Handy Not Responding - Error 429 - Too Many Requests

Has anybody noticed problems with Handy starting yesterday?

I am getting http error 429 'Too Many Requests’

It might be related to the update from 120 to 240 calls/minute. The HTTP response message header has a counter that seems to skip numbers or counts calls that were not sent.

Log from HandyControl (dev version)

18:50:21.623 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 101 Reset: 1602175832 Time: 10/08/2020 16:50:32
18:50:27.271 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 54 Reset: 1602175832 Time: 10/08/2020 16:50:32
18:50:28.994 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 50 Reset: 1602175832 Time: 10/08/2020 16:50:32
18:50:30.517 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 37 Reset: 1602175832 Time: 10/08/2020 16:50:32
18:50:31.350 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 223 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32
18:50:36.165 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 203 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32
18:50:37.782 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 200 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32
18:50:38.110 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 198 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32
18:50:38.414 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 197 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32
18:50:38.732 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 196 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32
18:50:39.394 - Limit: 240 Remaining: 193 Reset: 1602175892 Time: 10/08/2020 16:51:32

I have already contacted the devs as it looks like it’s not on my side.
Can anybody confirm this?

Yeah, i had a lot of issues yesterday, losing sync etc. It’s a bit better after the firmware update i think, but i still lose the connection quite frequently, especially on the handyfeeling website. HandyControl is the only thing that works for the entire length of a video (thanks for the program btw.)

Same here, I’d use ScriptPlayer if I were you

Tons of issues today (first time I used since update). Any time I tried adjusting sync it would disconnect and not reconnect. I had to quit my browser (tried both safari and chrome) unplug the handy and restart connecting from scratch and eventually it worked

Nothing but connection problems on my end. I eventually started getting the “Error 429” after 45+ minutes of frustration.

I was having this problem even on handyfeeling.com playing local video yesterday. Very strange considering all I did was upload, sync and play a single video (with a few skips and play/pauses thrown in)

Not sure what is going on atm but the response header has changed since yesterday.
Maybe this is a temporary or permanent fix :upside_down_face:.

Can confirm - and that causes certain commands (e.g. set stroke) to fail.

HandyControl is not affected. Stroke , Speed, Playand other are working as always.

Might be because of different implementations - in my case the problem seems to be a changed return type

I just pushed a fix for the mentioned problem in ScriptPlayer: The API suddenly returns the stroke length in mm instead of % and that broke a response deserialization that expected an int, not a float

2 Likes

I think there were at least two values in the API which were wrong documented. % / mm
They ‘fixed’ it by sending both values now^^

Oh btw, syncAdjustTimestamp is now sending responses instead of timing out

Have not tested this in the new API yet. It was broken before. Might test this out soon :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.