HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

DLNA is still on the to-do list. Had to focus on getting passthrough to work first. If SMB doesn’t work, XBVR is a good alternative.

I didn’t uninstall to my knowledge I just copied over the apk in SideQuest which is what I did in the past. In the future I will backup my osp files periodically.

Thank you for making such an awesome app! We really appreciate your continued development.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed handy sync issues after the last update? I started to lose sync every time i fast-forward the video. It changes in a range about (-)100-200ms., and corrects itself when i pause and play again. I’m asking to know if that’s only me or is there a major problem.

1 Like

You can contact HS directly on Discord he is often online there.
Does anyone know the Firewall ports that are used other than 443 by the scripts?

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to ask the community if anyone else has the same problem before bothering him.

1 Like

Can someone help me? How to fix Fetal Error UE4-Heresphere game crashed

Which version of Heresphere?

PC or Quest?

Version 0.10.x and up on Quest requires an up to date OS.

I use on PC version 4.25.3.0

Saved data probably got corrupted. Try backing up and then deleting this folder:
%localappdata%/HereSphere/Saved/SaveGames

You can try restoring one file at a time to see if you can recover some of the data.

Lots of problems with Heresphere for the past few weeks, failed uploads, loss of sync, and no ability to move around the video. It seems correlated with time of day. DeoVR has issues too, but whatever they’re doing seems less susceptible to whatever is going on. Talked to the Handy people on DIscord about this, I had a problem this summer with my ISP that I worked around using a mobile hotspot on my phone. That no longer works either.

Really wish there were a way to bypass the servers once the connection has been established.

1 Like

I wonder if using a VPN would help. Else, maybe the Handy’s servers are overwhelmed by the influx of new users due to holiday sales, since it seems to be correlated with the time of day. It’d be nice if they updated their firmware to support using a local wifi server instead of having to connect to the Handy servers. Bluetooth protocol is too slow to make fast movements on the Handy.

2 Likes

There was talk on discord of new firmware that directly uploaded to the IP address of the handy, but I guess they haven’t gotten to it. Agree on the Bluetooth unless they enabled script uploads through it.

I’m having another problem with creating playlists. Every time I try to create a playlist with more than one video Heresphere crashes so I’m just trying to add videos one at a time (trying to get a Christmas playlist going with all these new Holiday scripts :laughing:). Unfortunately I can’t even do this now because any random video might crash the app which causes me to lose everything I’ve added in that session.

As an example let’s say I have four videos I would like to add to a playlist. If I select all four and click add to playlist, it crashes every single time. Then I restart the app, select video #1, add to playlist, and it’s fine. Do the same thing with video #2, and it’s fine. Add video #3 and now it crashes and I have to start over. I restart the app, add video #3, and it’s fine. I add video #2, and it crashes. There seems to be no way for me to tell when a video is going to crash the app. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

1 Like

I wonder if your saved data might be corrupted or something. Still working on fixing issues with saving/loading data.

@HereSphere

I would like to purchase a license but kind of confused at which version to get (Steam, Quest app lab, itch.io?) Can you outline the various options? If I purchase on one platform, do I have to pay on the other platforms as well? I would prefer to be able to update it automatically if possible without sideloading etc. I have a Quest 2 and a PC. Thanks.

Edit: Also, will it be available on the official Meta Store any time soon?

Quest App Lab is basically the same as the official Meta Store (it’s just hidden from search unless you type in the exact name). I’d recommend that version if you don’t want to sideload or use your PC. It also supports passthrough. Some ppl prefer using the Steam PC version to stream to their Quest headset. The PC version and Quest standalone version have to be purchased separately. There are free demos of both versions available for you to test.

1 Like

How does Keon control work?

Click the icon that looks like a play button with radio waves above the seekbar. Enable the synchronized peripherals, and then press the “Scan Bluetooth Devices” button to connect to your Keon. Funscript files will play if they’re if they’re in the same directory as the video and match the video name (or if using XBVR, matched to the scene).

@HereSphere is there a way to transfer key mapping between the steam version and the native quest version? I have a lot of customized shortcuts/settings that I’d like to skip comparing and entering again.

I haven’t tested this, so it might not work due to some slight differences between the PC and standalone app. You could try saving a backup in the HS user settings on the Quest standalone app to create the HereSphere backup folder on your Quest storage. Then go to %localappdata%/HereSphere/Saved/SaveGames/Default on your PC, and copy the KeyBindings.hsk file to the HereSphere backup folder on the Quest, replacing the KeyBindings file. Then load the save data.

However, I’d recommend just manually creating your keybindings again. There are a bunch of keyboard, mouse, and gamepad bindings that will get transferred over from the PC version. Better to reduce the number of unneeded keybindings.