HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

I think Meta broke the webview web browser performance for bluetooth headphones. There’s not much I can do on my end, because HereSphere just uses whatever webview version is installed with the operating system.

I am running HereSphere (demo for now) directly on my Quest 2 (not using Steam). I am also using XBVR to serve the videos and funscripts. My Handy is able to connect over WiFi with HereSphere and play a video with a funscript. However, my Keon will connect with HereSphere through Bluetooth and the video will play, but the Keon does not respond to the script. I am using the same video and funscript for both the Handy and Keon. When the Keon first connects to HereSphere it does one short move and the blue lights stop flashing. When I begin playing the video (with funscript) the Keon does one very short and quick movement and then stops, and does not move anymore. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Can you test another script, and maybe play the file locally instead of with xbvr? Just for troubleshooting.

Thank you for the fast response. I followed your suggestion, and copied the video and funscript files to the Quest 2. I put them in the same folder and named them the same. I also put a copy of the funscript in a folder called “Interactive”. However, the script still would not play. I also tried a different video and funscript, and that one did not work either.

Hello, I have the steam version of heresphere and was wondering if the OSR2 and SR6 are supported by it. I’m sorry if this has already been answered in the thread somewhere.

If you want to use the OSR2 or SR6 with HereSphere, you can use the timestamp server with multifunplayer. Follow these instructions: How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

I’ll add native support for OSR2/SR6 in the future.

Tested with my Quest 2 and Keon, and it works for me. Not sure what’s causing your issue. Are you on the latest version of HereSphere (v0.10.1)? Have you tried restarting your Quest 2 and Keon?

Yes. Just double checked, HereSphere v0.10.1.
I also restarted both devices. Still have the same problem.
I’ll also add that the “Peripherals” icon turns purple. I can’t tell if it is “purple” or “dark purple” though.

OK, there is not an issue with HereSphere, or the Keon, or how I am configuring things. I found that there is a problem with the scripts that I am using. They do not work with the Keon, however the scripts do work when I connect to The Handy (not sure why). These funscripts were downloaded from a Handy-centric site. The heat map for these scripts appears as a solid blue bar when connected to either device. I replaced the funscript for the video with one that I know works with the Keon and the Handy from previuos trials in different players, named it the same as the video, and associated it with the video in XBVR (i.e. I used a script that does not match the video, but I still associated it with it). The heatmap looked like it should and both Keon and The Handy worked as expected! So, I just need to find scripts that work.
Thank you for creating a great player, and for your effort to help. Now that I know that everything works I will be purchasing the full version of HereSphere.

This is because you have downloaded so called tokens. It is basically a placeholder for the script and the script is actually stored on servers operated by the company behind TheHandy. This is a form of DRM protection. You can easily spot those because they are usually very small compared to ordinary scripts since they don’t contain any stroke information (just a few initial strokes). IVDB (TheHandy script database), NaughtyAmericaVR, RealJamVR are some examples of sites that use these tokens. They also have an expiry date.

If you search here on ES you will find several threads where discussions about tokens appear.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for enlightening me. I had no idea. Now that I look at the size of those files they are indeed very small (2KB).

@HereSphere Are there any filename suffixes for passthrough videos? if there are, can you share please?

If the filename contains a fisheye lens suffix (like “_MKX200” or “_FISHEYE190”) and the suffix “_ALPHA”, then the player will switch to passthrough mode with alpha masking. There isn’t a suffix for chromakey masking, because those settings change depending on the video.

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been asked & answered or if I’m just too daft to find the function in the keybindings but-
Is there an option to basically swap the focused screen/video directly in front of you with another screen/video running simultaneously in the multiscreen mode with automatic script detection?
My idea is basically having three videos in a row and then just swapping the one in the middle per buttonpress with either the one on the left or right (ideally each one with a respective keybinding) and the script swapping accordingly just as the audio auto switch does.

1 Like

There isn’t a way to do this yet, but might be added in the future.

2 Likes

thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to it!

Script will be uploaded each time you switch. Not sure that’s fun.

This would be a great feature, and I would really love to see this. I love the multi-screen capabilities of Heresphere in concept, but I rarely use it in practice. The two main reasons I don’t use it is because first it’s just really clunky, and the other is not being able to use videos from the streaming sites (I don’t use much of my valuable hard drive space for storing unscripted videos).

I think you’re mostly right about this when it comes to the Handy on wifi. The fact that there’s no gap filler coupled with the time it takes to upload the script, means I almost always have to start fiddling with the stroke range so that I don’t slip out from losing a bit of wood. This would be a good use of integrating the bluetooth capabilities of the Handy since that allows you to play the script instantly. I know you can lose some detail over bluetooth, but with my set up that seems to only happen with vibration intense PMVs, and I think I would mostly be using multi-screen scripted videos with action based scripts anyway.

With most scripts that takes like 3-4 seconds for me but there definitely have been some cases where it took quite a bit longer so I get the issue.

Same thing here. Have been toying around with the feature and it’s really exciting in theory but not quite there yet in practice.
What initially sparked me asking about this, was the thought that it could be an option to potentially create more elaborate cockhero/challenge videos. For example a cockhero with three or more “lanes” going from easy to hard and you could switch those lanes deliberately or by on-screen instruction etc.
Really could unlock some potential for gamification by just using video editing.

1 Like

That sounds brilliant!

Another idea would be to have screen A playing the cock hero and screen B linked to a folder. The folder has short “cool down” videos which are less intense than the cock hero. Whenever you feel like you’re getting too close to the point of no return, you click screen B and it plays one of the “cool down” videos which should keep you still in the game. The catch is that the folder also contains at least one “finisher” video so choose wisely. You can add more “finisher” videos to the folder if you want to increase the difficulty.

1 Like