Lovense Solace mounting mod

Hello, apologies if this isn’t what this discussion is for, but I am currently working on a mounting modification for the lovense solace. I ordered it before I knew about the handy and while the sync isn’t as advanced it’s still working well enough for me that I am not in a hurry to replace it. In the meantime I am currently working on modifying the mounting system because the desk mount is not ideal for my setup. I have gotten as far as modeling and printing the face-gear that the original mount uses and testing it on a block to confirm that it is a sturdy enough connection to hold up the solace. Currently I am looking into adding a 1/4 inch threaded socket for mounting it to mic stands, but I am also looking at possibly making a vesa mount bracket because it seems the weight is too much for most stands. I wanted to open up the discussion here if anyone had ideas for stands that would work, or different mounting points that would work. Also if anyone knows of other lovense toys that use the same style that this would also work for let me know so I can make it easier to find when I finish it.

TLDR: in a perfect world what would you be able to use as a mount for a solace or similarly mounted lovense toy?

1 Like

I don’t have a solace, but I recently did some work with camera rigging equipment 1/4" threads and 3D printing.

For 1/4" heat set inserts I found that the CNC kitchen / Ruthex ones were way too long. These were the ones that I decided to use.
E-Z LOK Threaded Insert for Plastic Tapered Single Vane Brass Thread Inserts 1/4-20 Pack of 50 Amazon.com
They are a more reasonable length and very high quality.

If you want to use a single 1/4" bolt to mount it, I recommend using ARRI pin hardware and an appropriate ARRI hole pattern around the 1/4" mounting point. This will prevent rotation and be much easier to get secure than any type of locknut setup. You can check my designs for the hole sizing for those heat set inserts and ARRI pins as well as the ARRI pin pattern.

So, I was originally going to modify this and have it be built off of a 5/8th to 1/4 converter instead of a heated insert, basically an amateur when it comes to modeling, especially for anything with threads/gears. I definitely appreciate the advise and info, but unfortunately I don’t believe I will be finishing this project as I have realized that the solace is pushing off of me a lot during use and is kind of rocking my desk a bit. Its fine with the desk mount(inconvenient as it is) but I haven’t found a stand or other mount that seems to be able to support the weight of the solace at the height I was hoping to, let alone the amount of push back it has. I’m sharing the model I have of the test arm since the whole reason I made it was because I couldn’t find it and it’s a very odd locking system. If nothing else it may make it easier for someone else to pick up where I left off if an alternate mounting system would work for their situation.

Solace Mounting Arm