Handy firmware version 4 rolling out

I’ve updated FW few minutes ago and new.handyfeeling.com says “Handy FW 4.0.10”. :frowning:
I’m dumbfounded by the speed you’ve implemented the key binding :dizzy_face: :heart_eyes:, thank you very much, but how can I find out (or define) the keyboard controls?

Hi.

4.0.10:
4.0.11 is rolling out over the next 3 weeks. When the update will be available for your Handy is random. You can opt-in on beta build on Handyverse to skip the line.

The key binding:
You have to enable it here: Handyverse under “key binding”. When you have enabled it you can change the binding.

Enjoy:-)

2 Likes

Ditto. I still use handy sleeves though. I’ll bet they make more on the sleeves in any case.

Just a warning - people have been reporting problems with 4.0.11 in the Handy subreddit. Seems like it’s sometimes hitting the top with a banging noise.

I’m going to downgrade to v. 3.

Yes, I have downgraded back to FW 3 for the moment.
Sommes actions are skipped, some stutters, I don’t feel the details on my script like before…
And indeed, on my side I had to pull minimum stroke limit to 5% otherwise on some actions it touch the bottom. (Had a little scare something broke first time it did)

1 Like

big L,
How about you guys make it so we are finally independent of the online connection to the Handy servers and instead can host our own?

7 Likes

Im surprised they still haven’t changed it so it doesn’t showup as “Handy” on wifi networks anymore. That’s a pretty big privacy issue if youre on a shared network that can lead to some awkward comments.

4 Likes

I can confirm this happened to me as well with some scripts. And, I’m guessing because of this issue, the moving slider of my handy got quite loose. Now it rattles and makes a loud noise when moving :frowning:

Anyone knows if it’s possible to fix this, and tighten up the slider again? I’m pretty sad about this, because this unit was still in very good condition before upgrading the firmware, despite being of the first generation.

Hopefully they will be able to fix this issue before more units get damaged or loosened.

Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, let me know.

EDIT:
Just FYI, other than the banging on the top in some scripts and loosening up the slider, FW4 worded really good for me. I loved how fast the uploads are, and most of my scripts felt more responsive as well. So I liked the upgrade overall, I’m just worried on that bug that makes the slider hit the top though.

1 Like

Fixed in 4.0.12, the new name is our company name Ohdoki.

1 Like

We have tried to squeeze out some more stroke length on FW4, but it seems like it overshoots too much in the end. We have done some updates that will come out in FW4.0.12

Under consideration. Will not happen before we have full adaptation on FW4 and API v1 and FW2 are depricated (next year).

2 Likes

I appreciate you trying to fix this but, having it show up under that name would be even worse. Put it into google and you’ll see why.

1 Like

Changed it to “Ohd - Norge”

2 Likes

Thanks @handyAlexander for being present here and responding to requests :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I’m having a problem with FW 4.0.11 and 4.0.10 as well.
I’m using the handy in legacy bluetooth mode to connect to intiface central, and when I play a funscript through scriptplayer and pause on an upward/downward stroke it just keeps moving up/down until it reaches the top or the bottom of the handy.

What happens?
Stroker continues traveling after pausing a funscript until it reaches either the very top or very bottom, depending on which direction it was traveling during the pause.

What should have happened?
Stroker stops in place when paused.

Steps to reproduce
Put handy in legacy bluetooth mode.
Connect the handy to intiface central.
Connect to buttplug/intiface in scriptplayer.
Set mpc-hc to video player in scriptplayer.
Play script in mpc-hc and pause while the device is stroking.

I have found that the new firmware struggles to follow faster movements, or more accurately simply skips them.
Even on their own sync test, when it goes to the top, and has a little downwards indent and then up, simply gets skipped for one big top.
So i have downgraded to firmware 3 again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We are working on a fix in 4.0.12, and I hope that the bugs do not discourage you from continuing to help us in the beta testing.

3 Likes

I just found this, so should I WAIT for the potential fix to update, or should I yolo and just do it now?

I would wait, FW4 just doesn’t have nearly the same level of performance at the moment.

1 Like

You can try the latest update. It should address many of the described issues. FW4.0.12. NB! It is only available with the STAGING FW feature flag at the moment.

2 Likes