HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

Yeah, I was thinking to add the bookmarks in the funscript. We have some ideas on a V2 funscript format. You should chat with handy_Lars on our discord channel. Or maybe we should just setup a discussion and maybe create a new format? Invite all the interactive commercial entities and the community to give input.

1 Like

Bug report.

Even with trigger buttons check box unticked in the gamepad settings, the triggers will still produce movement. This is important in VR when you want to reduce the chance of unwanted movement, for obvious reasons.

A quick workaround - electric tape to the trigger buttons :smiley:

Thank You.

1 Like

Seems I forgot this when I did the mapping :innocent:

1 Like

feature request:

a user specified default value on script load for ‘speed limitation’.

2 Likes

Will be included in the next version. The field now keeps its value if a script loads or the app is closed.

1 Like

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.1.2
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Chapter settings ‘Next Bookmark’ and ‘Chapter Weight’ to create custom play cycles.

• LoopMode ‘Next Bookmark’ automatically jumps to the next bookmark of the current chapter.
    • Weight influences the bookmark randomiser for bookmarks that are used multiple times.
    • grafik
  • LoopMode ‘Play Once’ to pause the script after a selection or chapter was played.

• grafik
  • Script Sequencer now includes automatic chapter creation.

• Chapter names derived from pattern names.
    • New column ‘Bookmark’, ‘Next Bookmark’ & ‘Weight’.
  • Gamepad mapping features

• grafik

• Switchable between a primary and secondary mapping (mappable).

• Mapping can now be imported and exported.

• New or missing commands are now added to the mapping table.

:cyclone: Changes

• Script Sequencer can now create breaks at the start of a pattern.
  • Commandline \repeat changed to \loopMode with values.
  • Triggers dont create subtitle messages anymore.
  • Mapping table dropdowns now open on first click.
  • Markers are set if a chapter gets selected.
  • Speed Limit keeps its setting (request by @comrade420).
  • Icons for LoopModes.

:bug: Bug Fixes

• Prevent script restart when clicking on chapter bar when no chapter exists.
  • Chapter Editor not saving values on first edit of a new chapter.
  • Gamepad trigger checkbox not working anymore (reported by @Jupiter).
  • Error while drawing very small chapters.
8 Likes

Thank you for another great update.

On another note, Im having trouble connecting my Xbox controller to HandyControl. It’s recognized in windows but it doesnt seem to want to connect through HandyControl. What could be the problem?

Cheers

@handyman69 Try connecting to Windows as a bluetooth controller (through bluetooth set up menu), not as a gamepad, if that makes sense.

Thanks for another update @Lucifie . As usual I download and test every new version as I use this software quite a bit. For this version however, the gamepad mappings do not to seem to hold after you close out the app and reopen. Some of them revert back to their defaults.

For example, remapping preset 1 to another button resets back to default after reopening the app.

There could be something I am doing wrong, as after a number of tries, I still cannot locate the menu below :stuck_out_tongue:

Right click in the mapping table after you made a change to one of the settings. Save as something to store it. You will get a note in the log. If you just change the mapping without saving it then its lost if you close the app.

1 Like

Told you. I knew I was doing something wrong :smiley:

Awesome piece of kit this is.

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue as @handyman69 but trying to set up a wired gamepad so bluetooth is not really an option. Any other ideas?

Only xbox controllers are supported for now.

Hi,

I’m searching from one hour ago but i don’t find why i’m looking for.

Handy v3
Connection with Handy 1.1.2 OK (get statut, version, setting) apiV1
Local Host with manual setup command in administrator OK

But …

after “downloading script to handy… …”

script prepare error succes false

I tried to chek my firewall but all permission are enables

Have you an idea?

local hosting works with script player

I have seen this quite often in FW3 beta and its probably not yet fixed. Sweettech told that API v1 uses some adapter to support FW3 and that the server needs some time to know which you are using.

I got it working if you restart Handy a few times but it can happen again later during play.

My advise: Use FW2.13

@Lucifie @Jupiter I have a Xbox Razer Wolverine Tournament ed. controller. Its usb-a and not bluetooth. It pops up as a device in windows under the right name. Though I can’t find it in HandyControl. Should this work?

@WisQi @handyman69 I am only able to speak for Xbox one controller. Even with this controller, I had some intermittent issues (if I recall correctly) when paired it as a gamepad. It would show up as connected in windows as a gamepad but disconnected on HC.

A wired connection always worked however, so not sure why @handyman69 USB connection is not working.

I havent had any issues once I paired it as a bluetooth controller (as you would a bt keyboard or a mouse).

I had some trouble with the xbox series x wireless at the beginning so I only used it with a cable. But after some time it just worked with bluetooth. Maybe it was a driver update since the new gamepad had some problems at the start of release.

I have only tested the normal controllers: Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Series X/S
Dunno how and if my library supports your controller since it looks like it has more buttons.

This feels like a dumb question, but I can’t seem to find a definite answer anywhere…

Is there a way to get jump to a point in the script, and have the video follow (or vide versa)?

When loading a matching script and video, both load together into HC and MPC. And they can both start to Play at the same time, but if I click ahead on either, the other doesnt notice.

I’d like to have them jump together (similar to handyfeeling)
Am I doing anything wrong? (probably)

Really great application though!

Are you using MPC-BE and you have enabled the web interface? Which version of HandyControl?