HandyControl 1.2.3 (28.11.2021) - Added Support for Pyro (Remote Control)

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.2.2
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Added a new setting to change the API v1 server adress to allow local API servers (100% offline)

See https://github.com/wnksy/HandyServer for setup information.
You also need to enable the Local Script Host in HandyControl.

wnksy has tested his server with HandyControl. On my side I am not able to change the DNS settings in my router so I can’t make use of this feature or provide any support for his application.

5 Likes

When I try to test the connection to the handy using the button in connection settings, I get an error

• Script Prepare - Exception - An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

Im on windows 10, I’ve opened up port 80, I’ve registered the host thing and can access it on different devices. I’ve check the provided documentation for the error but cant find anything. My handy is fw 3.2# and Im using software ver 1.2.2. Anyone else have the same problem?

This will NOT work with FW3.xx. Has only been tested with FW 2.13. This is in the release notes on Github.

1 Like

A thousand thanks to the dev for your work on this little gem!

Since 1.2.2 I’ve been migrating over to HandyControl from ScriptPlayer
to take advantage of offline wifi. Took a few hours of hacking around with various bits of old hardware I had collecting dust around the place but I got there in the end.

Of course, new user implies feature request: I don’t have a gamepad so can’t skip around the video in VR. Could you please add command-line parameters to skip short/long backwards/forwards so it can be done e.g. via voice. Or even better, backwards/forwards a specifiable number of seconds ? That would be a big improvement over ScriptPlayer, which only has useless 5 second jumps.

Thanks again!

Edit: oops, one more: an option to start the Local Script Server when HandyControl starts would be useful, keep forgetting…

1 Like

Tip for HandyControl / DeoVR / Index headset: create a global window showing HandyControl on the desktop, just out of view. Then while watching a video you have access to most of the HandyControl functions by turning head and pressing the system button on the headset once to activate the pointer, again to click on the HandyControl window, and again to go back to the video when finished. Can very quickly e.g. select a new video or place in heatmap like that without needing any kind of controller.

1 Like

This is a new release for HandyControl - V1.2.3
Read the pdf documentation inside the download more detailed overview of HandyControl.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: New Features

• Added support for mobile sensor ‘Pyro (Raspberry Pi)’
    Read details on this page
  • New command line parameters /forward /backward for dynamic script navigation
  • New setting to start the HandyControl Script Host on startup
1 Like

Very (very) much appreciated! Will give it a try soon.

Edit: both work perfectly!

1 Like

Hi, many thanks for this great Software! Not sure if anyone asked already or/and i just missed it, but is it possible to create a Playlist in Handy Control?

1 Like

Not directly. But you can create a folder with scripts, load the first one and then use the shortcuts to jump to the next one in this folder.

grafik

2 Likes

Are there issues with HC and Windows 11? I installed the latest version of HC and went through some of the settings. The button to set associations said I needed to restart with admin access. When I did this it took HC 2 or 3 minutes to start. I set a couple more options and when I tried to restart HC it wouldn’t display the GUI. I can see it running in Task Manager. It will show CPU and disk activity for a few minutes after I start the app then drop down to 0% and the GUI no longer displays. Has this happened to anyone else and if so did you find a way to fix it?

issue im having using FW3.

script works fine using the ip address server host. but if you do ANYTHING , whether its controller input, pause the handy directly, it will not sync back up.

Runs fine on Windows 11. Probably your script folder is too big. There are settings regarding the script preview. Set a limit or disable the feature.

Thanks, I’ll try that IF I can ever get back into the app. What I did notice, as I mentioned earlier, is that after starting the app I can see it in task mangler but no GUI displays AND I noticed that when I ALT-TAB through my running apps it shows up there but when I try switching to it nothing happens. I will dig into it more later this weekend.

Does the PS4 controller work for HandyControl? I connected it to my PC via USB but in the app it is showing gamepad is disconnected.

If PS4 controller doesn’t work, is it possible to use map mouse buttons/scroll wheel to control speed and stroke?

The only thing I could do to get back into the app was to move all files out of the folder. I went into settings and disabled previews completely then closed the app and moved files back to the original folder. When I do this the app still starts but never brings up the GUI, I can only see it in task manager. Is there another setting I am missing? Do you know what the folder size and/or file count is the limit? I have a fair amount in there but I have seen other conversations where others have much more than I do. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Hello how do I connect the deovr to the handy control program?

The issue is the script files inside a single folder. You can move HandyControl to a different folder because this will create a new default setting. Then make a separate script folder that only contains a few scripts. The huge list is probably still in the old settings memory and is loaded up every time with the app.

Only XBox controllers are tested. I don’t have any others. The used API is for xbox controllers.
Keyboard mapping is not available. But if you set focus on the speed control you can use the arrow keys.
You can also use command line to map speed and stroke with a third party app or even use your voice. There is a profile for VoiceAttack in the Mega folder.

See the download folder for the documentation.

Install ds4windows - it emulates a xbox controller and is the best way to use a ps4 controller on pc: Redirecting to https://docs.ds4windows.app/

Can I use this with pot player?

I don’t understand how you use this with MPC player. I tried. What’s the benefit of using this over scriptplayer that has handy support?