How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

There is another thread that claim that TheHandy servers are unresponsive at the moment even if they are green on the status pages. Maybe that is the issue.

I don’t have handy issue, It’s ScriptPlayer that don’t wanna connect to my HereSphere according to the screens guides

Thank you for the guide. Got my quest 2 late last week and been researching on how to use it. This guide really helped me have a complete wireless setup for my launch. I dont know how i can ever get back to sitting on a chair anymore.

It worked perfectly except for the script part. I can load the videos but the script wont show up for both scriptplayer and mfp. All my videos have the script file right next to them and im 1000% sure they have the same name, without any special text aside from a dash(-). I even made it a point to remove all the brackets or apostrophes etc to make sure that the script runs. G90ak suggested that i can pick a folder that contains all the scripts for mfp. I tried and it worked. I found out that scriptplayer is the same. So i just made an entire folder that has a copy of every script i have and pasted it there. Its perfect because i have that folder backed up. Now i can just play the vid and as long as the scripts are in thst master folder, the script will run. Thank you so much

I really appreciated the guide and pictures. Unfortunately I’m still running into an issue. I’m running a Windows 10 Laptop, Quest 2, Heresphere, and Scriptplayer. I’ve set my Scriptplayer DeoVR IP to Quest2IP:23554. I enabled Time Stamp server on my Quest 2 under Heresphere and set it to LaptopIP. The video player screen for Scriptplayer never exits the DeoVR Not Connected message.

Troubleshooting Attempted:

1. Successfully pinged Quest 2 IP from laptop
  2. Disabled Windows Firewall

Thank you in advance for any additional ideas.

Soooo…

I just checked it again and you need to put the same IP address in both Heresphere AND Scriptplayer. You might also need to toggle the server button in Heresphere a few times if it still says “not connected”. Once you do that it should say it’s connected. Firewall shouldn’t be an issue, I have it enabled.

Sorry about that, I will fix the guide in a minute (it’s fixed now).

1 Like

That did it! Thank you very much for the help. I’m a little embarrassed I didn’t puzzle it out on my own.

Has anyone else had issues with H265 videos and a slow framerate? When I play videos that are H264, things seem to play okay. but the H265 are lagging behind the audio and are slowed.

I should note this is in HereSphere using Virtual Desktop on the Meta Quest 2

thanks for the guide, it worked perfectly

2023/01/07 update:

• Added instructions for connecting to MultiFunPlayer.
  • Separated the guide into 2 parts - individually for HereSphere and Whirligig. Hopefully this makes it much easier to follow.
  • Added the “I don’t have a VR setup” point, because you can use Heresphere to watch VR videos without VR setup.
5 Likes

Hi, i was following the heresphere guide and i was able to playback the video/script fine but in the middle of the video, the handy stopped moving. I tried re starting everything but now the script constantly says it fails to upload. Any ideas?

Does the problem still occurs? Could be just temporary issue with Handy servers, otherwise I don’t see why it played ok and then stopped.

How do you stop Heresphere trying to optimize the video and lowering the the quality? 7k videos are always a little bit fuzzy for me on Heresphere but are fine on DEOVR and SKYPLAYER its a little bit off-putting.

Copy the funscripts directly in the intertactive folder of your headset.

nice guide!

Update to anyone interested, in ScriptPlayer, there is seemingly no longer a DeoVR player option. It has been replaced with just “HereSphere”. Additionally, I was having issues with connecting my HereSphere to ScriptPlayer and realized that the timestamp IP had to match that of my Quest’s IP (I couldn’t type the IP provided in the screenshot of 127.0.0.54). You can generate your Quest’s IP by clicking the button next to the field where you can manually type in an IP. After updating the IP (you keep the 23554 port), you have to manually restart ScriptPlayer for updates to the IP and port to take effect. More info on the timestamp server here: Update v0.5 released - HereSphere VR Video Player (Quest 2) by HereSphere.

(Also sorry if I used some terminology wrong, just hope this was helpful).

1 Like

I just installed the HereSphere-v0.9.1-demo via Sideload PC, started Heresphere and it does not show the Synchronized Peripherals menu. My Quest 2 auto updated before I installed Heresphere. Anyone know how to fix this?

In new versions it looks like a play button with radio waves - you can find it here:

2 Likes

Thank you vry much for this detailed post. I managed to connect my Heresphere on my Quest 2 over wifi via SMB server. I got scriptplayer and intiface to connect but i’m having trouble not having my scripts connected/read. The videos play fine but just not the scripts. Can anyone help me figure out why?

I’m using Lovense Connect to intiface if this matters. Name on the script files also matches the videos.

When you choose deovr in Scriptplayer does it says “connected” like on my screen in the guide? If not, you probably typed wrong ip address in Scriptplayer’s settings. If yes then check if the script shows up in Scriptplayer after you hit play on Quest.

Yes, it says connected. How do i check if the script shows up on Scriptplayer? If you mean the heatmap when hovering over the timeline, then no i don’t see it.