Lifehack: Enjoy HapticsConnect unlimited with a single purchased script

Well, I wasn’t going to contact them again, and wasn’t even replying to him, but above you’re able to see how well it went.

Clearly, they’re a business that cares about customers.

1 Like

We wanted to do the whole thing as simple and as straightforward as possible. We are really short on staff. Like really missing more people to join our team in every thinkable part of what we do.

Pay per script was a legacy and we were supposed to support it.

Premium is the minimum condition which is our main product.

I don’t think having ex-Premium users is a good idea.

Anyway things are moving fast here. We can’t afford doing long procedures. Also not a single Premium user was affected. So far new policies work great and we are planning a lot of cool technical stuff to release.

All the noise is coming from people that don’t have Premium, nor have any plans to get one. Why should we care about those?

From what you say you aren’t a customer. There’s no Premium user having an issue with the change, but some very loud freeloaders.

If you don’t want to get Premium just find yourself another app. You don’t have to be loud about it and post all the nonsense here.

For the last time, I WAS a customer. And I WAS going to be again.

If you want to know the whole story, I have pancreatic cancer. My sex drive is pretty much shot. When I do feel well enough for sexual activity, my wife isn’t always up for it, as is her right as a a living human being. So she got me a handy to use when she wasn’t in the mood and I was.

I’m not going to keep an active $40 a month sub to a website when I’m not going to be using it every day. My subscription expired. I used that sub for two months to get six scripts that I was given included in the sub, and I used the SLR player because, hey, that’s where I got the scripts and the video for.

My chemo is near finishing and I had actually been considering resubbing to see the new content for when I was feeling better. But now? Yeah, no thank you. I don’t want to give a business headed by such a smug “visionary” who called me a “low life” for not maintaining a sub to a service I wasn’t actively using at the time but still had the content I rightfully downloaded during my sub.

Instead of interacting with people as a decent human being, you just assume everyone is stealing from your company or just trying to be a free loader.

Now I’m ignoring you and not going to read anything else from you and will never use anything from your company ever again.

3 Likes

Thanks for a thoughtful comment :pray:

Just wanted to highlight that we can go through everything if brought in a respected way.

We can not not to support pay per script as this is what we have started with. What’s more important is that pay per script is one set of rules, Premium another.

I can’t get how that liqsliduex guy doesn’t get it.

I’m really sorry to hear your story. By no intend I wanted to make fun of you or anything. It’s just reciprocating what you say. And sorry for all the sharp statements, didn’t mean to insult you personally.

I have suggested multiple times to contact our support for superlow Premium. As low as you reasonably would come up with giving you unlimited access to everything. Otherwise $0.99 one time script purchase would fully unlock you HC.

Just stop bringing those outrageous arguments and we are cool. We have got ourselves into a drama no one wanted.

I sincerely wish you a great treatment and recovery. No disease stands a man that is truly fighting for himself :fist:

1 Like

so all i have to do is purchase 1 script to be able to use the HapticsConnect? wish i knew this earlier. is it stated on the app itself or am I just blind lol. I’ve always used SLR to test VR scripts before making them publicly available but after seeing that Haptics were locked behind premium I figured I’d have to find another way to test my scripts.

Right. But it’s rather a hack. We don’t have it explicit on the site.

Also why don’t you join our script creator program and get full Premium access?

First, you did make fun of me. You called me a low life in the other thread.

Second, please, please, please tell me what I said that’s outrageous? You’re premium+script subscription has a higher rate and included script streaming and three DOWNLOADED scripts. I downloaded my allotment of scripts. The cost of those scripts is included in the increased subscription fee. Unlimited streaming scripts PLUS 3 script downloads are the benefits of the increase in subscription.

It’s outrageous for me to think that I’ll be able to use the scripts that were included in my subscription fee with the software that you provided for them?

I didn’t steal the scripts from your website. As I said, if you never intended the scripts to be used outside of direct purchase or an active sub, why allow three downloads a month? Why do you not put in the terms that the scripts will only be able to be used with the app with an active sub? That information is nowhere when signing up for a sub.

4 Likes

alright things are starting to get heated here. Cool it or I’m going to start removing replies or locking the topic

i usually only do VR vids when their requested by other users so I never really had a reason to get setup with the Creator Program. i think i may start looking into it now tho thanks for the advice

1 Like

I’m kind of confused as to what the new policy is. I am a slr premium subscriber and I do not subscribe to the scripts premium. However, I have and still do purchase many of the scripts from SLR individually (they show up as a green interactive icon in the app) and I can stream them or download them to play locally in my quest. SO my question is do I now need to maintain my SLR premium video subscription to access the local player to play downloaded videos and interactive scripts, purchased individually, with my quest2 directly connected to The Handy. Or would I have to play them now through this haptics app.

I guess my question is if this only for those that bought the unlimited streaming script subscription or for individually purchased script ex subscribers as well.

1 Like

I use windows reality mixed + Reverb G2 + Handy. I have installed old DeoVR program on PC.
I start the mixed reality portal, in the VR room I open the desktop and run the DeoVR program (with Steam turned off). DeoVR has the Handy option enabled, checked and working.“The bad thing” is that to use the application I have to do it with the xbox 360 joystick, with the Reverb G2 joystick I haven’t been able to but the interactions with the program are the same.

1 Like

Are you talking about needing to use the X360 controller to keep the script in sync with the video while you’re skipping around in the program? When I was using HandyControl 1.2.3 I would have to use the x360 controller to skip around videos and not just click a spot on the timeline to get to that section. It was kind of frustrating.

Another workaround you might want to try is using either ScriptPlayer (which now has built-in handy Support) or Multifunplayer + buttplug.io. MFP and Buttplug had a little more involved setup, though.

With ScriptPlayer, you can put in your Handy key, point it to your old DeoVR installation, and you should be able to to use your joystick again if you’re having the same problem I had.

MFP and buttplug.io is slightly more difficult to set up, but allows more options and connections.

Both options add another program in the mix, but it restores the functionality I prefer.

1 Like

With the 360 joystick I use it just like the Reber G2 joystick, you can zoom, raise or lower the screen, skip a few seconds in the video playback with the crosshead forward or backward, pause it, stop it, etc. The downside is that by not having the “light beam” you have to point your head when you want to select a video or to move around the video player bar :sweat_smile:
I’ll try the ScriptPlayer option you give me, thx.
Although I think the controller issue is from not having Steam connected. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No, I don’t keep the script in sync with the video. I just select the video, the script loads, the handy runs.

If you have ever purchased a single script you should be fine without premium

Please message support if you have an issue to get reverb controllers working .
Otherwise both slr and deo apps older versions are being disabled once the new updates come out. It’s the general app development logic, otherswise it’s not possible to maintain it.

@hugecat can we get slow mode off? It’s all good here

I think I did not explain myself well, I have the old version of DeoVR installed on the PC as an independent program, outside the Steam environment.

When I start windows reality portal I do it with Steam deactivated because if I have it activated, the version of DeoVR that runs is the latest version where the Handy option is disabled.

Having Steam deactivated I have to use the 360 controller to interact with DeoVR, but it is not a “problem” because the 360 controller options can be configured within the CONTROLLER section in the application.

It’s the way I’m using to access my local videos with the Handy option enabled in DeoVR ,preventing DeoVR from updating.

turned it off

1 Like