Handy not playing locally

As the title says. It plays sites that sync to the “handy connection key” just fine (thankfully!) but getting them from here and playing just locally thru ScriptPlayer no longer seems to work. I don’t understand since I HAVE to have ScriptPlayer open in order for the sites to work anyways. I’m hoping this is just a self issue I have.

TheHandy is designed to use their servers to connect and upload scripts to the device, i.e. WiFi and Internet. So by “locally” I assume you mean sending commands directly using bluetooth. The most common issue with bluetooth is that it isn’t set up correctly, either the device, the operating system or the player / other software involved. I’ve never bothered using bluetooth on my Handy since network works just fine for me so I don’t know any details. I just remember the hassle with bluetooth and Launch.

In ScriptPlayer:Settings:The Handy: Script Host, do you have (handyfeeling.com) or (Local) selected. If local, check that your computer is still using the same local IP address. I’ve had mine change after rebooting and it not re-connect until updating the IP address to match my current connection.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.