How to use scripts in VR - picture guide (Heresphere / Whirligig)

Is the script in the same folder as video? Maybe try changing name of script and video to something simplier like 123. Does it work when you use the video on your PC (without Quest)?

yup, vids and scripts have the same name and in same folder. It works when i’m playing it just in scriptplayer on pc

Hmmm… You might try disabling firewall/antivirus and see if it helps, but since it’s connected to your Quest and you can access videos it shouldn’t be an issue. If that doesn’t work I have no idea what’s going on, sorry.

Thanks for trying to help. I somehow managed to fix my problem through trial and error, playing around with the settings in Scriptplayer. Apparently, I had to set Paths for it to work. Once I put my folder in it, it managed to work.

Hello,

I was able to use your step by step to connect my Quest 2 to Heresphere and SMB, use Multi Fun Player connected to the Intiface Central app on my phone and connected that to my Keon which connects and plays fine. But my Keon is very jittery and not playing the full script strokes. I tried to load the video and script locally to my Quest and play via SLR’s Haptic Connect app and has no problem with the full motions so it’s not the scripts. Any settings I could mess around with in Heresphere or could it be that I’m using the Intiface app and it’s not optimized yet.

The reason I’m using the Intiface app over the desktop Intiface Central program is when I try to connect my Keon to the Intiface Central on desktop it connects for 15 seconds or so then disconnects, throwing an endpoint error, and refuses to connect again until I close everything out and restart. Then it connects for 15 seconds again and throws out the error. So I moved to the app and the connection to the Keon is great.

You should be able to connect a Keon directly to Heresphere on a Quest 2 without needing Intiface, a PC, or any additional software.

1 Like

Oh dang, I didn’t know this was something it can do, thanks! How does it detect the scripts? Just as long as they’re in the same SMB directory and have the same name? I’ll try it out today thank you!

The same folder DeoVR uses should work, Interactive I think. Might also work in the same folder as the video.

What are you supposed to put in the “Connection Key” field if you are using a Lovense?

Try to follow this comment:

Lovense devices aren’t natively supported in HereSphere right now. I think you can use the timestamp server in the HS user settings with ScriptPlayer, though. Go to the HS user settings, enable the timestamp server toggle, and also press the icon next to the IP address input box if you’re using the Quest 2 standalone version. In ScriptPlayer, input that IP address into the DeoVR options, and then use the DeoVR player setting in ScriptPlayer.

1 Like

I followed the instructions and got the videos to play in HS (Quest 3). ScriptPlayer also has DeoVR shown as “Connected”. When playing the video in HS, the ScriptPlayer is synced, shows that video is playing and the timing indicator in SP follows the timing on the HS video.

My Keon also shows as connected through Intiface like normal with lights indicating also that it is connected.

However, none of the scripts are playing. Keon does nothing. Tested multiple videos that have worked before with my old cardboard streaming setup and Keon did not have any movements.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

If you’re using the HS timestamp server with ScriptPlayer, you’ll need to make sure the script folder has been added to ScriptPlayer’s path settings so it knows where to look for scripts. If you’re using XBVR as well, then you need to download the scripts from XBVR so they’re renamed to match the title of the scene.

However, I’d just recommend using the native bluetooth features in HS if you’re using a Keon. Make sure you’re on the latest version of HS (v0.9.7), click on the synchronized peripherals icon (looks like a play button with radio waves above the seek bar), enable the toggle, click on “Scan Bluetooth Devices”, accept the requested permission, and your Keon should connect. Make sure your funscript is in the same folder as the video, and has the exact same name except for the file extension.

1 Like

Thank you! That worked like a charm! Didn’t know you had a direct support. You just got yourself another customer :+1:

Hey there, I’m trying to follow all of this, but is there an easier way? Finding IP addresses and I don’t even know what SMB or XBVR means. I used to be able to run initface, start server, open scriptplayer connect to KEON by “connect to device” and then either drag and drop the video and script or open it up and all was fine. But then Whirligig did some sort of update and I could never get it to work again. I tried connecting it with DEO, but I could never get it to connect. Is there an easy way? Would it be easier to just use the cable? Would that cut out having to use ports and changing IP’s and everything? I see conflicting stuff here. One person said you can just download HS (I did figure out that meant heresphere)!. I can download it in the oculus, but then I read it has to be sideloaded. I read it can be downloaded to the PC. Here I am thinking I could just connect virtual desktop and play a video. I don’t understand why it’s this complicated. I was using faptap for a while, but VR vids wouldn’t run unless I had some special VR browser. If you can help, please let me know. Perhaps there’s a specific guide for my situation? I don’t have a quest. I’m working with an Oculus Quest 1. I can connect with the cable, or use airlink. I can get scriptplayer and initiface on my PC, I know how to install those. I know there’s a drop in clarity, but if it’s easier to connect, I’ll deal with the quality loss. How did the faptap creator make it so easy to connect? Hit connect, bluetooth, click keon and off you go with the video and script. Is there a way to connect using virtual desktop and then something like scriptplayer? It sounds like I need to first figure how to get HS onto the Quest 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you’re using the Quest 1, then I’d recommend getting the PC version of HereSphere from Steam and using Virtual Desktop, Airlink, or the Link cable (if your graphics card can decode and encode ultra high resolution videos). There’s a download link for the free demo on the right side of the HereSphere steam store page, so you can test to see if it works. Go to the user settings in HereSphere and enable the timestamp server toggle. In ScriptPlayer, use the DeoVR player option. It should work with the default settings.

This is probably going to sound like a really dumb question, but I’ve never used this before, so please go easy on me. I downloaded Heresphere from Steam. When I launched it, a box opened up with the HereSphere home screen. How do I get it to stream to my device? Do I have to go through Steam VR? For some stupid reason, something is wrong with my virtual desktop and it won’t open. It keeps telling me there are things causing it not to open. My antivirus software, which I’ve used for years and virtual desktop never had any issues with it. There’s something called punkbuster. I think I found a game that had it, but I don’t know. The file where it told me to delete it wasn’t there, so I just deleted the whole game. The 3rd thing is something with GEforce overlay. I’m working on that as we speak. I swear, something just does not want to let me enjoy myself.

If you have issues with virtual desktop, you can use airlink or the usb link cable (there are plenty of tutorials online on how to set that up). HereSphere requires SteamVR to run in VR mode, so make sure that’s also installed (maybe try manually starting it before running the app).

I was able to get HereSphere running and virtual desktop working. I’ve opened scriptlayer. On HereShere, I enabled timestamp server. I don’t know what the heck I’m supposed to do next. I can’t run DeoVR if Virtual Desktop is running. Or maybe there’s a way and I just have no clue how to do it. It tells me I can only run one app at a time.

You need to select the DeoVR video player option in ScriptPlayer (not actually running DeoVR itself). Click on “Video Player” near the top left of the ScriptPlayer app, then select DeoVR. You should see a message in ScriptPlayer that says DeoVR Connected (given that both HereSphere’s timestamp server and ScriptPlayer’s DeoVR settings are on default). You might need to restart ScriptPlayer or toggle the TimeStamp server off/on in the HereSphere user settings until you see the connection message.

I recommend reading the first post in this thread for more details. It explains how to set it up in depth.