Looking for Estim advice. *updated* New Experiences

This is great info. Thanks!

I already included some TENS pads with my order of Midistim parts from Amazon. I didn’t know if square or circular shaped pads matters so I got a pack with four of each. I didn’t even consider there could be quality issues with conductive rubber. I was just about to order some off of ebay for almost half the price too. Do you have experience with any other non-insertable electrodes like the fabric straps, the stretchy fabric sleeves, metal rings, CR loops with metal beads, ball bags, bipolar loops?

No experience with buying metal rings, I’ve used thick (like 14 gauge pulled from Romex house wiring) and small 18 gauge solid core copper wire and am not a huge fan of metal electrodes myself, but I know others use and like them. I think using copper wire is a decent start because it is cheap and you can customize size and shape easily versus buying a more expensive ring.
The ‘fabric straps’ if I’m thinking of the same ones you might be referring to are just cheap static straps repurposed for estim, the actual electrode is a rectangular metal base and the fabric itself doesn’t have anything conductive in it. I used these when I started stimming but the elastic strap gets gunky and gross so I tossed them because I didn’t like the feel as much as other electrodes. I’m not into ball stim that much so I haven’t tried ball bags or sleeves. For bipolar loops, haven’t been too interested because I prefer my electrodes to have more distance but it’s worth a try for experimentation I suppose.

1 Like

the erostek 232 is a solid device and its very safe and works with funscripts by using https://cfs6t08p.github.io/funstim/funstim.html to convert them to audio files, i used it all the time with scripts from this site and i use the frequency 645 but you can play around with the frequency to find one you like

1 Like

Doesn’t ScriptPlayer also do this on the fly now, or am I not undertanding that feature correctly?

Also, how are you guys using VR scripts with estim? I use Heresphere which connects to my Handy over wifi with a connection key, but an estim device doesn’t have that so what do you do?

doesnt do that for me but maybe mine is old

I should have all of my Midistim components tomorrow, but I’m still trying to figure out what I should mount this stuff to. The instructions suggest mounting everything to some kind of aluminum plate. Is this plate going to get hot? Is it going to light my bed on fire if I’ve spent hours stimming my nuts off with it sitting on the pillow next to me?

Aluminum plate? All the stim builds I have seen have the components installed in a case with openings for inputs/outputs, control knobs, switches, etc. Most builds used an electronics case used for projects or rarely someone 3D prints theirs. I built mine from a powered PC speaker which already has a case.

I’m doing Tronic’s Midistim build here. It shows mounting the transformers and the resistors on an aluminum plate. The instructions say you can mount it to a wood block, but the aluminum will act as a hit sink. Now if you look further into that google drive link, you’ll see the ProStim build. It’s real pretty in a nice pretty case, but the transformers and resistors are still mounted onto a plate inside it.

1 Like

The resistors may get hot when you run it continuously at full power, but they will not catch fire. But you will likely not run at max power, because that will be very painful.

1 Like

You have to try different locations. Head , base of cock and looped under balls works good also. a pad on the ball sack also need to put on a ball stretcher to keep a nice tight sack.

1 Like

That’s great. Once I get my box built, I’ll give those placements a shot. I wasn’t sure if triphase would work with everything being much closer together. Great tip on the ball stretcher!

Guys… I think I just built an Estim box.

I haven’t tried it out yet so I can’t say that it works. I probably won’t get a chance until tomorrow, but it looks right and there wasn’t anything confusing about Tronic’s instructions. I took my sweet time, double and triple checked everything, and I think it took me less than an hour and a half.

The only thing I had an issue with is that the connections on Tronic’s resistors appear to insert fully into the terminal blocks. The ends of my resistors would not go into the metal inner housing so I just jammed them between that piece and the plastic outer housing. They don’t seem to be going anywhere. If there’s an issue with that, I’ll just go ahead and solder it to the wire.

Right now everything’s just in a small cardboard box until I find something suitable for mounting. From what I’m hearing this shouldn’t be a problem, but I will make sure to keep an eye on the resistors during testing.

If you’ve been following along and want to build the Midistim, my advice so far with the assembly would be to get yourself some real wire strippers, a precision screwdriver set (you actually only need one or two bits depending on which amp you buy), and the Waygo levernut connectors that @electro mentioned further up the thread.

I’m honestly kind of overwhelmed with the idea of testing this thing now. I hadn’t anticipated getting it built today, and now I’m not sure what to do.