How can I export bookmarks / timestamps?

Now that HereSphere supports bookmarks / timestamps from XBVR, I’d like to add them to my scripted files.

I script using OFS, which does have bookmarks, but I can’t see how to export them. I’ve seen that HandyControl suppers chapter files, which are JSON which I could then use for a shell script to update XBVR, however I like the fact I can see the video in OFS so if I can export from that then even better.

I can’t add the cuepoints in XBVR from the browser as the video doesn’t load (maybe the browser doesn’t support h265?)

There’s is no way of exporting bookmarks from OFS (version 1.4.4).
They are just stored in the .ofsp files.

I’ve always disliked this idea of exporting bookmarks.

What exactly would you need for your use case?
How does XBVR provide bookmarks/timestamps?
I use XBVR myself but I’m not aware of such a feature. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: Nevermind I found the cuepoint thing you mentioned.
But how would you import these?

Yeah thats the next thing. I’ve done some sniffing and I can insert cuepoints by using XBVR API, for example:

curl -X POST http://[ip-address]/api/scene/[scene-id]/cuepoint -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"name":"kneeling-blowjob","time_start":123.0}'

So my thought is, providing I can export the bookmarks from something GUI, I can create a simple Ruby or Python script to add them to XBVR. I can manually create a JSON file with these cuepoints in but I already use them when scripting in OFS, so wondered if there was a way to export them.

You apparently can use the XBVR web UI to do this as the video is playing, but I can’t get the video to play.

The latest HereSphere beta adds these bookmarks above the timeline bar, so I’d like to make use of them. You can create this inside HereSphere but I struggle with fine controls within VR.

I suppose the alternative to this would be to try fork XBVR and see if there’s a way to manually add points. Or see if there’s interest in a way to just import some json of time stamps.

I know this is a multi-application request but, personally, I would like if we could easily create a bookmarks file when playing a script (in JoyFunPlayer, MultiFunPlayer, ScriptPlayer, etc). For example, by pressing a button on the Xbox controller. This would create a simple “[video].bookmarks.json” file or something.

As a script creator, I would use this to mark the spots that didn’t feel right when testing my script. After my testing, I would like to import the bookmark into OFS to make the adjustments.

This could also be used to give feedback to another creator. While watching, the user could bookmark the spots in the script they don’t like and then add a description for the bookmarks directly in the json (i.e. “this repositioning is too noticeable”, etc). They could then send the file to the creator, who would be able to import it in OFS and make the adjustment (if they agree).

For example, by pressing a button on the Xbox controller.

Have you looked at HandyControl? I got the impression this may be possible there. I agree some way to make marking bad sections would be great.

It’s somewhat possible with HereSphere:

1. Begin watching script
  2. You find a bit thats not quite right, pause it
  3. Add a new tag track, and add a marker for “Bad”
  4. Later on you can tap on those tags to jump to the timestamp

You still have to jump to the timestamp, remember it, take off the VR headset, and write it down, but at least this is something you can revisit later.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check HereSpere. It’s even more useful in the video player (DeoVR, HereSphere, SLR VR App) than with the funscript players since it should work for any device (i.e. I have an OSR2 and can’t use HandyControl).
Maybe, I’ll be able to find where it saves the data and extracts it from there, instead of having to cut & paste in and out of the VR headset.

So I’ve done this import manually, and it works really great. I first created a JSON file with all the scenes and bookmarks in, then used a python script to import them to XBVR.

Once you download that theres a couple of things you need to do:

1. Edit the python script with your XBVR IP address
  2. Find the XBVR scene id, to do this I’d open the scene in the browser, then use Chromes network inspector to add a bookmark, then you can see the URL and grab the scene ID from that
  3. Edit the JSON file with the scene, name (just for reference, only used when printing console output), and add all the cuepoints
  4. Finally, run the script with python3 import.py cuepoints.json

So yeah, it works, but its tedious. I think the ideal workflow here would be either

1. Exporting bookmarks from a tool like OFS, and XBVR having a JSON import feature
  2. XBVR supporting manual cuepoints, that aren’t tied to the player current position

I’ve never used Go or Vue.js, so I doubt I’d have the time or inclination to submit a pull request for this on XBVR.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.