Help with VR OSR2 setup

You have found a solution. My OSR is up down inverted too ?

Left/Right Servo control wires are flipped on the romeo?

I have to open to check ?

It look like that not sure you could see what you said

First, that is a nice clean look, is that moasaic’s? Bravo!

Second, I can’t tell, but its any easy thing to test (and you won’t hurt anything by doing it). Each servo has an orange wire. This is the control wire. Trace each orange wire from the servo to where the connect on the board and swap them at that point. It looks like there may be other orange wires, but for now just deal with the two that run directly into the servos. No need to mess with the red (power) or brown (ground). Once you swap it should invert, but you may have to readjust the arms after. (also a simple process done in arduino).

Actually nothing is moving. I guess it come from the powersupply but it’s a 6V 5A so it’s should work

hmmmm, well hopefully the builder can step in. I dont want to suggest any further troubleshooting without knowing everything about the rig.

Good luck!

That is a ESP32 board - so a lot of the Romeo board advice will not work. You’ll really need to follow up with the builder for next steps, as flashing the ESP32 board is a bit more complicated.

Additionally, one of the servos that came with my OSR2+ was burned out at delivery and the other one died shortly after. Not a knock on some of these builders, but they really need to advertise these as kits, and not as final products ready to go out of the box. Once I spent some time and learned the unit, swapped servos, and cleaned up wiring, I’m much more happy with it. Could have built it from a kit and achieved the same result though. Easier to learn from the ground up rather than by troubleshooting someone else’s work.

1 Like

You built the OSR by yourself or bought from the website?These DS3218MG servos are easy to burn. If this came from the website I think I should build it myself…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.