Looking for Estim advice. *updated* New Experiences

Most of this is over my head, so others would have to chime in with more experience and technical advice. I can answer what I can with my experiences though.

1. Estim is fundamentally different in experience than strokers. It feels completely new, and can’t be compared if you ask me. That said I can try, as I own both an OSR2 and now the Electrastim Flux. Estim feels like a static prickly sensation that hits the entire affected area nearly at the same time, all with a similar sensation. The stronger the settings, the more intense that prickle is. If I turn it too high too quickly, it can be a little painful but not too bad, though I haven’t tried going crazy with that idea. What is interesting is that if you turn the current down a tiny bit after what you have reached, it is like the best kind of enjoyable ‘vibrating’ if you ask me, as it is your junk itself feeling it entirely, not localized from outside. It’s not the same, but it is quite good once you have found a setup that feels good for you/get used to the sensations after a few uses in general. I have seen some mention of tri-phase or something, but I don’t know the specifics. Some people have mentioned that being something like BJs, presumably because the 3 location setup(need specially made electrodes or something?) lets it travel up and down the 3. Can’t speak much to it myself.

Auto-strokers are loud and take more setup, so I much prefer Estim now being compact and quiet. Last longer too, as the sensation is very different. May change over time as my body is accustomed to the sensation, but as of now I often have to spike the current 10-15 levels when I want release to be certain. Once you do so, there’s no real stopping it for me unless I turn things to 0, because even if you turn it down some quickly, the ‘vibrating’ feeling close to release is pleasurable enough it may be easier to have kept it higher. Even low levels are intense when close to release.

1. Yeah, you can use strokers while stimming, though from what I have read, the silicone may degrade more quickly from doing so due to the current spreading to it. I have tried doing this once with a fleshlight- not an auto-device, and it added a little more sensation, easily pushing one over the edge, but for the most part the prickling overrides most outside sensations if you ask me. Not entirely, so it is still definitely an option. I cannot however speak to whether it is safe while using other electric devices. Silicone is supposed to be an insulator, so it should be fine if that is all that is touching you? Not sure there.

2. You can. Some people even have trouble being erect while stimming from what I have read. The sensations will be pretty much the same, though the natural throbbing from a hard-on adds to the tension making it better if you are able to enjoy it enough to be hard. The refractory period is still there, but the pleasure of the stimming doesn’t seem to go down by much even after release. May take a while to get there but shouldn’t be a difficult going for multiple rounds. That said, the refractory period of dampening sexual desires is still there, so you may not want to. Still feels good though.

Can’t answer the rest, but hope that helped answer some stuff. Absolutely get the loops if you get into Estim, so much better than the pads IMO. I don’t have any insertables either.

1 Like

To answer your questions

1. I don’t have an interactive stroking device, but I can tell you that this creates the sensation of movement with Funstim conversions of funscripts. Estim can also create other feelings that are diverse such as a pulsing throbs/clenches, vibrations, sharp pain with short rapid pulses that can feel like a whip. It can create many sensations and it is hard to describe them because some aren’t easy to describe.
  2. You could, I personally have zero desire to manipulate manually because the estim feels better but usually a TENS pad on the perineum as the common(tri-phase configuration) and another at the top side of the cock at the base, and an anal electrode work well to allow manual(or stoker) manipulation. You could also use one on the cock at the top at the base, another at the perineum right next to the balls, and one further down near the hole but for a funstim conversion, you need 3 electrodes to get the movement sensation otherwise it’s just a constant ‘buzz’ with no features because the triphase phase-shift effects need 3 electrodes with a common connection on one electrode to work.
  3. You don’t need an erection while stimming, I often don’t bother to get an erection prior to stimming but will usually get one soon after I start, sometimes stim sessions can last an hour or two and usually the erection will be lost at some point and often will come back and usually I will cum with an erection even after a 2 hour session, but it’s possible to cum without an erection.
  4. The lower end boxes can’t play Funstim conversions and the xtoys integration of Funscripts doesn’t feel the same and the Coyote reaction time sucks. I have both devices and the Midistim is where it’s at, in my opinion there is no better device at any price and it happens to be one of the cheapest options because it’s about the same price as the cheapest commercial device out there(Coyote). I only prefer using the Coyote if I want something that’s small/portable and battery powered but xtoys doesn’t work without an Internet connection so there are limitations to its portability.
  5. The general recommendation is to use an amplifier that uses the TPA3116(or TPA3116D2) chip that has a heat sink installed on the chip. It’s common and can handle constant high power output without overheating or having bad characteristics to estim. There was a huge test of a big pile of different amplifiers that use different amp chips and most of the amplifiers out there can’t handle the high constant power output we usually use for estim without overheating or burning out. Many of us got away with using an amp that had a tda7498 chip but that option was deprecated because it used a cooling method that is unreliable because the chip was cooled from the bottom side of the chip through copper on the PCB instead of a heat sink on top. There’s also a different amp chip recommended in the Tronic Midistim documentation but the TPA3116 amplifiers are more common and cheaper and it’s the go to at this point for DIY Stereostim builders.
  6. The power supply should be 12v, 4amps, be UL listed, 2 prong plug(NOT grounded), double insulated(should have a square within a square symbol), have a compatible connection method with whatever amp you choose. The resistor value should be exact, the audio line transformer can be any of the 70v or 100v options in the parts list. In the US the Speco audio line transformer is often the easy and low cost one to find, in Europe and Canada usually people need to find one of the other options. The voltage between the 70v and 100v doesn’t matter in our application, get what you can find among the parts list and connect it up using the recommended tap settings in the documentation and you should be good to go.

Apart from that, when you get your stuff don’t be tempted to crank the power high right off the bat, get a feel for it at the subtle level, it should feel comfortable and shouldn’t have a sharp sting to it. If you are using a conductive loop(s) and you feel a sting, add some more electro lube(such as Spectra360). You might feel numb afterwords, especially if you crank the power and you are new to estim or your electrode configuration puts two electrodes on the same nerve in two different places(if you have an electrode at the cock head and another at the base of the cock be sure to insulate the top half of the electrode so you aren’t double stimming the dorsal nerve in two places), but the numb sensation is temporary and related to the intense sustained nerve stimulation, similar to using a TENS system.

1 Like

@Alterworlds @electro Thank you very much for all of the detailed information from both of you guys.

I didn’t realize that tri-phase, which I’m still trying to understand, is the key to creating the sensation of movement. I thought I would just be using two electrode loops. I found a triphase cable here which somehow is $85!!! I managed to find a cheaper cable here and here, but still I don’t understand how they can justify $30 for a cable. That’s more than the amplifier I’m purcahsing for the Midistim.

I think I’ve found everything I need online to build the Midistim. That info on the amplifier and the rest of parts list was really helpful. I feel much more confident in my purchasing decisions now. Surprisingly, the only thing I can’t find is this dual slider volume control. Sennheiser Volume Control - HZR 62 - - Headphone Volume Control Cable
It’s as if Sennheiser discountinued the product and then nobody made a replacement with the same functionality. I’m also not sure what to do about an aluminum mounting plate, but I’m sure something will come up.

I was actually thinking about the Coyote for travel and portability purposes. Since they’re both about the same price, I think I’ll try to diy the Midistim first since that should give me the definitive answer of whether e-stim is for me.

1 Like

I don’t know what this triphase cable is all about. My estim setup uses a Wago levernut style 3 conductor connector and there is one for each output wire of the transformer,so 4 of these total. For triphase, I just connect the two common outputs of the transformers together, in my case they are black wires. From there, pick one of those to connect the electrode to this common connection. No special cables needed to do this, just a 3 inch wire to connect the terminals together.

1 Like

Ok good to know I don’t need an $85 cable. Great idea with those Wago levernut connectors.

So for connecting your electrodes to your box you would take the wires like this https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Electrode-Connect-Electronic-Machines/dp/B01HJE682I snip off the end that normally connects to a TENS unit, split them so you now have four wires, strip the end you just snipped, and then connect that to the Wago levernut connectors?

yes. That looks like the same ones I got and the price is the same so they must be the same.
The wires inside those are very fine strands and have a weird fabric thing in them. Somewhat difficult to strip and then you can carefully separate the fabric thing from the wires and cut that off. I’m not sure if all of the TENS stuff have the same configuration but I bought two different sets by a different brand and color scheme to try to get something different, but were both like that and I didn’t feel like buying more to figure out if any had beefier wires inside. I’ve found the same thing inside TENS pad wires too(on the socket side)
I haven’t come across any problems using them though apart from occasionally needing to strip a little more sheathing off if the thin wires get mangled. I’ve been using them for 3 years now so no real complaint, just an annoyance.
If you use other electrodes, like DIY ones that don’t use the TENS socket, you can simply put the wire in the wago connector. Most people use TENS pads, conductive tubing(if you are in the US happystim-usa is where I got mine from). TENS pads are used without electro lube and conductive rubber tubing(it’s actually silicone) you use with electro lube(Spectra360 is $20 for a 5 pack of large tubes of it on Amazon in the US).

1 Like

Thank you for all the help! :+1: I just finished sourcing, and placing orders, for all of the parts for my Midistim. I guess now I just need to start researching electrodes. I checked out happystim-usa. It looks like a great shop with a lot of interesting product.

Their package of “6x2mm and 4mm or 4x2mm Tube DIY package with 4 cord locks” with the 4x2mm option is what I started with. Comes with two pieces of 2 foot long conductive tubing in two different thicknesses. Depending on your size you might be able to cut a third of the thinner stuff to make an electrode for the base of the glans. If you use a solid core wire inside you can wrap it around without the cord locks, I use that for the base electrode. For electrode configurations do a Google search for
Electrosex And E-stim Electrode Position Guide and it should bring up a website called Joanne’s Reviews with electrode position suggestions. There are other configurations but that covers most of them.

1 Like

I build the MidStim without an amplifier so I added the Pyle amplifier to it. So the stim file is playing on the computer and goes into the amplifier (Via a USB soundcard) and then into the MidStim. I regulate the volume on the amplifier and when using 2 channels I’m able to use the balance to regulate the channels.
I use a simple piece of software to redirect the sound to the USB soundcard.
Audiorouter on Github Latest version (2016)

1 Like

So I use Erostek et312 and I love it in three phase configuration. You can see how I wear them in the picture. I wear rings around my glans and around the tail shaft and an anal electrode. For me the rings are excellent. They are super conductive and fit very well. But are the rings a bit open, so that I can cum super when I have an orgasm and am not constricted. The downside with the conductive hoses was that after a few uses they stopped conducting as well.

To spice things up I have some ants, Myrmica rubra. A red ant species that sting. and this stinging causes an itch and elevation so my cock stands rock hard. I love it, the orgasm is also very very breathtaking. It’s a bit perverted, but it serves the purpose. and I like it very much.

Sounds similar to (but much less intense) when guys rub their dicks with stinging nettles which causes a bit of swelling but also a HFO.

Excuse me, what now?

You guys are trolling me right?

You can find a few descriptions of the nettle usage online. Basically the leaves are covered in hollow hairs that deliver a whopper of a histamine dose that causes minor swelling and the sensation can lead to a HFO an hour or so after rubbing the leaves on your junk. A couple videos can be found on the usual xxx tube sites but reading about the experiences gives a lot more information. It’s not for me lol.

1 Like

I love the way this thread went from “Hey can you guys help me zap my dick with some electricty?” To “I’m building my own dick shocking box that plugs into the mains of my house. Wish me luck, lol!” And finally, “If you want a true HFO, electrocute your dick, rub a poisonous plant all over it, and then stick it in a nest of fire ants.” :rofl:

Thank you. You guys never disappoint. I love it here. :heart:

4 Likes

@elektrowichser Do you have any experience using a triphase configuration that doesn’t involve an anal electrode?

That’s a great a tip! Thanks!

I’ve seen that electrode position guide from Joanne’s site. There’s not much for triphase, but I think I get the overall idea. Without having experimented with it yet, it’s difficult to imagine what all of the different configurations will feel like. This just makes me even more excited about getting my box built! Two things I don’t see in her configurations are the use of bi-polar loops and those fun looking ball hugger bags with electrodes.

It looks like this is what you’re referring to for making electrodes. http://www.happystim-usa.com/catalog/i317.html From what I understand, the more surface area the electrode has, the smoother the experience. Is this correct? When do you use a 4mm loop versus a 6mm loop? Conductive rubber commonly goes up to 8mm so why not use that for everything?

@elektrowichser what is the outer diameter of the rubber you’re using in those pics?

Doesn’t ScriptPlayer now include this functionality so you can play the video audio out of your speakers/headphones as normal and then select something else for the estim audio?

ants at work on my glans

Incredible things are happening in this thread.

The thing is you get a wider diameter like 8mm and the surface area touching is still a small cross section. The flexibility of the smaller diameters is better and the cost of electrodes is cheaper for 6mm vs 8mm. There is a balance to it, the 4mm size better tucks into the spot at the base of the head.

The only difference I see with the “DIY kit” is instead of getting just the two shorter lengths of the electrodes that the other packages provide, you get a longer length you can cut to size and you get more length of the stuff for the price. A scissors is the only difference between the “DIY” version and what you get with the “choker”(I think?) and whatever else they decided to call the other one. You get a set of the cord locks with the DIY kit and the price isn’t much different buying the two foot lengths of the two sizes compared to their bulk pricing for longer lengths. For TENS pads, online places like Amazon are cheaper. There are some bad quality conductive tubing on Amazon, which is why people usually suggest an estim vendor like HappyStim or Current Pleasures. I don’t have any experience with Current Pleasures conductive tubing though. Fun fact: They call this stuff conductive rubber but it’s really a silicone product with graphite(according to what I’ve read) added. CR is usually the acronym people use for it and that stuck so people keep calling it rubber, not that this really matters though.

1 Like

Another thing, don’t stretch this stuff or expose it to silicone lubricant, it will destroy the conductivity. Also oil doesn’t conduct, so don’t use that either. I usually prefer to put it on just tight enough to not have an air gap and the Spectra360 does the rest to keep the experience from stinging.

1 Like