I created a new device

Are you planning to put the STLs and firmware source up on GitHub?

1 Like

I wasn’t sure anyone would be interested.

I can send a few out to people with development skills to see what they think and if they can help improve anything or can use it for an application or game. If someone has Arduino, ESP32-S3, C skills or the software for devices like buttplug io or whatever. Also if someone has different strokers or whatever and 3D modeling and printing skills to make adapters so this can be used with other devices (I dont want to step on toes though i see that the OSR wizards have their own housing with heat and lube and all that, Im a fan.)

Awesome.

So my discord handle in the handy discord is

Abdulisquitehandy

I have already mentioned a bit about this and some ideas

I appreciate we all need to make some money so its totally fair to.

However, I dont know, for me, call me mad, but I do stuff for free. I mean it would be even better if like handy gave a job or paid a commission etc. But thats still not happened - I do stuff for me and like the fact it can benefit others like me too. Anyhow I dont want to get bogged down about money…When we finish on this get whatever you can/need :wink:

Okay so im also working on a accelerometer way around

but for this way with the mechanical keys set to numbers that equate to movement range commands

We need a websocket i think where the computer or phone is the client and the handy is the server… i do not know about coding etc might may look into learning python after all if no else can help etc.

Anyhow, a basic single row mechanical keyboard with 7 keys, with a usb connection to a pc would be able to send the depth data as keys were pushed to which then we need to be able to convert that data to handy scripting or live use case.

The other way i was thinking this could be done is with an off the amazon shelf bluetooth accelerometer that sticks on to the handy and sends the xyz data from which a users max and min y and z movements need to be calculated to 0 to 100% of handy strokes… soconce or as the movement data occurs, the sensor sends the movement via bluetooth to a computer or app using tcp or udp maybe udp is better…this then needs to return in a way to control the handy. Maybe a second bluetooth radio should be used where the movement data then bridges or replicates on the second bluetooth comunication path directly to the handy.

Something like this should be able take keyboard keyboard presses with my device acting as a keyboard to control a handy connected to the computer.

It isnt just a keyboard though. Think of a key press as a digital signal to a program to perform some action (in this example write “x” when key 1 is pressed). For the keyboard mode you can remap the keys in the settings, so you can change the operation of the device to match the control scheme of whatever it is connected to without changing firmware. It also has wifi so it can network like the other toys and apps. I just havent used the wifi because I dont really like the messy security situation. I prefer wired usb and bluetooth connection when possible.

I saw on thingiverse you use a Bambu A1 do you have an AMS the multi material system?

I see that you are knowledgeable about the software in this field and have reviewed devices. Can I send you one of these so you can check it out and let me know if you have any ideas on applications for it and ways to make it better? You can keep it, maybe just cover shipping im in the US I dont know where people live and international can get expensive?

2 Likes

Would love to, though I’m not based in US and shipping will be very expensive. Not really willing to pay for that.

If the project is open-source I could probably build it myself. I know where to source materials.

1 Like

Yes to the Bambu a1 combo with the ams lite however, i didnt get to use it as i had to store/hide my printer away and then the recall happened - i opted for a replacement heatbed. Hidden as it was a impulse buy and my wife would be angry as we already push budgets with the costs of living, mortgages and kids school fees etc. Anyhow hopefully something will come up for the end of the month and i can justify the cost etc.

Anyway, back to the project at hand, yes i think its a great way to move forward, and backward :smile: with the handy. So hopefully you have seen the 3d printable to stop the handy slider moving and the clip-on sleeve holders. When i get a chance, i will just add a slot on the inner side of the sleeve holder that gives just enough space for the keys to be on the sleeve and be pressed with the in and out of penetration and retraction. However, i do wonder how accurate this way of scripting would be. Alos how can this depth data be transmited other the internet to say a dildo on a ossm. This would be ideal for that and reversed - i.e. a double ended dildo given a handjob where the buttom is going into another handy with the clip-on sleeve holder and this ‘key’ device to IoT interactive sex…

Can we please make it so it can be like free rather than any subscription stuff … peeps can make it thems themselves and enjoy or buy a made kit for example so its open and still possibly small profitable from but if peeps love it they can gladly like show gratitude on paypal etc giving whatever they can/want to or can afford too etc. Generous over greedy etc…buttt i get it…not everyone plays fair…someone else not following no bro code or wanting joy for all etc will just clone and sell to profit etc…butt if its cheap and free how much can they profit etc… and why would someone pay more or pay a copycat thats charging more etc

Yes I will make it free. I will upload the freeCad modelst too so anyone can customize the designs for themselves without having to reverse engineer a stl. I just have to go back through the models and make sure I changed some filets to chamfers.
I also need to find some places to host the files. It seems like thingiverse buries any adult related stuff. Cults3d has more of this type of stuff.

3 Likes

I know lovense had some depth sensing but it didnt seem to work well. This is like the pro gamer version (with rgb lighting :pinched_fingers:). It wont be hard to integrate this with software that is out there. As I have said, I just need to do more reseach.

I see good potential in a scenario where this controls the stroke length of a hismith type machine (or if the handy has any dildo attachments). As deeper buttons are pressed this moves a dildo hismith deeper, replicating the penetration of my machine on the hismith. This would be great for camgirls.

I was able to get this to work so well by controling the distances in the sensing reigon. By modifying these spacers I made it so that anyone can get reliable engagement with the switches. In these photos you can see the parts I use to accomplish this, by restricting the passage and varying the position of the keys.

There are more options for customization like different keycaps, but I will get to that later.

I also made a simpler barrel that can be used with the LeLuv that needs less adapters. The fleshlight is good but it wasnt designed with this application in mind so you have to make sure those fins on the sleeve are not inline with the keys (rotated 45°). The LeLuvs dont have fins and are cheaper.

They have fleshlight clone sleeve for <$20 too.

I noticed that people complain about the handy sleeves so these may be good to make an adapter for use with the handy, with or without my attachment. LeLuv Magic Sleeve Penis Pump Accessory 6.7 inch length Masturbator In

1 Like

I will in a few days.

A handy community member shared this to look into… incase it helps.

1 Like

I certainly would be, as I said it’s easier to make one like this than to buy The Handy one in countries like Brazil,Please message me if you decide, it’s been a while since I learned Python but I would definitely do my best to feel my waifus someday

I finished organizing the source, compiled firmware, and 3d models. I’m just writing a build guide, operation instructions, and some misc github documents. I will have the project uploaded to github before friday.

4 Likes

Wow - well done!

I hope you like it and build it.

4 Likes

i was going to build something like this because my hands free stand keeps me too far away from the mouse. that looks great.
what platform microcontroller platform are you using? also what filament is that it looks amazing!

1 Like

The blue filament is FLASHFORGE Burnt titanium PLA and the transparent is GIANTARM Clear PLA. I can’t recommend that clear PLA enough. It prints great, has the best clarity of a clear PLA I have found, and it is the most rigid PLA I have used. Just make sure you dry it before use and keep it dry because steam bubbling is noticable with transparent filaments.

The microcontroller is the Lilygo T-Display S3, based on the ESP32-S3 platform in Arduino language (it can run micropython but arduino runs faster from what I have seen). At $13 I cannot recommend that board highly enough and I use it in all of my projects. With the 2 onboard buttons and screen you can display and control a GUI without any extra components. They also have amoled and touchscreen versions but they are more expensive and I dont think touchscreen would work well for this application. Everything is detailed in the github build guide.

If you like it and want to develop or have any ideas for features let me know. I want to collaborate with people.

I cleaned up the code a bit and added speed control for the animated LED functions.
Right now I am evaluating these linear potentiometers Pololu - Force-Sensing Linear Potentiometer: 4.0″×0.4″ Strip, Customizable Length
(these look promising for another device I will make if they work well)
Next I will add vibration through Intiface game haptics router, and work on other intiface/ buttplug io integration. I could use some help on this.