HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

HereSphere update v0.10.0 adds support for passthrough with chromakey and alpha masking, as well as some quality of life features. The update is available on App Lab (RC channel) and itch.io. Try the free demo.

Passthrough:

• Added support for passthrough. You can switch to passthrough mode on a global basis (for all videos) by going to the user settings, clicking on the background dropdown box under the environment group, and then select passthrough. If you want to only enable passthrough for the current video, go to the advanced video setting when the video is playing, and then change the background dropdown box under the environment group to passthrough.

Chroma key masking:

• Added chroma key masking, which removes parts of an image based on the color (useful for removing green screens for passthrough). To enable chroma key masking, go to the advanced video settings, and under the environment group, change the mask dropdown box to chroma key. Press the cogwheel icon next to the dropdown box to edit the chroma key mask settings. You can define up to three different chroma key colors, a light despill color, and a light injection color. Click on the eyedropper icon to select a color by choosing a location in the image. Pixels that are similar in color to the chroma keys will be made transparent. You can define a cutoff value, soften value, exponent, and spill mask for each chroma key to specify the range of affected pixels. Pixels that are close to the light despill color will have their color adjusted to remove the tint of the despill color. This helps with removing green screen halos and skin tinted by the green screen. After the light despill operation, the color may look unnatural, so the light injection can be used to add color back into the image to make it more natural. For more details, view the tooltips by holding the grip button when hovered over the settings. (Note: for the best performance, leave the exponent settings at 1, and the despill spill mask at 0).

Alpha packed masking:

• Added alpha packed masking, which defines the alpha (opacity) of the image by packing it into another region of the image. To enable alpha packed masking, go to the advanced video settings, and under the environment group, change the mask dropdown box to alpha packed. Press the cogwheel icon next to the dropdown box to edit the alpha packed mask settings. The alpha coordinates shift x and shift y settings define the position of the alpha image relative to the normal colored image. The alpha coordinates scale x and scale y settings define the size of the alpha image relative to the normal colored image. For more details, view the tooltips by holding the grip button when hovered over the settings.

Quality of life improvements:

• AB Loop times are now saved per video
  • Enabled keyboard and mouse support. Go to the keybindings menu, and then add your keybindings to the keyboard or mouse group (you can also press the load default keybindings button). There are some known issues. When typing in a number box, you will need to press esc first, and then press enter after you’re finished typing in a number. The mouse cursor movement doesn’t work correctly. I’ll try to fix in this in a future update.
  • Added heatmap opacity setting to the synchronized peripherals menu. Lowering the opacity will make the heatmap more transparent, so it’s easier to see the current playback position.

HereSphere Web API:

• Added “alphaPackedSettings” and “chromaKeySettings” field, which can be used to load settings for alpha/chroma key masks. Check the HereSphere discord for more details on the HereSphere web API.
  • Added “hspArray” field, which contains the url of hsp file and the version of the hsp file. Newer hsp files aren’t backwards compatible with older HereSphere installations, so the version number is used to determine which hsp file can be read.
21 Likes

Thanks for the big update!

u r the man! great work

Yees… Great job! You should edit your title and include Quest 3 and passthrough :slight_smile:

Edit Just tested it and what a phenomenal job youve done with the passthrough. Even my selfmade videos work like a charme

Omg the passthrough works amazing!
Now I suddenly want more of them videos. :smiley:

2 Likes

Does anyone have good settings for the chroma key masking settings? I have tried fiddling around a bit but the outline of the skin still has a little bit of green. Thank you

is thare a way to get the program to work with the intiface central app so 1 you can use bluetooth if wifi isnt avalable and 2 you can sink up more toys

i didnt see you had a recent post so i am re asking the question on this as well

thank you for bringing and working on the passthough… work great…

Does HereSphere have a feature where the user must enter a password before accessing the app?

Don’t believe so, you would want to enable parental controls on the quest itself most likely.

If you’re using the app lab version, you can use the Quest’s app lock feature, which requires you to input a pin to open the app (just click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the app icon). Alternatively, you can go to the HS user settings, and type in a profile name. This basically creates a hidden profile that you need to type in to access the your settings/history.

1 Like

You did an amazing job with passthrough. It works perfect. Thank you again.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m kind of a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to buying things on my quest, and I’ve been using heresphere from my pc via airlink/questlink.

Is there any chance that passthrough will eventually come to the version that I purchased (pc/steam) and function correctly? I can understand if the processing would be goofed up or something, I’m just curious.

Thanks for making such a cool program!

I think I can make it somewhat work with Virtual Desktop’s passthrough chroma key, though it’s not perfect since VD’s chroma keying isn’t as effective as HereSphere’s native chroma keying. Mostly, there might be a small green outline.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re looking for MORE things to add to heresphere, but I think something like this would be cool for 2d content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7yaE1_0Pxk if its possible.

I also messed with the background color settings, and it would be cool if you could have some sort of moving gradient, or different light sources or something.

once again, thanks for all the work you’ve put into this!

Can someone tell me how to set the offset cause sometime the script feels early and sometimes it feels slowly and not sync to the video.

It’s in the Synchronized Peripherals menu. Click on the little ((>)) icon to the left of the rating stars in the playback control panel. It’s the same menu as where you set your connection key to TheHandy and other things including Time Offset.

thanks for the big update!

curious if i was just me but I lost all my .hsp tag files after I updated. previously they were kept even updating.

You didn’t uninstall the app before installing the update, did you? Because that would erase the data.

Is there any news on the DLNA support…I’ve been anxiuosly waiting for this. For some reason i cannot get Samba to work on Heresphere