HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

CMScripts rely on Connect & Control to control your devices, so it doesn’t work with the timestamp server. HereSphere just sends playback events to Connect & Control. I’m not sure if they support bluetooth devices yet (you’ll probably need the feel connect app). I’ve only tested with the Handy.

Bluetooth device support is only for standalone version right now. You can use the timestamp server with ScriptPlayer and/or intiface for bluetooth devices, though.

dang, just bought the standalone hoping to play the POVR scripts while streaming from my headset.

Any way to use C&C while using the API mode? (w/ Feelconnect)

I’d recommend contacting Connect & Control or POVR/WankzVR forum to see if they’ve added support for the HereSphere event server with the Feel Connect app. They said they were working on it and it’d be ready by the end of March.

Hi there, I do have a few questions I am hoping someone would help me answer.

The first is regarding the oscillation settings, what exactly does this mean, I’ve looked at release notes, but I am unclear what it actually does.

The second is around the manual script mode, is my thinking correct that if I set a keybind for this, if I was watching a scripted video, I could click this keybind and the pattern selected would play instead of the script from the video?

Thanks in advance - enjoying the upgrade from Pigasus greatly!

1 Like

Oscillation mode will cause the device to move up and down at a constant speed rather than using a script. Manual pattern will play a selected script pattern instead of the video script. Holding the grip button when hovered over UI elements will show tooltips if you’re unsure what each button does. Check these release notes for more details: Update v0.9.0 released - HereSphere VR Video Player (Quest 2) by HereSphere

2 Likes

The code I wrote here plays scripts with the Autoblow AI Ultra for local files/XBVR files. I should be easy to modify for streaming - all it needs is a way to tell which script goes with the scene HereSphere tells you it is playing.

…curious if HereSphere supports the Edge 2 on a Quest 3 in standalone mode, or would i need to integrate a PC into the setup…?

Heresphere any light at the end of the tunnel for that huge update coming?

I have been using the purchased version for almost 3 months now, and I have to admit heresphere is a damn GOOD VRplayer. Except for the limitations that I’m facing using Quest1 (can’t view faptap), others are all good such as connecting to DLNA, SMB while running script, etc.

One thing I noticed missing was a WebDAV connection. Can Heresphere support WebDAV connection? I have a NAS that I want to connect to remotely while traveling. This would be a great addition to feature if it’s not available right now. Or is it?

has this moved up on the todo list yet lol : )

vr videos in the background and other videos on a screen that sink to the scripts playing

Do you now support hand tracking?

The script upload to the handy but the handy doesn’t move. what should I do? and sometime Heresphere connect to my Handy but the script upload failed.

Updated the player and now all videos have lag/stuttering. Only change made was updating the app. Any one else?

Which version and headset are you using? Can you try going to the advanced video settings and adjust the resolution? If that doesn’t help, try rolling back the update for now.

Downloaded the demo for PC on steam and can’t get subtitles to work on 3d videos but they seem to be working fine on 2d videos
I do see the purple toggle on the CC button in both cases though

Anyone else faced the same issue?

attaching a sample subtitle that i cant get working
SIVR-178-A.srt (10.8 KB)

Latest version 0.10.4 on quest2, resolution doesn’t change stuttering nor does refresh rate. Will roll back version and see if that fixes anything and report back

@HereSphere, Where is the best place to make a feature request?

Thanks a ton for Heresphere. I’ve recently encountered a bug in the peripherals toggle. The keyboard is getting trimmed at the bottom when I am trying to change the opacity of the heatmap. Please look into it and fix it if possible.

1 Like

HereSphere update v0.11.0 is now available on Meta App Lab RC channel and itch.io. This update adds support for DLNA streaming, Autoblow integration, and some bug fixes. To switch to the RC channel, visit the HereSphere App Lab page on your web browser, scroll down to version, and click on the version number to switch to the RC channel. Try the free demo.

DLNA:

• Added support for DLNA streaming
  • Click on “DLNA” in the left side panel. The player will scan your network for DLNA servers. Click on a DLNA server to browse its contents. Currently, only videos are supported.
  • For scripts, you’ll need to place the script file in the “Interactive” folder on your Quest local storage, and make sure it matches the title of the video.
  • HSP files will be saved/loaded from the “HereSphere” folder on your Quest local storage and need to match the title of the video.
  • Subtitle files (.srt, .ssa, and .ass) need to be stored in the “HereSphere” folder on your Quest local storage and match the title of the video.

Autoblow Integration:

• Added support for Autoblow devices
  • Input the Autoblow connection key into the synchronized peripherals menu (accessed by clicking on the icon that looks like a play button with radio waves above the seekbar)
  • Scripts, manual oscillation, and manual script patterns are supported. The range feature only works for controlling oscillation range, since the Autoblow currently doesn’t support altering the script range on the fly.

Timestamp Server:

• Added fields “resource” and “identifier” to the timestamp server message. “resource” contains the actual url/path of the currently playing video file. “identifier” contains the scene url when using the HereSphere web API.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue with video thumbnails continuing to play in the background when menu is hidden.
  • Fixed issue with buffering not triggering playback suspended/resumed events for synchronized peripherals and the event server
6 Likes

Has Bluetooth toy connection been added to the PC version or still unique to the Standalone VR version?