HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2/Pro/3 supports Handy, Keon, Launch and Passthrough

This would be a great feature, and I would really love to see this. I love the multi-screen capabilities of Heresphere in concept, but I rarely use it in practice. The two main reasons I don’t use it is because first it’s just really clunky, and the other is not being able to use videos from the streaming sites (I don’t use much of my valuable hard drive space for storing unscripted videos).

I think you’re mostly right about this when it comes to the Handy on wifi. The fact that there’s no gap filler coupled with the time it takes to upload the script, means I almost always have to start fiddling with the stroke range so that I don’t slip out from losing a bit of wood. This would be a good use of integrating the bluetooth capabilities of the Handy since that allows you to play the script instantly. I know you can lose some detail over bluetooth, but with my set up that seems to only happen with vibration intense PMVs, and I think I would mostly be using multi-screen scripted videos with action based scripts anyway.

With most scripts that takes like 3-4 seconds for me but there definitely have been some cases where it took quite a bit longer so I get the issue.

Same thing here. Have been toying around with the feature and it’s really exciting in theory but not quite there yet in practice.
What initially sparked me asking about this, was the thought that it could be an option to potentially create more elaborate cockhero/challenge videos. For example a cockhero with three or more “lanes” going from easy to hard and you could switch those lanes deliberately or by on-screen instruction etc.
Really could unlock some potential for gamification by just using video editing.

1 Like

That sounds brilliant!

Another idea would be to have screen A playing the cock hero and screen B linked to a folder. The folder has short “cool down” videos which are less intense than the cock hero. Whenever you feel like you’re getting too close to the point of no return, you click screen B and it plays one of the “cool down” videos which should keep you still in the game. The catch is that the folder also contains at least one “finisher” video so choose wisely. You can add more “finisher” videos to the folder if you want to increase the difficulty.

1 Like

What would be nice is switch on the fly without renaming between scripts that are named “a_movie.funscript” and “a_movie2.funscript” and “a_movie3.funscript”.

1 Like

If I buy Heresphere on Quest store, do I have to buy it again on Steam to use on my PC?

Yes, the Quest standalone version and PC version don’t have a cross-buy option, so you’ll have to purchase it from Steam if you’d like to use HereSphere on your PC.

Just downloaded and tried the demo version of Heresphere in App Lab. I have to admit it’s superb. So much capabilities with the advanced features to set.
Manage to connect with Handy, run SMB videos with script flawlessly through my Quest 1.
I know it won’t work for SLR for obvious reasons, but I can’t get it to work on Faptap either.
The video just won’t show up, but there is sound. I can’t login either. Am I missing something?

And another issue I encountered is that when the script is 6 hours long, it can’t be uploaded to handy. Try BJ Relay scene to duplicate the problem. I tried multiple times but still unsuccessful. 3 hour script could be miss sometimes.

I’m this close to purchase the non demo version.

The in-app web browser might not have the correct codecs to play the videos from Faptap for the Quest 1 (seems like it works when I test the Quest 3). There’s also a file size limit when uploading to the Handy servers, but there might be a way to get around that by having the Handy download the script from your local network. I haven’t figured out how to do that yet, but it’s on the to do list.

1 Like

HereSphere update v0.10.2 for Quest headsets is now available on itch.io and Meta App Lab RC channel. This update adds some quality of life improvements and bug fixes. A free demo is available.

Quality of life improvements:

• Added support for local cmscripts used by Connect & Control.
  • Added “Toggle AB Loop” keybinding
  • Searching for tag ratings without a tag name will now match with all tags rather than just tags that have a blank name. For example, searching for “>3” will match with all tags that have a rating greater than 3.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed bluetooth keyboard issues with missing keys like hyphen, comma, and numpad. Most keys should now work, except for the numpad “+” and “*” keys, which I haven’t figured out how to fix yet.
3 Likes

“Scriptplayer” Windows app does that. It should be open source. Maybe you can use that as reference.

any more news on the DLNA support??

I just bought HereSphere for Quest 2 (app lab). I don’t see the option to for the Handy as “Synchronized Peripherals”, as described here: Local VR Video – Handy Setup

Am I missing something?

… I’ve now also purchased the itch.io version and sideloaded the APK. Again, no ability to sync the handy :frowning:

there is a button that looks like this, in approximately this spot:

(the screenshots on the website were added prior to the functionality of peripherals, so I had to draw it in myself lol)

Above the seekbar, there’s an icon that looks like a play button with radio waves. Clicking on that will open up the synchronized peripherals menu.

thank you!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there’s a way to show which videos in a folder you have funscripts for? I’ve got a bunch mixed together and it’s a pain to have to recall which ones have scripts or not.

Displaying if a video has a script in the file browser is on the to-do list. If you use XBVR to organize your videos, then there’ll be an icon near the upper left corner that looks like a play button with radio waves for videos that have scripts.

4 Likes

Maybe a filter option for videos with scripts would be nice too?

1 Like

@HereSphere - great app!
Is there a way/plan to connect to Intiface Central?