HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

I guess I helped then sort of lol?

Yes all functions of mpc-hc work including the web interface but as you mentioned in your edits the standalone does not install registry the registry keys or perhaps variable paths or something.

I installed the k-lite pack and your application works perfectly now. Perhaps put that in the instructions or address it in the instructions on your new release.

Thank you for helping me get this working. 1 million times better than using the website control. Great software. Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Great application, I am sure :slight_smile: I have tried to get it to work for a few hours now, but it seems the program cannot find my device: API error: No machine connected.
My device is in wifi enabled mode. I am sure that I am missing a step, but I dee no manual on how to have it connected. Any help available maybe?

1 Like

Does you device connect to www.handyfeeling.com?

1 Like

Tried it again, found one mistake: I have to press only short the wifi and it connects to www.handfeeling.com. Now also loads the movie and script and uploads the script. All good now. I was just putting the device in wifi search by pressing too long on the button.

1 Like

Ah, yes. Single for connect and hold for setup.

The Handy desperately need better instructions. I’ve heard they’re improving the initial setup with a future firmware update.

1 Like

I just have uploaded a new version of HandyControl. See the complete change notes in the first post.

Regarding the video sync I have not much experience but it looks like the value is negative most of the time. If you upload a script, the log shows an average offset time. This time seems to be close to the real offset. Try to use this value if you need to adjust the sync. I need to test more…

I have added new functionality to allow Mixed Mode which I real like :blush:
You can find the instruction also in the first post.

You can use jitter to add a little variation to scripts that only have up/down strokes (e.g. CockHero). A value of 5-10% should be enough.

The offset values can be used to scale the script position from 0 to 100 on both borders. You can even invert the whole script. Since Handy only can set the upper stroke limit this is an easy way to move the action to the desired range.

Original
Modified
Bottom Offset

I have moved my autogeneated scripts to a separate .zip file that can be found in the same Mega folder as the application.

Thats all for now. If you have new ideas or requests please let me know…

1 Like

Hey there,

I´m having problems with the HandyControl application. I can drag & drop the script into HandyControl just fine, it uploads it and as soon as i press play in the HandyControl overlay it will open up MPC-HC player. But then MPC-HC gives me an error saying:"An error occurred while sending the request.

At first I thought it might be because of the wrong version as there were some problems with that earlier. I waited for the release where u can choose the path of MPC-HC.exe but unfortunately that didn´t change anything.
I altough tried to run HandyControl as an admin but that won´t let me drag&drop scripts into HandyControl.

Anyone got a clue what I´m doing wrong or what might be fucked up?

2 Likes

Can you make it save Key?

1 Like

It does save the connection key. It also plays the script just fine on the handy. It just won´t play the script and the video on the same time.

1 Like

MPC does not send data to HandyControl. MPC should open during script upload before you press play. If you close MPC when a script plays, it will open again if you press play again. Try to load the video manually and then press play. Does that work?

Solution for Drag & Drop

Basically, you cannot drag from a lower privilege process into one running as an admin for security reasons. The only work around is to disable UAC or prevent UAC prompting for credentials if the user account is in the administrators group, thereby forcing everything an admin user runs to launch with admin level priv’s.

What do you mean?

1 Like

Blockquote
MPC does not send data to HandyControl. MPC should open during script upload before you press play. If you close MPC when a script plays, it will open again if you press play again. Try to load the video manually and then press play. Does that work?

Yeah you´re right. MPC opens up while uploading. When i then try to press play it will give me this error, the script starts playing and the video won´t. If I close MPC while playing the script it won´t open up after pressing play again. If i try to open the video manually in the MPC window that opens up while uploading it will just play the video without being synced with HC and will give me that same error message once in a while while playing the video.

1 Like

The secret code for you handy. Once typed in, have it saved for next time

1 Like

I have just disabled the webinterface in MPC and now I get the same error.
So please check if this setting :gear: is enabled.

2 Likes

Keep getting “API Error. Unexpected server response” after “Downloading the script…” initiates.

1 Like

I love the included scripts. I sometimes like to have a script playing without a particular vid and these are really great. I’d love to see more if you have them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You get this error if the server response is not as expected for this command. Did it fix itself or do you still get this error? Have you set a different API server? I will add more error information for this in the next release.

I have some more :blush: Will post them later…
I also thought about including them in a separate file so you can just play them from the context menu.

1 Like

FFS, that was the problem. I´m feeling kinda stupid right now.

Thank u very much for ur help and for the amazing program!

1 Like

Ended up fixing itself after a restart. Program works great so far. Thanks!

1 Like

:page_facing_up: This is a new update for HandyControl V0.6.0
The three main features are:

You can now access all scripts of the [Script Folder] from the menu. There is also a new setting called [Heatmap Previews] which analyses the scripts and shows a Heatmap preview. The script tooltip also shows some basic information of the script (Playtime, BPS, BPM, INT). Scripts that have a matching video have a different icon. I have implemented this to enhance the recognizability and for faster selection.
Preview
You can find the Lucifie scripts in the same Mega folder.

Add random jitter to the timestamps to get a little variation in scripts with beats (e.g. CockHero). Use it for scripts where perfect sync is not required. Slow script need higher values than fast scripts. Just try it out and find the best setting for you :slightly_smiling_face:
grafik Untouched
grafik Jitter 30%

Both stroke offset modifications now supports negative values. This gives you more flexibility on how to change a script. Use it to scale a script upwards or to extend the range.
Wobblewave Untouched
Wobblewave Top Stroke Offset -100%
Afterburner Untouched
Afterburner Bottom Stroke Offset -100%
1 Untouched Stroke Range (10-90%)
2 Extended to Full Range (0-100%)
Images created with a new export function.

7 Likes

@Mument2000

I have just received the Xbox One wireless controller and it worked without problems.
But i noticed a bug when the controller disconnects. HandyControl does not allow you to reconnect until you restart the app. I will fix that in the next version. I hope it’s working for you now :slight_smile:

I will not keep that new controller as it seems to have problems with the batteries. It only worked once and now it does not turn on at all. I can only keep the wireless controller alive on a USB Cable :rofl: