Handy firmware version 4 rolling out

We have tried to squeeze out some more stroke length on FW4, but it seems like it overshoots too much in the end. We have done some updates that will come out in FW4.0.12

Under consideration. Will not happen before we have full adaptation on FW4 and API v1 and FW2 are depricated (next year).

2 Likes

I appreciate you trying to fix this but, having it show up under that name would be even worse. Put it into google and you’ll see why.

1 Like

Changed it to “Ohd - Norge”

2 Likes

Thanks @handyAlexander for being present here and responding to requests :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I’m having a problem with FW 4.0.11 and 4.0.10 as well.
I’m using the handy in legacy bluetooth mode to connect to intiface central, and when I play a funscript through scriptplayer and pause on an upward/downward stroke it just keeps moving up/down until it reaches the top or the bottom of the handy.

What happens?
Stroker continues traveling after pausing a funscript until it reaches either the very top or very bottom, depending on which direction it was traveling during the pause.

What should have happened?
Stroker stops in place when paused.

Steps to reproduce
Put handy in legacy bluetooth mode.
Connect the handy to intiface central.
Connect to buttplug/intiface in scriptplayer.
Set mpc-hc to video player in scriptplayer.
Play script in mpc-hc and pause while the device is stroking.

I have found that the new firmware struggles to follow faster movements, or more accurately simply skips them.
Even on their own sync test, when it goes to the top, and has a little downwards indent and then up, simply gets skipped for one big top.
So i have downgraded to firmware 3 again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback. We are working on a fix in 4.0.12, and I hope that the bugs do not discourage you from continuing to help us in the beta testing.

3 Likes

I just found this, so should I WAIT for the potential fix to update, or should I yolo and just do it now?

I would wait, FW4 just doesn’t have nearly the same level of performance at the moment.

1 Like

You can try the latest update. It should address many of the described issues. FW4.0.12. NB! It is only available with the STAGING FW feature flag at the moment.

2 Likes