How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

I think that you are doing it wrong:

1. Make sure that both video and script are in the same folder and named the same.
  2. Open Scriptplayer and make sure DeoVR is connected (you figured it out already so you should be good to go)
  3. Open the video in DeoVR (NOT in Scriptplayer). The Scriptplayer should automatically load the script once you open the video in DeoVR if you’ve done 1st step correctly.

I think the step 3 is the problem because you try to open the video in Scriptplayer instead of DeoVR.

Updated the guide with the Heresphere.

4 Likes

Hi- im following your guide but can’t get it to work.

I followed the youtube guide to get HereSphere to work, loading it from SideQuest. I have my Quest2 connected to the PC via a cable- and im trying to watch videos for my Handy.

The problem im meeting is that there is nowhere in HereSphere to navigate to my local drive- I can only see folders that looks like the Quest 2 storage. What am I missing!? Wish this step was included in your guide.

Thanx

For now I will link to the different thread, but if you want to see folders from your PC you have to setup SMB server:

HereSphere VR Video Player for Quest 2 has native script support for the Handy - #31 by beyto

I might add this later. Hope this is enough for now.

Updated the original guide with SMB setup. Everything was tested by myself so it 100% works.

2 Likes

This is awesome Husky thank you. I have a Reverb G2, Win10, and a Handy, so I’m following the first method: " Heresphere with Handy." Problem is, at step 3, HereSphere’s settings don’t look like that for me. The Synchronized Peripherals section is missing, so I can’t enter my Handy key. Any ideas?

I assume that you are using steam version? If so you need to toggle Heresphere into beta mode in the steam settings - How to enable BETA version in a Steam game. - YouTube

1 Like

I am. Thank you that worked!

1 Like

Glad it worked! I will add this note to the guide too so others won’t be confused.

1 Like

Updated the guide with some tips on how to make Heresphere work over Wi-Fi with Scriptplayer, so you can use Keon, Launch or other toys supported by Scriptplayer with Quest 2 without cable.

So i just ordered my quest 2 with link cable. From what i understand is: I just can download Heresphere demo on steam on my pc. connect my Q2 with a link cable in pc, enter my handy key in sync peripherals; and then just browse my media files in heresphere should work right?

I recommend setting up a SMB server so you can browse files on your laptop/PC/NAS over WiFi. You will only need to connect directly to PC once to install Heresphere through SideQuest. I don’t have a link cable so not sure if it will work, but it should I think.

Hello,
need help for quest 2 with Multifunplayer. connect to Buttplug not to Heresphere (Quest) Ip from Quest access denied. Can anyone help why?
thx

You may have better luck asking here:

I’ve never really used Multifunplayer for too long since I don’t need it.

1 Like

@Husky I’ve now connected DeoVR option under scriptplayer to my oculus and i can play a video by dragging and dropping my video + funscript into my VR through sidequest. I’m playing it in Heresphere and on my DeoVR it says it can’t find the funscript? I’m not sure how to solve this

Hi, I recently purchased a Kiiroo Keon and have been using it with my Quest 2 (haptics connect + SLR app with premium subscription). I’m not tech savvy so even getting this setup took me a while to figure out.
My question is what steps do I need to take to use scripts from here on my quest 2?
I read through this post but since I’m not very tech savvy not sure which steps to follow.
I don’t have a PC, just MacBook.
Thanks a lot any help would be appreciated! :pray:t4:

Most software developed here is for Windows and that includes Scriptplayer. Apple isn’t hobby programmer friendly due to their requirement that all software developers must have developer accounts that cost a yearly fee and that all software must be digitally signed, which might eliminate the possibility of being a bit anonymous here etc.

This is what someone answered earlier:

Depending on headset and stroker device there might be Mac options if you are willing to only use web browser based software and possibly software on your phone. I don’t have a Mac nor Quest 2 so I can’t tell if that is possible for your setup though.

You can check * OPTION 2 - FOR TOYS THAT ARE NOT THE HANDY* in the guide i linked below. That might work for you even if you have a Mac. Note that there is some limitation with the Haptics Connect app, if I’m not mistaken, that requires that you buy at least one script from the SLR site. This somehow makes you a premium user at SLR, which enables you to use the app. This requirement has been debated a lot here the last 6 months so I won’t get into that requirement.

Thanks so much for your response! I was able to get haptics and SLR on my quest through my Mac but seems like getting scripts loaded requires a PC. I will look into investing in one and come back to this post to follow the steps. Cheers!

this tutorial save me to use my cell in gear vr and handy great

Hello Guys I need you help, I Installed HereSphere on my Quest 2 followed the steps to connect over wifi to my ScriptPlayer but ScriptPlayer doesn’t detect DeoVR, How can I fix that ?