Has anyone explored the possibilty for controlling TheHandy like the Edge-O-Matic 3000?

For those who don’t know, there is this open source (also a sex toy) software called Edge-o-matic 3000 which aims to sense how close you are based on a pressure sensor and an inflatable butt plug.

How easy would it be to interface that software with controlling TheHandy? Is there any work done in this area?

Although I am pretty familiar with embedded systems and coding in general :stuck_out_tongue: I would love any tips on approaching this problem because I am unsure how we can instruct TheHandy with live commands…

If live commands are not possible then perhaps by loading alternate scripts depending on how close to the edge you are?

4 Likes

I have not tried this myself, but your post reminded me of this script on reddit which used a brain wave sensing headband with the Handy for the same purpose. It’s a bit primitive but might have some pieces you can re-use, plus the pro tip of using ChatGPT to help with some of the coding.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theHandy/comments/11v9ol9/ultimate_edging_device_the_handy_and_muse/

Also in case you haven’t seen it, here is a link to the Handy API documentation which will likely be the best way to send commands to the handy (this is also used in the sample script from reddit):

2 Likes