Handsfree cups

Is pla not a bit brittle though and likely to crack up more than petg. Also, I’m still relatively new to 3d printing but my bambu lab a1 was quite fast with petg and prints have been strong - I’d rather print with petg than pla that would only to crack up later.

depends on what brand of PLA / PETG you use :wink:
like always the more pricey it gets the better the quality , if you buy cheap pla / petg the more likely it’s going to break .
it’s quite the same as you buy a new graphics card for your pc if you want quality and performance you will need to get the new RTX 4090 TI ( around 3700 € ) , if you don’t want to spend like you won the lottery you could get a RTX 2060 (around 200€ ) but the quality is way less than buying the RTX 4090 TI

I wish i could afford a pc let alone a graphics card :sweat_smile:

• Yep, I agree about the filament though I have only ever used bambu labs basic pla and petg so far. Looking forward to trying the petg-pc too with the hardened hotend on a A1 in a few months though.

than your gonna be very pissed off :slight_smile: i own 2 computers :smiley:
1st computer
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 3D Chip
NZXT N7 B650E Motherboard
64GB DDR5 Ram Viper Venom RGB
Lian Li Ghalahad II 360 LCD-INF AIO
6x Lian Li Inf Fans
3x Corsair ML120 RGB Fans
2x Thermaltake Fans
1000 Watt Corsair Power Supply
RTX 3060 Eagle OC12GB
1x 18TB HDD Seagate Barracuda
1x 8TB Hdd Seagate Ironwolf
1x 4TB M.2 Crucial SSD
ThermalTake The 500 White midi case

2nd computer
Asrock B550 motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram
Artic Freezer II 240MM AIO
1x 256GB Aorus M.2 SSD
1x 1TB Samsung HDD
1x 1TB Toshiba HDD
3x Coolermaster ML120RGB Fans
1x Hyte 120MM Fan
750 Watt NZXT power supply
Hyte Y60 Case with Screen mod added to the side

:smiley:

Not at all - Good on ya for having some good custom taste. I’ll get a decent one someday.

@g90ak may beg to differ… And I want to learn about this too.

Apparently a lot of factors comes into play. PETG is more temperature and UV resilient that’s for sure.

From what I have briefly read about g90ak’s pla parts, they are 100% infill and at 0.12 layer height and printed by a bambu lab printer and probably with bambu lab basic pla - So thats all good and should do fine. Petg might be a bit more expensive but last longer from not absorbing moisture but I think we are talking like 2 years plus but could be wrong.

Maybe this can help… but either should suffice, especially if printed by a good printer with good filament as possible with bambu lab

@Dani-Joeri Is it okay for you if I change the topic name and move it to DIY.

The topic is more like “Handsfree Cup buy or print yourself” now. The informations are good but not in the right category.

yes you can move the topic :wink:

1 Like