causes some delays between the animations. So there will be gaps in the recording, which is not ideal.
The tool @affqprow mentioned is nice, since it detects the start/end of each animation and automatically records it as well.
But now that I have all the animations in separate files, it was not hard to just compile them all into one video.

Had to make some more adjustments to the code for the Live2D animations, but got it all working well now, so I’m not sure if it’s worth switching to EDI at this stage, even though I would like to give it a shot.
Just getting rid of most the delays/stuttering between animation-switching could be worth it.
I’m also working on a translation for the game, which is a lot more time-consuming than expected.

It would be very helpful if someone wants to help script the scenes!
The seperate videos files, as well as a full compilation (with the Definitions.csv) can be found here, if anyone’s interested:

1 Like

In their latest dev log, MountBatten ditched the live2d method due to some position issues and resorted to using video files instead. @ZeroScripts @affqprow

1 Like