Handy Loss of Network Connection

lately my handy has been dropping out of network mode (red light) to stand alone mode (green light) randomly in the middle of playing a script. it is happening randomly and not in a predictable way. it is not a network problem because the video i am watching on SLR when this happens still keeps on going. has anyone had a similar issue? is there a fix?

Happens frequently with mine as well. Doubly so when I’m using an Eero mesh network. Seems to correlate with peak usage hours. No solution as of yet, but the Handy guys stated they were working on reducing the degree of handshaking with the central servers to mitigate this in a future firmware release.

1 Like

I also use an eero mesh. Haven’t noticed any issues in the last week myself, but it definitely depends on the time of day.

Changing my Handy connection key and re-connecting the wifi has helped resolve problems a few times too.

2 Likes

Hey! I’m with Ohdoki’s Tech Support.

We strongly recommend changing Connection Keys, like Islanti mentioned above. Sometimes the issue can also isolated to your ISP, but we can’t confirm that as of yet. We are also looking into other solutions but these will take some time as they require more research and collaboration.

If all else fails, email support! Depending on the situation we can look into further options.

1 Like

thanks for the tip. I will try that and let you know.