HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

This update is fantastic! I really appreciate the DeoVR integration.

I am, however, running into an odd issue that I never saw on 0.12.0.
After I use the app, every now and again, the app doesn’t boot fully. I can see handyControl in the windows10 processes and I can even see a window representing it when I alt-tab. However, I can’t see the window anywhere. Once it gets in this state, it won’t boot properly anymore.

I do have a multi-monitor setup (which sometimes gets confused when storing desired monitor location), but no matter what I try, I can’t get it to show back up.

The only way I have found to get around this is to move the unzipped handycontrol files to a new folder and then it will launch ok. However, all the settings are reset. Is the settings file stored elsewhere?

Let me know anything I can do to try to track down this issue.

That sounds weird :thinking:
I do not save windows locations in the app.

Try Win + Shift + Arrow keys in all directions. Sometimes the windows are out of the screen. You can switch it to other screens this way. Works with all windows. What if you disable the second monitor in the settings?

C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\HandyControl

Thanks for providing the settings location. That let me track it down.

First I tried moving the window with those hotkeys and then going back to single-monitor setup and that didn’t fix anything, so I think that was a red herring.

However, when I went into the config and removed the ‘preview heatmaps’ option under the script settings, it started working again. So as long as I don’t check that box, I’m good. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to run different versions of HandyControl (at different times obviously)? I have the previous release from this and it is superstable, works like a charm. If I download this updated version and place it in a different folder, it wont interfere or modify the previous installation, will it?

Just checking. And thanks for this software!

Still very strange. Have you set a limit for the heatmap preview? If you have a large folder with scripts then HandyControl will calculate all of them if you dont set a limit. But it just does this if you open the ScriptFolder dropdown.

grafik

You can see it as portable. It’s no setup at the moment. If you change the location it will create a new settings file with its default values every time.

1 Like

:page_facing_up: This is a update for HandyControl V0.14.0

Documentation

I have started a little PDF documentation on HandyControl that will explain some basics on how to use the app. It’s located in the zip file for every release from now on. It’s not done yet so expect updates on the next releases.

Stroke Generator

This was a request by @Jupiter. I have further developed his idea to be more flexible and to give you the possibility to create scripts with it. You find a new button in the menu which opens this window.

grafik

The Stroke Generator will control Handy live or create a random script from the settings. You can select a range for stroke, speed, and variation with your mouse and mouse wheel.

Stroke: Range for stroke 10-100%
Speed: Range for speed 10-100%
Variation: Time after a new stroke and speed value is used.

The Stroke Generator will pick new random values between the min and max sliders every few seconds.

Automatic Strokes
This mode will control Handy live and you can change the sliders during play anytime. Press stop or close the window to stop Handy. The script settings do not apply here.

Script Generation
Creates a random script from your setting. You can add transitions between the patterns to smooth the script.

Script without transition (Duration 10 minutes; Variation each 60 seconds).
grafik

Script with 30% linear transition.
grafik

Script with 100% gaussian transition.
grafik

You can modify those scripts afterwards in the player as usual. (e.g., Invert the script and add speed to raise the difficulty over time)

Here is a modified example script for those who like top strokes.

Stroke Generator - 1456989.funscript (136.3 KB) 15min

Used settings:
grafik
Inverted, Speed 100, Stroke Jitter = 3, Sync Jitter = 5

3 Likes

Thank YOU @Lucifie !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:

For those curious about the utility of the stroker function, you can basically generate a custom script exactly to your liking, especially since this it is not sync’d. You can use this for solos in VR or just regular random stroking.

With this update, I am all set on the software side for now :grinning: Thanks again!

1 Like

:page_facing_up: This is a update for HandyControl V0.15.0

Speed Limitation

grafik

Limits the speed of Handy by reducing the stoke length. At a value of zero the modification is disabled. For values greater than zero it will limit the maximum speed by the given percentage. So, a value of 10 will limit the speed at 90%.
grafik 0
grafik 10
grafik 30
A script that is too fast for Handy will still play since Handy switches the direction before it can reach the next timestamp. The result is that strokes feel shorter and random stuttering can be noticed. Limiting the speed will help Handy to reach the target position without interruption. The reduced stoke range feels the same as without limitation but the stuttering is gone.
grafik 0
grafik 10
His modification has no impact on sync, so this is a good possibility to make CockHero scripts easier.

Device Limits

grafik
Device Limits should not be changed if your target device is Handy. These settings have an impact on most script related calculations and commands. Only edit the values if you use HandyControl to create or modify scripts for other devices.

Metadata in Log

If you load a script with metadata information you can see them in the log window (setting). Clicking on a link will open it in the browser.
grafik

grafik

Autostart script

This automatically starts the script after the upload process is finsihed.
grafik

Zoom Script

New button in left menu to show the full script in the preview.
grafik

4 Likes

Came here to sing praise for this software. Hands down the best software that have simply revolutionized how I use theHandy. If you are at all Handsfree with theHandy, this software is a must. My use case is mostly VR and non-sync using stroke generator, so I can attest that through experience :drooling_face:. If you are in this demographic, you dont know what you are missing :grinning: Goes without saying that it should be just as excellent for sync uses using MPC or DeoVR.

Very satisfied and grateful user here. Thank YOU @Lucifie :grinning: :pray:

1 Like

great software.

a feature request: some way to batch convert scripts with the given options.

what is your intention here? whats the input and output?

oh, sorry for not being more clear.

what I meant as an example:

to take in, say, a folders worth of original scripts from one destination and export, speed reduced scripts for each to another destination

The only way I can imagine is the command line. But this does not support any modifications and export features atm. This is probably time consuming and I am not planing to include this for now.

I usually load a script, modify it until I like it and then play it. I don’t save those scripts since there are only a few scripts that I play more than one time. I only keep those I like and save them untouched so I can edit them depending on my mood.

i understand. thanks for your consideration.

I can get Handy Control to work perfectly with DeoVR, but I can’t seem to get it to work at all with MPC-HC or -BE.

I’ve enabled the web interface, and I’ve even tried all sorts of port forwarding, disabling VPN, using a DMZ, etc and I can’t seem to get MPC-HC or -BE to respond to Handy Control. I’ve also launched handy control in administrator mode.

I load up the script and it launches MPC player and loads the video, but it will not respond at all to the play/pause or scrolling through the heatmap/timeline.

Also odd, I can’t seem to get scripts to work from localhost, only through handyfeeling.

Does anyone have any advice on where I might be able to start troubleshooting these issues? The one I’m most concerned about is MPC player, though.

08:06:56.617 - getServerTime - 02/15/2021 14:06:56 - Initial Offset: 227 - Average Offset: -114
08:06:56.977 - Script Upload - File is uploaded and ready for Handy to download, Filename: 86719, Size: 14258, URL: https://www.handyfeeling.com/api/sync/temp/86719.csv, Orginalfile: 86719.csv
08:06:56.987 - Downloading the script to Handy…
08:07:02.329 - Script Prepare - Script downloaded successfully
08:07:25.800 - Script Play - 00:00:00
08:07:26.047 - Adjust Timestamp - -6ms
08:07:27.506 - Error in : VB$StateMachine_30_SendCommandToWebInterface.MoveNext - An error occurred while sending the request.
08:07:27.509 - Make sure you have enabled the ‘Webinterface’ setting in Media Player Classic with the default port 13579.
08:07:27.524 - Error in : VB$StateMachine_30_SendCommandToWebInterface.MoveNext - An error occurred while sending the request.
08:07:27.552 - Make sure you have enabled the ‘Webinterface’ setting in Media Player Classic with the default port 13579.
08:07:28.987 - Script Play - 00:01:55
08:07:29.274 - Adjust Timestamp - 0ms
08:07:30.665 - Error in : VB$StateMachine_30_SendCommandToWebInterface.MoveNext - An error occurred while sending the request.
08:07:30.667 - Make sure you have enabled the ‘Webinterface’ setting in Media Player Classic with the default port 13579.
08:07:30.680 - Error in : VB$StateMachine_30_SendCommandToWebInterface.MoveNext - An error occurred while sending the request.
08:07:30.682 - Make sure you have enabled the ‘Webinterface’ setting in Media Player Classic with the default port 13579.

If HandyControl uploads the script it will use command line to open MPC and the video. Later all commands are sent by the web interface.

Start MPC with any video and pause it. Then click this command. It will resume/continue the video.

It that is not working then it’s not HandyControl. Maybe your IP/port is the problem.
I always use the localhost with the default port to send data to the web interface.

The script host fails mostly because of network blocks.

Edit: Actually, nevermind. That response helped. It made me look at Windows firewall, which must’ve been reactivated after a update or something. I let MPC through the firewall and it works now.

Thank you for the help.

It’s hard coded atm. You need to change it?

I thought I might have to change ports around, or at least to experiment. Turns out it was just windows being windows and changing settings without my input.

It works fine now, thank you.

1 Like

Nice work. I’d pay $$$ for a OSR2 version of this software.