Legal aspects of script creation and distribution

thanks for this reply though, it gave me some comfort on the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not usually one to side with the man on an issue, but in this case I dont think doublevr was trying to say what the result of a copyright claim would be and was saying that some companies (Naughty America specifically) are well known to try there luck and that the American legal system doesn’t care who’s right or wrong, only who has the most money and best lawyers.

He was also recounting personal experience they had dealing with Naught America as a compnay and how litigious they are with Spam suits.

1 Like

Thank you :+1:
Right to the point.

I’m not sure I understand the chain of events here. Did SLR ever even have scripts from NaughtyAmerica?

Correct me if I’m wrong but in order to even be sued in the first place they’d need to find out who you are first no? Uploading free scripts It should be pretty easy to stay completely anonymous.

Sadly being anonymous on the internet is a illusion since about 10 years or more.
Generaly the amount of data that a funscript file has in it the files are very small sending them over more of site protocols and ways.

On other notes where it gets more tricky in my eyes is beats from triple A music work that are in some files from CH funscripts maybe. very fine lines - big company´s trying to attack company´s that sell devices that have the ability to be configured to sync to funscripts are in much more pain being attack by a Big Company.

FOMO like chance that companies go after a privat commercial distributional seller without a company like SLR being his “employer” are stupid low comparing to other things you might do wrong without noticing in every day life.

FOMO is just pretty bad nowadays. a good Thread with something everybody had on his mind at some point probly but not something to worry about.

Just wanted to update you guys on the progress:

1. SexLikeRealHD.com which was used by perpetrator to utilize Google traffic was moved to SLR by UDRP procedure

2. Branded SLR hi-jacked domains returned to SLR by initial legal effort
    sexliekreal.com
    sexlikerea.com
    sexlikereal2.com
    sexlikerealcom.com
    sexlikereel.com
    sexlikerel.com
    sexlikerial.com
    sexlikreal.com

3. Not exactly our job, but vrsexboard.net which is a big script pirate is down for the past few days. Hope it never gets back again. Some month ago they removed all SLR Originals content and scripts.

There were some few more cases here and there. It’s not Wild West anymore and there’s no room for pirates. More is yet to come

sadly i imagine that most legal systems are like this too :frowning:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Concerns over video in TikkTok Gym Thots 2

Is Nordvpn any good? I use nord currently

Nord has had controversies in the past and it depends on who you are.

I personally use surfshark.

I used to use express until they sold.

mullvad and perfect privacy are considered the top tier VPNs

I’m a lawyer in the US (also a lifetime member of SLR). I’d like to know the basis for a claim that a scripter cannot sell a script for a video as long as the scripter is not selling or giving away the video.

To me, this seems like saying that a musician cannot sell a recording of a composition and suggest that purchaser listen to the music while viewing a particular movie.

And I don’t see the harm to the video producer when the script user obtains the video through a legal transaction.