How to personalize feed and EroScripts interface + Blacklist Tags

>> Introduction

Do you want to hide posts with certain tags?
Do you want to be notified of all new posts with the tags you like?
Do you want to turn on dark mode or change font size on Eroscripts?
Would you like to know how to follow your favourite scripters?

Than this guide is just for you :slight_smile:

>> READ FIRST!!!

Before going through this howto post you need to get into your preferences first:

1. Click on you Profile icon.
  2. Click on the small person icon.
  3. Click on the “Preferences”. The site may take a second to load your settings page.

That’s it! Now you can read the rest of this post.

>> Muting tags / categories / users

IMPORTANT: Watching and muting tags at the same time won’t work for you and will end up in notifications about muted tags too. For now, only watch or mute tags, but not both at once!

Muted tags will let you hide all content that you find disturbing. Muting tags is rather simple and takes just a minute or two greatly reducing the amount of posts you do not find enjoyable.

1. Make sure you are in the “Preferences” tab.
  2. Go to the “Tags” tab.
  3. In the “Muted” window select all the tags you don’t want to see.
  4. Hit “Save changes” button once you are done (IMPORTANT).

Note:
    You can also follow the same steps and mute certain categories / users, you just need to pick a diffrent tab in the 2nd step.

>> Watching tags

IMPORTANT: Watching and muting tags at the same time won’t work for you and will end up in notifications about muted tags too. For now, only watch or mute tags, but not both at once!

Watched tags will result in extra notifications you will get whenever someone creates a new post with these tags.

2. Go to the “Tags” tab.
  3. In the “Watched” window select all the tags you want to be notified of.

Note:
    Selecting popular tags or too many tags might result in a notification spam.
    If you have tags you’d like to follow, try using the sidebar panel instead.

>> Changing interface

If you are not satisfied with the default look of eroscripts than you can change it pretty easily:

2. Go to the “Interface” tab.
  3. The “Theme” section allows you to switch between different color themes (light, grey amber, dark, minima). Choose the one you are most comfortable with.
  4. The “Text Size” section allows you to increase / decrease the text size on the site.
  5. “Default home page” allows you to change the front page layout. “Categories” is selected by default.

>> Following users

Following is the new plugin added to Eroscripts. If you want to follow user you need to click on their profile icon and select “Follow”.

If you want to be notified of new posts by user you need to change some notifications settings first:

2. Go to the “Notifications” tab.
  3. If you want to be norified of all new posts made by the followed user in the “Follow” section you need to check the “Notify me when someone I follow creates a topic”.

1. In the “Follows” tab you should be able to see all posts created by your followed users.

>> Customize Sidebar

The sidebar on the left of the webpage provides an easy shortcut for categories and tags.

If you have tags you’d like to keep track of, it is better to add them to the sidebar rather than watching/tracking the tag in the tracking preferences. Browsing them this way will respect your muted options.

Simply click on the edit button and select the ones you’d like to add.

Two additional options about the sidebar behavior can be found in your user preferences, under “Navigation Menu”.

• “Link to the filtered list” - clicking on sidebar items will automatically send you to the “unread” or “new” list, if there is any.

• “Show a count of the new items” - turn the dot next to the tag / category into numeric unread counts.

28 Likes

Thanks this is a super helpful post!

Is there a way to add combined tags to your watched list? For example any future posts with both hentai+vr tags I would love to get notified of without getting inundated by watching each tag individually.

2 Likes

This would be a huge jump in cleaning up my notifications.

The inverse would also be helpful. Like if I just want to be notified of scripts that are only blowjobs without vaginal or anal. Something like “+blowjob -vaginal -anal.”

1 Like

Also, I muted the category “paid scripts,” but my notifications are still flooded with topics from the paid scripts category.

Thanks for this post! Great information to have.

YEEEEES! So glad I found your post. I was about to create a topic about this :joy:

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to work, and all of my muted tags and muted categories are still showing up in my notifications.

Edit: Just as I typed this I got a notification with trans and sissy tags which I’ve both muted lol.

It definitely does for me. Make sure you are not watching any categories.

Works here buddy! And I muted the same two tags :sunglasses:

I’m not watching any categories.

However, I think I’ve finally figured out what’s broken. As of right now you can either watch tags or you can mute tags/categories, but you can’t do both.

In my preferences, under notifications and tags, I’ve got compilation, gloryhole, hypno, and shefinishesthejob selected for “Watching First Post.” For “Muted” I’ve selected gay, shemale, trans, sissy, and some others. I’ve also selected paid scripts as a muted category. So what’s happening is that the tags I’m watching are breaking my muted tags and muted categories. The result is that I’m getting notifications for things like “hypno”/“trans”/“sissy” scripts or “shefinishesthejob” scripts in the paid scripts section.

Oh, right, I remember reading a simialr post somehere. I will add it to the guide for others, thanks!

1 Like

The current method is you go to Preferences > Tracking > look at the bottom-right where it says Muted and add the tags there.

3 Likes

thanksss.

A friendly reminder: the howto post work like wiki. This mean they can be edited and updated.

I currently don’t have time to do it so it will probably stay outdated for a while, but if someone wants/can spend some time to update this or any other of my posts (if necessary) that would be great.

The sidebar feature introduced in Discourse 3.0 has become my go-to way of following tags. It is better organized, does not clutter your notification inbox, and it respects your mute settings.

I added a section about this feature in the wiki.

2 Likes