MultiFunPlayer v1.29.3 - Multi axis funscript player - Now with SLR Interactive support

MultiFunPlayer

Download

About

MultiFunPlayer synchronizes your devices with video files using scripts. The player has the ability to synchronize multiple devices with multiple scripts at the same time enabling enhanced experience.

The project is hosted on github so any issues/feature requests should preferably be posted there, but you can of course always do that here too. Under the “actions” tab you can find development/beta builds with not yet released features.

If you are interested you can also find my other OSR/VaM/TCode projects on my github profile.
If you like what I’m doing, please consider supporting me on my Patreon :slight_smile:

Patreon only features

• Support for DeoVR SLR Interactive script streaming (requires SLR subscription)

Main features

• Supports DeoVR, MPV, MPC-HC/BE, HereSphere, OpenFunscripter, VLC, Whirligig, Plex, Emby and Jellyfin video players
  • Internal player to play scripts without video files
  • Supports buttplug.io, TCP, UDP, websockets, namedpipes, serial, file and The Handy (experimental) outputs
  • Supports XBVR and Stash as script repositories
  • C# plugin system for custom behaviours and integrations
  • Supports multiple concurrent outputs of the same type
  • Supports TCode v0.2 and TCode v0.3 devices with advanced customization
  • Auto detection and connection to any supported video player and output
  • Flexible keyboard/mouse/gamepad shortcut system with many configurable actions
  • Seek, open and play/pause video from MultiFunPlayer
  • Real time script smoothing using pchip or makima interpolation
  • Configurable per axis speed limit and auto-home
  • Smart limit to limit axis range or speed based on another axis
  • Soft start sync feature to prevent unwanted motion
  • Script libraries to allow loading scripts not located next to the video file
  • Ability to link unscripted axes to scripted axes
  • Ability to generate additional motion or fill script gaps using random, script, pattern or custom curve motion providers
  • Customizable theme color with dark mode
  • Script heatmap with range and heat visualization
  • Supports script bookmarks and chapters
  • True portable app, no files are created/edited outside of the executable folder

How To

To synchronize with videos:

• Add desired video player via the top-right “plus” button
  • Configure if needed by expanding settings with the “arrow” button on the right side
  • Click connect (NOTE: DeoVR, Whirligig and HereSphere require you to enable remote server/control support in their settings)
  • Add desired output via the bottom-right “plus” button
  • Configure by expanding settings with the “arrow” button on the right side
  • Click connect

Once your video player and output are connected, scripts can be loaded in several ways:

• Manually, by dragging a script file from windows explorer and dropping it on the desired axis File text box.
  • Manually, by using the Script->Load menu in the axis settings toolbar.
  • Automatically, based on the currently played video file name if the scripts are named correctly:
Common
Axis Description Valid file names
L0 Up/Down <video name>.funscript
L1 Forward/Backward <video name>.surge.funscript
L2 Left/Right <video name>.sway.funscript
R0 Twist <video name>.twist.funscript
R1 Roll <video name>.roll.funscript
R2 Pitch <video name>.pitch.funscript
TCode v0.2
V0 Vibrate <video name>.vib.funscript
V1 Pump <video name>.lube.funscript
L3 Suction <video name>.suck.funscript
TCode v0.3
V0 Vibrate <video name>.vib.funscript
A0 Valve <video name>.valve.funscript
A1 Suction <video name>.suck.funscript
A2 Lube <video name>.lube.funscript

The above file names are standard and recommended, other supported script names can be seen and configured in “Device” settings.

The above file names are matched in all script libraries and in the currently playing video directory.

Prerequisites

Changelog

Previous versions

Supporters

Thank you to FUNOSR for providing me with their devices!
It will help ensure MultiFunPlayer behaves correctly with all device types.

If you don't have OSR2 or SR6 to use with MultiFunPlayer you can get one built for you with their custom low noise brushless servos via their shop.
Thank you to all 200+ patreon members who allow me to dedicate more time to MultiFunPlayer!
69 Likes

Yes, there is the table above with correct names, all currently shared multi axis scripts will work fine, although “suck” was/is sometimes “valve”, I’ll add compatibility for suction to handle “suck” too.

Darn, I took question down after I opened my eyes. You too fast with the reply!

1 Like

MultiFunPlayer v1.12.0:

Download:

• Add real time script smoothing using pchip (shape preserving) or makima (slight overshoot) interpolation. This can be changed per axis via the axis settings toolbar.
    interpolation
  • Add auto-home feature, when video is paused the axis will smoothly move to its default value after the configured delay. This can be changed per axis via the axis settings toolbar.
  • Add HereSphere as a video source
  • UI/UX tweaks
    • Move script invert toggle to toolbar
    • Reset sync when changing invert toggle
    • Show if the script is a “RAW” script, “RAW” scripts have smoothing disabled
    • Add auto-connect toggle to each video source
    • Change status when video source is trying to auto-connect
  • Add “lube” alias for V1 axis and add “valve” alias for L3 axis
  • Fix script not resetting when using link axis with priority and no link target selected
  • Fix DeoVR localhost process check when connecting

If you like what I’m doing, please consider supporting me on Patreon

2 Likes

This looks simple and elegant.

Quick question, if you just needed to use OSR manually, (without funscript), is there any software available able to handle this? perhaps using a gamepad? It appears that all OSR softwares available are primarily for playing funscripts.

I am cross-referencing HandyControl where you are able to use the Xbox controller’s dpad to increase/decrease speed and stroke length as needed live on the Handy. Any such capability with OSR?

Thanks in advance.

I cant think of any app for OSR that just has manual user controlled motion, but it shouldn’t be hard to make one. Some allow you to use a gamepad/keyboard for in app shortcuts.

I read somewhere that Tempest himself is creating a random stroker app but unsure if he will add gamepad support.

If you consider adding the functionality to your app, please consider using the dpad - left/right for speed increase and up/down for stroke length increase. Also, a way to pause- perhaps the start button.

I think OSR has a lot of potential, and per a lot of testimonials here, better than the handy, but for people who prefer to not use scripts, it is a little limited.

I cant thank all of you enough that literally share your programming expertise for all of us to enjoy through these apps. You are doing gods work.

1 Like

There are a few random strokers available on the OSR discord, none have gamepad support iirc. I also have a random stroker app in plans. And you could also technically use my other app LiveSense just by adding the tips manually, it allows you to simply program additional motions, but has some built in.

speed increase - there is not speed with OSR, it just accepts live positions, you can just use video playback speed to have similar effect
pause - unnecessary as MFP pauses when you pause the video
stroke length - i guess the only that would be useful, but it gets complicated with all the available axes

So i think for now im not planning on adding shortcuts.

Got you.

I guess I was sort of doing an (uneducated) direct comparison of OSR and theHandy, but it looks like it is literal apples and oranges!

Should I decide to go get an OSR as a second device, it looks like it would just easy to get a random script and use the available players, such as yours.

MultiFunPlayer v1.13.0:

• Extend buttplug.io device mapping to all supported linear/rotate/vibrate commands of your devices.
    MultiFunPlayer_2021-05-22_16-10-17
  • Add open/close toggle to video and script sections. This enables MultiFunPlayer to work in “compact” mode.
    MultiFunPlayer_2021-05-22_01-23-08
  • Allow starting and stopping of buttplug.io device scan. Before the scan was only ran once for 5 seconds after connection.
  • Add auto home duration slider
  • Add endpoint settings to whirligig source
  • Implement output target auto connect
  • Fix multiple spaces between TCode commands
  • Fix settings loading when window is visible causing the controls to update
  • Fix visual jitter of axis value bar when using interpolation
  • Fix rare race condition crash when closing MultiFunPlayer

• Breaking changes:
  • Rename smoothing to interpolation, setting will reset to default Pchip
  • Rename IsValuesPanelExpanded to ValuesContentVisible, setting will reset to default false

1 Like

MultiFunPlayer v1.13.1:

Download:

• Fix TCode not appending new line
  • Fix serial target axes never getting dirty causing no data to be sent
  • Fix network target not saving protocol type
  • Fix spaces in TCode commands in UPD network target

1 Like

MultiFunPlayer v1.14.0:

Download:

• Add shortcuts feature that allows binding keyboard/mouse/gamepad input to almost any setting or value (there are 900+ possible actions). Shortcut settings can be accessed via a button on the window title bar.
    2021-06-27_13-37-37
  • Show window minimize button (#10)
  • Fix rare value stutter by resetting sync before setting new position
  • Fix position error correction causing micro stutters, now smoothly adjusts time scale
  • Fix output target range sliders visual jitter
  • Fix serial autoconnect working after device is disconnected (#11)
  • Fix auto home not working in certain situations
  • Fix repeated valid index search before script first keyframe
  • Fix message spam from DeoVR and HereSphere
  • Fix TCode commands beginning with a space character
  • Fix video changed message getting ignored when playing a video file with the same name but in different path

1 Like

There is big difference betwen xtplayer and multifunplayer ?

Never used XTPlayer much but I think most notable differences would be:

• No built in player, for 2D videos uses MPV
  • On the fly script interpolation
  • Buttplug integration
  • Can output to multiple targets at the same time (ex. buttplug + osr serial, or osr serial + vam udp plugin)

and probably many other things. I guess just try it and let me know your thoughts.

Okay, to use osr I just have to plug it and it will find it ?

You have to manually specify the osr port once under the serial tab, then if you enable auto connect it will always try to connect to that port, if it cant find osr it will retry until you connect it.

This is awesome - thank you for the hard work.

Just getting to know the software since I got my OSR2+ the other week. Is there a hotkey setting to reduce the script intensity, either travel distance or stroke cadence? Something to help with edging without the blunt instrument “on/off” setting of the power bus switch.

Thanks!

I think best action to use would be Serial::L0::Range::Size::Value::Plus5% and Serial::L0::Range::Size::Value::Minus5%.
You can filter the list with serial l0 range size.

This will basically move your maximum and minimum stroke range value closer/further together.
You can also manually edit those values via the L0 output range slider under serial settings.

edit:
I guess you could also use Serial::L0::Range::Minimum and Serial::L0::Range::Maximum actions to have more control over top/bottom stroke position.

1 Like

Got it, will give it a shot.

If I’m understanding correctly though, there is a chance that I “overshoot” my tuned limits and risk smashing my wang? So I’d have to keep track of how many “clicks” I reduce by, and then reverse the same number of clicks when I wanted to get back to the original action?

Yea, I guess you would have to do that. I have my limits set at about 5%-95% so there is not really much to overshoot.

I could easily add new actions to adjust a “multiplier” that would go from 0-100% where 100% would always be the value that you have set on the slider. But that is a lot of new actions. Its the first iteration of shortcuts so time will tell what changes/additions have to be made.