HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

That would be great, thanks.

1 Like

HereSphere update v0.9.1 for Quest2 is now available. This update has some quality of life improvements and bug fixes. A free demo is available on itch.io.

Quality of life improvement:

• When using the HereSphere web API, the fallback script directory for synchronized peripherals will be searched before using the script provided by the web API. This allows the user to force the player to use an alternate script than the one provided by the website.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed subtitles not loading properly when the projection mode is changed on opening a new video.
  • Fixed issue with manually selecting a different script with the web API.
  • Fixed issue with the Handy script playback speed not getting changed if a file has been previously opened.
  • Fixed issue with thumbnails disappearing when scrolling in the media library or playlists.
  • Possible fix for Onyx+ bluetooth connection issue?
4 Likes

Greetings @HereSphere Any chance there is an update to enable DLNA, I have been waiting to purchase for this feature. Thank you.

Handy support no longer in the demo version? the settings for the handy have vanished from user settings?

Near the upper left corner of the seekbar, press the icon that looks like a play button with radio waves to access the handy settings.

1 Like

I’m still working on adding DLNA. It’ll probably be included in the next update.

1 Like

Does Heresphere also works out of the box with a handy on an old oculus rift? If so, what’s the best way to buy it for oculus?

Regards

There’s a PC version of the app available on Steam. You can try out the free demo. Look for the link on the right side of the Steam store page.

1 Like

In Whirligig I like to switch between different szenes like beach or cinema. Ist this also possible in HereSphere and if not do you have plans to support such a feature? Thanks in advance!

3D scenes are on the to-do list, though I won’t be able to get around to working on it for a while.

Has anyone been able to get Spotify to work in the web browser lately? Just a few days before the last update, the browser started showing just a blank black screen when going to the Spotify web player. I’ve got the desktop version for websites selected. Otherwise, it’s a page asking me to download the Android app which I think it has always done previously. I know this is most likely something that Spotify has done on their end, but I wanted to ask in case someone has a workaround.

Go to your Quest software update menu and see if there’s an update available. Updating from v50 to v51 seems to have fixed the spotify black screen issue for me. I’d recommend updating HereSphere to v0.9.2 as well, which was just released today, since that fixes some issues caused by the v51 update.

1 Like

HereSphere update v0.9.2 for the Quest 2 and Quest Pro is now available on itch.io. This update fixes refresh rate issues caused by the new Android OS update, slightly improves playback smoothness, and adds a peripherals movement range toggle.

Refresh Rate:

• Fixed issue with heavy screen flickering at 60hz refresh rate caused by the Quest Android 12 OS update (v51 and newer)
  • Supported refresh rates are now properly discovered for the device. Quest 2 supports 60Hz, 72Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, and 120Hz. Quest Pro supports 72Hz, 80Hz, and 90Hz.
  • Slightly improved the frame pacing, which helps with smoother video playback. The sweet spot for the resolution setting for getting smooth playback is a bit larger. On a side note, if you set the refresh rate to 120Hz, and then really crank up the resolution so the frame rate drops to a consistent 60fps, you can actually get pretty smooth video playback. For example, if sharpening is enabled, and the autofocus accuracy is 4, try setting the resolution to 1.8. When the menu is hidden, the fps should hover around 60. You can also try cranking up the autofocus accuracy to 16, and then setting the resolution to around 1.7.

Other Changes:

• Added a toggle in the synchronized peripherals menu to control whether HereSphere is able to adjust the device’s movement range. If you prefer to use the buttons on the device itself to control the movement range, then you should keep this toggle disabled. If you want to use HereSphere’s range controls, then you should enable this toggle.
  • Reverted the default sharpening setting to 0. Previous updates had accidentally set this to 2. As a reminder, you can set your own default sharpening setting by clicking on the button labeled “Image” in the video settings, and then saving over the first preset in the drop down menu.
3 Likes

That worked! Thanks!

HereSphere update v0.9.3 for the Quest 2 and Quest Pro is now available on itch.io. This update improves the playback event server, adds some quality of life improvements, and fixes some bugs.

Event Server:

• The synchronized peripherals time offset is now applied to the playback event server, so the time reported to the event server is now offset by that value. The minimum reported playback time is 0, so if the time offset is negative and the video opens at time 0, you’ll need to toggle play/pause or seek after the video starts for the time offset to properly be applied.
  • Time offsets can be favorited by clicking on the star icon next to the time offset input box. You can also cycle through these favorited time offets by using the “Next Peripherals Time Offset” and “Previous Peripherals Time Offset” keybindings.
  • When using the Handy with the playback event server (where scripts are controlled by a third party instead of HereSphere), the synchronized peripherals play/pause toggle and range settings will still work. Manual oscillation or manual pattern mode will also work. When disabling those manual modes, a video open message will be sent to the event server to force it to load the script again. It may take several seconds for the script to resume (toggle pause/play if the script doesn’t resume after several seconds).

Quality of life improvements:

• The first and second tag tracks are now shown above the seekbar if there are multiple tags in that track or if the tag doesn’t start at time 0. As a reminder, you can scroll each track horizontally by using the scroll keybindings (default is thumbstick up/down).
  • Added a “Use File Modification Date” toggle to the user settings. When this toggle is enabled, the file explorer will use the file modification time instead of the file creation time as the date. This can be useful if you want to sort files by when they were modified instead of created (like when you copy/paste a file, the creation time changes but the modification time remains the same).
  • For local files, the video’s release date is now set to the file modification time instead of the date the video was added to the media library. To update the dates of videos that have already been added to the media library, you will need to remove the video from the media library and then open the video again.
  • When searching the fallback script directory, invalid characters are only removed from streamed video titles. The titles for videos played locally or with SMB are left in their original state.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed issue with origin adjustments (zoom) not working properly when “force mono” is enabled.
  • Fixed issue with script playback for bluetooth devices occasionally not working properly when first opening a video
  • Fixed issue with cursor sometimes disappearing when interacting with the synchronized peripherals menu
  • Fixed issue with keyframes menu overflowing when there are too many entries
  • Fixed the HereSphere app icon so it uses the HereSphere logo instead of the Unreal Engine logo.
7 Likes

Hello,
What is the unit of the time offset?
Thanks

The time offset is in milliseconds. You can use the grip button when hovered over UI elements to show a tooltip.

1 Like

DLNA next?

2 Likes

Hi, I am trying to use heresphere with MultiFunPlayer.

I have my videos/funscripts managed by xbvr. They are named :
MarfaQ 120bpm SLR_StasyQVR_Giving the Neighbors a Show_2900p_35274_MKX200.mp4
MarfaQ 120bpm SLR_StasyQVR_Giving the Neighbors a Show_2900p_35274_MKX200.funscript

Playing the video using heresphere, with OSR2+, and using MFP, MFP sees the name as
19331 - Giving the Neighbors a Show.funscript ??

Is it heresphere or xbvr changing my filename such that MFP can’t match it, and how can I resolve this.

Edit after original post:

Ok, xbvr is changing the names of videos/scripts, and that is why heresphere sees that name.

Solution: In xbvr, options → funscripts → download all funscripts will dump out a zip file with all funscripts named the way that xbvr has internally named them, and that heresphere sees their names as. Just put all the scripts exported out into a directory somewhere and point MFP to it. This works well, although just one more non-automated task to do.

1 Like

Greetings,

Any update on DLNA support? Thank you.