HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

Ok great I got this message URL reservation successfully added and in the HandyControl window I get this “HandyControl Script Host: Registration entry already exists”

1 Like

It’s ALIVE!

Seems like everything is working now. Thanks for the help. BTW including a pdf manual was a great idea. I don’t know if it was in there before and I just didn’t notice, but it made all the difference trying to use this software. I previously downloaded it more than once, but I was too overwhelmed. So vielen Dank!

1 Like

My guess is that we will not lower security to support old OS. I think Microsoft still does free upgrades to windows 10.

Welp. Turns out I had that setting off anyway, and the video still starts immediately after upload.
Picking time points in DeoVR does not sync with the HandyControl.
Picking points in HandyControl’s heatmap does sync the clip in DeoVR.
Loops and repeats in DeoVR do not sync with HandyControl.

Whether you want them to or not! I just had my hawg bricked by a sneaky Windows update. Took me hours to fix.

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.0.1
The changes maily focus on video player controls and new gamepad commands.
I have also added a new Getting Started section in the PDF documentation that explains how to setup the app and play 2D/3D scripts.

New Feature, Changes, Bugfix

Media Player Classic can now be directly used to control the script playback.

• This means that you can just use the player itself to play/pause or seek a different position in the video.
  • HandyControl will detect this changes and sync the script.

Media Player Classic & DeoVR now support playback rate changes.

• This will help to slow down scripts that are too fast.
  • It only works when set in HandyControl.

Setting for DeoVR to auto load scripts if the video changes.

• HandyControl will search a script in the Script Folder structure that have the same name.
  • This was a request and realy helps if you wear a HMD.

Pressing left thumbstick on the gamepad toggles the video player connection state.
Gamepad rumble feedback when DeoVR connects.

• This is sometimes necessary if the connection of DeoVR lags (Pause/Play take 1-2 sec to react).

Pressing right thumbstick and dpad up resets sync offset to its default value (setting).
Pressing right thumbstick and dpad down resets sync offset to 0.

• Use this if you dont know where the sync is so you get back to a known value.

Long press dpad up/down moves the slider to top/bottom position.

• This was a request and helps during setup or if you want to stop the action.

Handy not connected message now automatically retries to send the command after 10 seconds.

Black lines in overlay heatmaps are now colored and the grid is shown correctly.

6 Likes

My god you did it! This was my request. It is something very simple and trivial it might seem, but it is such a huge help if you have a handsfree set up! The Handy homes to the lowest position and just creates a some inconvenience when you are getting started. WHERE IS THAT DAMN TIP JAR???

Thank you so much for all the other features, including the ability to slow down a script using the player itself. Wow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray: :+1:

1 Like

Hey there, some really nice additions in 1.0.1 but had to revert back to 1.0.0 since all my scripts were immediately stopping after I’d start them for some reason. Anyone else getting this issue?

See connection settings
grafik

I have the same issue as RTNewbie2020
Uploading script as usual, start it - and it stops in about a half of a second after start
Checkbox “Start after upload” does not help: it just autostart a script, but script still stops right after starting

I need more info to help. Which player are you using. If VR? Remote or local?
Do you use a gamepad?

Hello!

Sorry for busting into a conversation.

I have a question and suggestion regarding the heatmaps. When I am scripting in OFS, I am always making myself bookmarks to separate the video into the different parts.

Like this:

And I was thinking if it would be cool to have the different sections marked into the heatmap as well.

Like this: (very poorly made with paint, sorry)
Unbenannt1

It would show the different sections and how intense they are.

I think it might be neat little feature to have. But I would like to hear your opinion and what you think about that and if that’s something you would consider useful or not. And of course, if you think it’s a good idea, if it’s possible to implement into HandyControl.

I thought it could be in the options, where you would be able to type in a time stamp and then label the different sections with a name.

I am bad at explaining I feel like, so here is another poorly ms paint picture:

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

I can see a bookmark tag in your last script so the data is already there. I think thats easier as to type in those values again. If you add better names then this could be a solution. The font and size might be fixed so the heatmap does not look too different from each user. I need to test this and see how it looks.

So in the end you could also use this to make a big bookmark from start to end and write some description inside.

grafik

grafik

@gagax123 Is this the way it works?
Type 1 is the start and type 2 the end?

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

This wouldn’t be much of a problem. I always just use the short forms for my bookmarks. But I could write it out like I did in the screenshot above.

Thank you. I am looking forward to it to see how it looks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can imagine that this could also be displayed in the app so you can use it for navigation. A button to jump to the next bookmark… :upside_down_face:

Maybe you can send me a few examples so I have something to test.

2 Likes

Sure!
These the last three scripts I did. I named all the bookmarks properly.

Litt1eAnge1 - My StepSister came to Fuck me in the Morning.funscript (70.0 KB)

Litt1eAnge1 - Hi will I Sit Down the Girl was Fucked Hard after these Words.funscript (79.9 KB)

Litt1eAnge1- Ass Fuck while our Roommates Suspect Nothing. Anal Creampie.funscript (60.6 KB)

Let me know, if you need more.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of other software depending on my internally used settings (for hopefully obvious reasons).
They shouldn’t become an extension of the “.funscript” format.
I prefer when people use the “File”->“Share” functionality to strip them from the funscript entirely before sharing.
Also to further enforce this my internal settings may become unreadable in the future, if I decide to have my own OFS specific project format, people would be forced to export that to funscript (without the settings).

Note: I wouldn’t make my own format to prevent reading of the settings. It’s something I had on my mind in general to further improve performance. Pretty sure I could achieve sub 1ms save time with a binary format. Where as right now with json it’s like atleast 5ms on the mainthread and than like atleast 15ms asynchronous on another thread to actually generate json and write to disk which can still lag the UI slightly. :sweat:

But yes “type” is an enum 0 is a regular bookmark and 1 is start and 2 is end.
You can also just parse the names that’s what I do when I load the file back into OFS.

Example:
[ “tag1”, “tag2”, “tag2_end” ] ← So “tag1” = regular bookmark, “tag2” = start, “tag2_end” = end.
Right now bookmark ranges can not be nested.

2 Likes

@gagax123 So, we could just define a new bookmark tag in the script like metadata that can be used by all apps. I think that could add some extra value to the scripts if you already create them in the editor. Adding them again seems cumbersome to me and I dont think that people will do this except @Slibowitz :roll_eyes:

I like the idea of bookmarks so they should be included in the script. Yes, I could create my own JSON section to save them but I prefer a generic solution so also other apps can use them.

3 Likes

I am using MPC-HC x64, local, no gamepad
Steps to reproduce:
Got 2 files - video and funscript, same filenames
In HandyControl open script from script folder
Upload to the Handy (MPC-HC auto-open at this step)
After successful uploading I press the play button in HandyControl - playback starts and immediately stops
The same behavior with selected “Start script” checkbox
With version 1.0.0 it works OK

1 Like

Try this one meanwhile. Have not tested 1.0.1 with Home Cinema

I can reproduce your error if I use MPC-HC :grimacing:
MPC-BE works fine!