Let's set a community standard for tolerated content

I hope you know and can see that those are two very different things (comparing Loli content with Gay/Trans content). What’s wrong with certain tags being muted so that our community can grow a bit more? We had people leave this community already cause of that content being visible on the front page. Not to mention that one of our biggest members on here had some trouble a few days ago cause of that content and now he has to clear house and fix everything up a bit for his Patreon.

Thick skin yadayada. I am not even sure why I did comment on your post with you just having joined two days ago and then also being a stalker with looking up others activities and posts… Were you already one of our members? :stuck_out_tongue:

Slightly off-topic with this comment.

The top 4 posters to this thread have contributed zero scripts, are not patrons, and have only requested scripts; Perhaps they have purchased scripts from other users. Food for thought when it comes to proposing rules to a “community” that you don’t really involve yourself in.

5 Likes

That’s just the 1% rule. Of course the majority of people in a community are just consumers, that doesn’t mean they aren’t important. Without the 90% you don’t have a community.

1 Like

Ppl are mad bcs they dont wanna see smth, bruh just turn it off in tags Lol

5 Likes

Nah, Elinor Ostrom is much better at setting out what it takes when it comes to maintaining Commons than some silly wiki-rule. Those 90% lurkers and consumers could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn’t notice.

3 Likes

Seems the solution would be to have each new member receive no access to any content until they choose the tags they would like to have access to. Then as an extra input to make it feel like authentic security a second level secret code could be texted to that user.

Is there a “sarcastic” emoji?
I love this place. Really!!

The default search for a new user should ignore certain tags deemed by the community to be “non-standard” or “fringe”. If someone wants and is looking for that content, then they can go and find it. Personally, I don’t think loli/shota has any place in any form anywhere, and I find the consumption/creation of it abhorrent; so in terms of eroscripts, I’d gladly have that content banned.

1 Like

Its sad that it has to be solved like that, but at least the workaround works except for 1 thing: I only had the watch first post setting, and now it just follows all updates. So i need to pay more attention to what actualy is new.

After clicking items on the sidebar, you can select “New” on the top for newly posted topics.

To simplify the process, turn on “link to the filtered list” in your preferences. You’ll be automatically send to the New / Unread list of topics if there is any.

Reminder to everyone - this topic is not for discussing the ethics OR legality of lolicon/shotacon content.

Normally I’m happy to let conversations naturally evolve, but it seems that anything that approaches this topic ends up devolving into people emotionally expressing their subjective opinions on the topic (both for and against), which ends up taking over whatever the topic was originally about.

2 Likes

It bothered me as well, I suggest adding a feature to mute or ignore tags, just as you can do for individuals right now, it will be great not just for that but for interest in general, for example I don’t own a VR headset and I would like to exclude scripts with VR tags from my notifications.

Yeah that’s the nature of the topic I guess, sorry for getting too far away from the topic.

I feel like the poll kinda speaks for itself at this point though, is there much need for this thread to continue?

My only suggestion would be to prompt if a user wants to blacklist any tags upon account creation, maybe also showing an alphabetical list of all tags, other than that I don’t think any change is necessary. I don’t think auto blacklisting tags is a good idea and I definitely think banning anything is a bad idea.

3 Likes

44% voted specifically to ban this content. I think that’s a pretty good indicator that the “admin discretion” standard isn’t adequate. I think the result of going back to business as usual is going to be that someone makes a viable alternative to this site that doesn’t allow it, and this community very quickly becomes nothing but this.

It is a feature. See post #80.

I think the 44% is weighted so high because the options are simply ban it or don’t ban it. Maybe we need a poll with options about blacklisting, and options with other sensitive tags.

I think you underestimate how disgusted most people are by this stuff. I don’t want content I create anywhere near it. I don’t want my name showing up on a list next to it on ANYONE’s feed. It makes me feel like I’m normalizing it, and causing harm. I have dozens of hours of scripts not posted here solely because this content is allowed here, and I am not alone in that. There really is no peaceful co-existing on this subject. I’m about to write this place off for good, and people leave this site every day without making a fuss because of this. They just don’t come back. Eventually, you won’t have anyone but the people here specifically for it. It’s already wildly disproportionate to society as a whole.

when the overwhelming consensus is don’t ban anything. and I agree, this is coming from someone who dislikes much of the stuff on this site. including gore, bestiality, gay, trans, mlp, furry. bringing up this discussion is indeed a waste of time. you can mute stuff you don’t wanna see.

as soon as you start banning content I like I’ll start asking to ban content I don’t like. that I have muted and never have to see. just out of spite.

7 Likes

I know the name is confusing. The mute feature does exactly this. It hides topics with these tags from your feed so you don’t see them as you browse. In fact it couldn’t block notifications as I’m aware.

You are receiving notifications because you are watching something, and watching is prioritized over muting. See post #94.

I don’t watch anything, only follow users. And I use the sidebar panel to track the tags I like.

1 Like

OK good to see that people responded to my request to keep this thread on-topic by immediately going right back to debating ethics :roll_eyes:. This thread was created directly from the previous ethics-debate thread so that we could specifically discuss site policy.

Myself and the rest of the mods have been reading this topic closely, and been having some of our own discussions (specifically regarding the mechanics of making changes), so I’m closing this thread now.

Sit tight everyone while we digest this info and consider what exactly to do with it
(we learned from last week’s fiasco that we need to be a little bit careful with how we make and communicate changes on the site lol)

8 Likes