Modified joystick config file for JoyFunScripter

I haven’t done a lot of work on this but this one little change made a huge difference to my first experience scripting which you can find here.

Basically I didn’t like pushing the joystick all the way forward & back to go from 0% to 100%. It’s clunky and feels unnatural, plus it makes a noise that I’m not… THRILLED about my neighbours potentially hearing lol. Anyway, I wanted to use only the pull part of the joystick’s travel, but when I tried that in the settings, it was Pull back all the way for 0% and release to the middle for 100%. I prefer the relaxed middle position to be 0% and pulled back to be 100%. I can kind of think of it like I’m grabbing her hips and pulling her towards me.

So basically I’ve adjusted the amounts in the file so it only sees that half of the joystick, then you can use that full travel in the software options and switch the direction by choosing Up or Down.

Here’s the modified file:

JoyFunScripter.joystick.config.txt (3.3 KB)

I had to change the extension because the forum only allows a few file types to be uploaded. Just rename it to delete the “.txt” on the end and you can paste it into your JoyFunScripter program directory.

Make sure you back up your original config file first, or you can just open both files and copy across what you need, but if you do that you need to respect the brackets and not break the format of the file.

The axis that I’ve changed looks like this:

{
      "input": "Y",
      "low": 32768,
      "high": 65536,
      "onChanged": "OnVerticalStrokeChanged"
},

Basically low is set to 32768, which is half of the max of 65536, so I’m telling the software to only look at that half of the axis. I could grab the other half of the axis like this:

{
      "input": "Y",
      "low": 0,
      "high": 32768,
      "onChanged": "OnVerticalStrokeChanged"
},

Then in the software I’ve got the Simulator set like this:

2022-08-09 20_57_00-Raser1's Fun Scripter 0.13.1 - Jenna Foxx - I'm Just Here to Grab My Stuff

Hope this helps folks! I haven’t modified any of the other settings, but I’m sure I will as I learn the software better, but the rest of my config would probably only be useful to people using the same joystick as me.

4 Likes