Isolating Vibrations from OSR2 or other mounted devices

I live on the second floor of an apartment. The floors are very creaky and so, although I do not know for certain, I feel like the residents underneath me can hear the pounding vibrations being caused by my OSR2. I put the furniture that my OSR2 is mounted to, on some half tennis balls but at the end of the day, im not quite sure how much they really help.

I created this topic to see if anyone has come up with a decent solution for the hardcore vibrations caused by the mounted OSR2 (or a similar device). Has anyone else been in a similar situation and what solution did you come up with?

1 Like

Sorbothane is typically used for absorbing vibrations. Could be pricey if you’re trying to decouple like a whole desk.

Thank you so much for your reply @g90ak. That is a great suggestion. I will look into them further but your right, it could be a bit expensive tho.

You can also check some vibration isolation pads over the internet or just put any cheap foam you can get under the furniture, it should be enough, it’s not the train to use some expensive professional pads just for it.

I don’t know if it is really that neccessary, does OSR really put in so much force that the entire furniture shakes along with it?

4 Likes

lol great gif.
Honestly, the half tennis balls under the legs might be enough and im just being paranoid. It can shake fairly hard during the jackhammer moments but certainly no where near that bed.
Ill research isolation pads and make a decision or find something better to mount to. Thank you.