Heresphere no longer recognizing new videos added to XBVR source directory

I have been happily using XBVR and Heresphere for about a month now. Not sure if relevant to the issue I’m about to describe, but about a week ago, XBVR stopped running at the server IP link that it used to without issues. Ever since then, I’ve had some issues getting Heresphere to recognize changes to the contents of the source folder XBVR points to, but I’ve always managed to get it to refresh in the end.

Today, however, I added a couple of new videos, and Heresphere just would not recognize them. I double-checked I was navigating to the proper IP in the media sources folder, refreshed, restarted XBVR, restarted Heresphere, and restarted my Oculus, all to no avail.

Using the Heresphere browser, I navigated to the IP:port and did see the videos there. I clicked on one and received the following error: “The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.”

I’d come across that before, always when a video hasn’t completed downloading. Common error. However, these videos were done downloading. Suspecting they might be corrupted, I tested running the videos in the XBVR UI on my machine, skipping around them to make sure they were only partially uncorrupted, and they ran just fine.

Not really sure what to do at this point. Heresphere is still running the other videos it’s recognized prior to today.

Anyone got any thoughts?

hmm in the xbvr web ui, are the scenes by any chance already watched?
I recently updated XBVR and i totally didn’t realize that videos that I’ve watched would be marked as watched and wouldn’t show up in heresphere anymore sometimes.

It might also be worth it to move the videos to another folder, set the scan folder to that folder and rescan it?

Unfortunately, I’d never watched the videos before. I did try moving them to a new folder and rescanning, as you suggested, but that didn’t help either. That was a good idea, though, and it got me thinking…I’m feeling like it’s got something to do with the interface between XBVR and Heresphere, because it happened with a handful of newly added videos all at once.

1 Like